• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenimax Online Studios is working on a new IP with a brand new engine

Probably grasping at straws here but wasn’t there some vague rumour about a seperate multiplayer game for Starfield? Normal Starfield out 2021, Starfield Online 202(2?3?4?) ala Elder Scrolls?

Apeopleman

Microsoft desperately needs more AAA exclusives. If they don’t pump them out, its going to be just like last gen with PS4 curbstomping Xbox one.

ps5 has:

horizon forbidden west
god of war ragnarok
socom (it’s being developed by guerilla)
bloodborne 2 (we all know it’s coming)
Spider-Man miles morales
demons souls

and much more

Kumomeme

Microsoft desperately needs more AAA exclusives. If they don’t pump them out, its going to be just like last gen with PS4 curbstomping Xbox one.

ps5 has:

horizon forbidden west
god of war ragnarok
Spider-Man miles morales
demons souls

and much more
yep. meanwhile their first party studio seems not settle down yet especially those recently bought. some of title take years before see the light and we dont even know how it will be compared to sony first party studio that has proven track record of quality game and established ip. microsoft's decision of buying zenimax is bold and good choice to 'fix' the problem that plague them for years. depending on how they steer their big ship now, this could give better position than this gen.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
When Bethesda says new game engine don’t they mean Version 2, 3 or 4 of Gamebryo?

lol
Like everyone. None build a new engine from zero. They are all iterations.
Zenimax Online Studios(and all other studios under Zenimax Media studios for that matter like id Software) use their own engine which have nothing to do with the one used by Bethesda.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
MS

tenor.gif

Yumi

Huh. I wonder if this will be the new engine that elders scrolls and Fallout will also be using? I really hope those two games get a graphics overhaul, and not just an updated version of current engine.

So is this studio going to be able to work on games with full campaigns, or are they only going to be doing games like TESO?

borborygmus

ESO was also not made using Creation Engine. Zenimax Online has their own in house tools.

They did use HeroEngine at one point for ESO. They claimed it was used as a "whiteboard" and that they were building their own client, but it's hard to take their claims of having their own engine seriously since in the past they presented Skyrim's explicitly as "not Gamebryo" and that was plainly untrue.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
MEH, nowdays if it doesnt play like EQ, FF14, or WOW I do not even care. I do not want a action adventure MMO.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
What's funny is I find ESO to be nothing like Skyrim, but Fallout 76 post updates/patches is basically Fallout Online. Hated ESO, really enjoy Fallout 76.

I know ESO is way more successful.. but it is not "Skyrim Online" BECAUSE they didn't use the Bethesda RPG engine used for Fallout/TES.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

36:11 and 38:17
And unlike the others who came later, we were built from the ground up with a specific goal of creating massive online games, the first of which was to be set in the Elder Scrolls world.
It wasn't always pretty and it definitely wasn't easy, but through it all, his belief in us and the promise of what we could deliver made us who we are today, and that extends to our future titles already in development. Everyone at ZOS is looking forward to being part of the Xbox family.

Last edited:

Tomeru

ps5 has:

horizon forbidden west
god of war ragnarok
Spider-Man miles morales
demons souls

and much more
Bruh, that is a list of human character walking on two legs. Needs alot more than this...

Top Bottom