• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack Snyder's Justice League 2 and 3 pitches revealed

They're included in a Dallas exhibit called The Dreamscape of Zack Snyder's Justice League.
It's a terrible story lmao. Lois has a kid with Batman :messenger_tears_of_joy: Nobody would watch the third movie after the abomination that is #2.
The boards directly reference Fury Road but some things were already changed when JL1 went into production. Wonder Woman was supposed to be alerted by another Amazon instead of an arrow, which splits off into a shitty subplot in JL2. Some things carried over to the Snyder cut, like the character of Mera. We learned last week that Warner Bros killed the Batman-Lois romance.

Intro and JL2
JL3

I'd like to see Mera draining the water from Superman's body. Everything else? Pure shit. They gave up on the pitch halfway through the third movie, it literally turns into "dude like, the whole world unites in a LOTR-like battle, we'll figure it out later, and Superman embraces his cuck status".

A lot of movies are the result of terrible pitches but this is a bit much.

INC

kill me now barney stinson GIF

ManaByte

I'm sure Reddit and Twitter have already declared this as a stolen masterpiece and are saying all sorts of wonderful G-rated things about Hamada and Johns.

JL2 reads like a bit of a drag but JL3 sounds like fun madness.

Though from that Vanity Fair piece we know that even if made, WB nixed all that Bruce+Lois stuff.

BigStef71

Neo Member
I think everyone is overreacting about these story boards. Zack would've changed allot of this stuff because he even said some of these ideas were too crazy. Anyways, they never even wrote the scripts for these films so with constructive criticism from the wb execs compromises would've been met. I will say though the story does sound pretty epic. It's too bad we never got to see this come to fruition. Hopefully ZSJL does well enough so we can get some sort of conclusion to Zack's story arc.

BigStef71

Neo Member
They already announced that JJ Abrams is rebooting Superman.
Yeah I know that we'r egetting a Calvin Ellis or Val Zod Superman movie. I'm just talking about a conclusion to his story. I know live action on hbo max is a long shot because it would be too expensive. So if they released an animated film or even comic to conclude it I think that would be a pretty good compromise.

I don't understand idiots like Abrams, Snyder, etc...

The plot and storylines are already written for you. Just pick up a comic book run, read it, and write a movie script. It's not that hard.

I'll never understand why scriptwriters and directors feel the need to alter beloved characters. There's a reason why Batman and Superman have been popular since well before even your parents were born and it's not because Batman decided to cuck Superman.

ManaByte

I don't understand idiots like Abrams, Snyder, etc...

The plot and storylines are already written for you. Just pick up a comic book run, read it, and write a movie script. It's not that hard.

I'll never understand why scriptwriters and directors feel the need to alter beloved characters. There's a reason why Batman and Superman have been popular since well before even your parents were born and it's not because Batman decided to cuck Superman.

"Once you've lost your virginity to this f**king movie and then you come and say to me something about like ‘my superhero wouldn’t do that.' I’m like ‘Are you serious?’ I’m like down the f**king road on that. It’s a cool point of view to be like ‘my heroes are still innocent. My heroes didn't f**king lie to America. My heroes didn't embezzle money from their corporations. My heroes didn't commit any atrocities.' That’s cool. But you’re living in a f**king dream world.”

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
here was me looking forward for the film to finally come out so people would STFU about it. the original sucked and i have no idea why anyone thinks this new version is gonna be any better. everyone has it in their mind as being as masterpiece before even having seen it. i hope it's good for their sake lol because that'll be some disappointment...

Kevin Smith did a podcast about this not too long ago. And mentioned what you can now see in the OP linked story boards.... does the art style look familiar?

They're ALL DRAWN BY JIM LEE !!!

Probably the only cool thing about this project

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Based off marvel movies is avengers that much better? Avengers had a hot start with iron man 1 and maybe avengers but they just aren’t very good in the end even last year (2019) with (marvel, end game etc) are they good? Yes are they monumental cinema experiences like dark knight? No. I’m trying to help DC with this point.

AJUMP23

I thought Batman and Superman were into Martha’s? That is how they bonded.
Batman is also better than being “mr steal your girl”. What a terrible idea. The flash or green lantern, now they would steal your lady. Why not let Lois have a thing for aliens and she is in a love triangle between Superman and Martian man hunter. She starts a human alien relationship advice column at the daily planet.

FunkMiller

Based off marvel movies is avengers that much better? Avengers had a hot start with iron man 1 and maybe avengers but they just aren’t very good in the end even last year (2019) with (marvel, end game etc) are they good? Yes are they monumental cinema experiences like dark knight? No. I’m trying to help DC with this point.

If the DCEU had been half as good as The Dark Knight, Marvel would never have had the utter dominance its enjoyed for the past decade.

As it stands, neck snappy grumpy Superman, murdery moron Batman, MARTHA, granny's peach tea and a storyline with more holes than a swiss cheese... means Marvel were and are on top forever.

I hope it’s good because I like the cast and I’m looking forward to Snyder’s vision but man the odds of it being anything other than bad are not in his favor. Out of 3 DC movies (or 2 if you take out JL) he’s had 0 good ones

ManaByte

I hope they don't let Snyder to direct more DC movies. It would be a big mistake.

They see JJ Abrams as the future of DC. He's producing the Justice League Dark HBO Max series, the Superman reboot, and they really want him to direct one of the movies they have in development. They just gave him $500M to be exclusive to WB.

Astral Dog

I loved the Snyder Cut and would be excited to see a sequel one day, i imagine some of the elements of these storyboards would be changed anyways.

Give me 8 more hours of the Justice League! 🤩

Astral Dog

I hope they don't let Snyder to direct more DC movies. It would be a big mistake.
dude i get Zack Snyder BvS and Man of Steel to a lesser extent were a mess, but i find his Justice League to be one of the best DC movies and a very good comic hero movie, if he were to dedicate himself to Justice League only, while other directors make their own vision in their movies/series(a few related to JL, others, not like the new Batman) i think that would be cool 👌 not this Znyderverse/DCEU nonsense but different visions working well, as long as they aren't shitty like Suicide Squad

Of course the chances of that happening are very low 😅

Madflavor

They see JJ Abrams as the future of DC. He's producing the Justice League Dark HBO Max series, the Superman reboot, and they really want him to direct one of the movies they have in development. They just gave him $500M to be exclusive to WB.

JJ Abrams is a black hole of creativity.

Top Bottom