• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yuji Horii: Dragon Quest XII “still a little while ahead”

Mista

Banned
DmEJOfRUwAEagbh.jpg

Dragon Quest series creator and game designer Yuji Horii posted a New Year’s card and message on Twitter, where he looks back on the series’ releases and announcements from 2019, as well as references Dragon Quest XII.

Here is the message in full:
Happy New Year. In addition to [what I said in the New Year’s card] below, there are some things I still cannot say, but as for [Dragon Quest] XII, it is still a little while ahead. However, there may be things we can release before that. Please give me your support again this year.

Happy New Year. Last year, we released the Dragon Quest movie Dragon Quest: Your Story, as well as the Switch version of Dragon Quest XI. We also released Dragon Quest Walk for smartphones, and announced anime and game adaptions for Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai. And now, 33 years after the first game, I am extremely happy to be able to challenge new things such as the production of [Dragon Quest] XII. To all the fans who have supported Dragon Quest thus far, as well as the many staff who have sustained it, thank you so much. While I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to keep this up, I want to work as hard as I can for a little while longer. May this year be a wonderful one for everyone. Please give me your support again this year.

— Yuji Horii

At the Dragon Quest Walk announcement event back in June 2019, Dragon Quest series executive producer Yuu Miyake also mentioned Dragon Quest XII, saying:
By the way, about Dragon Quest XII, which I’m sure is on everyone’s mind—[Yuji] Horii and I are currently making preparations on series developments that will connect to XII. I think it’s still too early, but we would like announce it in some form, so please wait a little while longer.
Gematsu

DonF

I finally surrendered and started playing again, from the beginning, DQ XI.

I stopped playing once definitive edition for the switch was announced, hoping it would get announced for ps4 too (I never expected the 8 bit mode, but I was hoping all extra content to be released for the ps4 version)

And I have to say, I love it. Its so old school and charismatic. But also light-hearted and joyfull. I prefer it very much over Final Fantasy.

I've only played VII, VIII and XI, yet I love those games. I will, for sure, keep an eye on DQ XII.

Saber

Gold Member
As a fan myself of DQ XI, I can say that I welcome more DQ games.

And again more hope that they decide to create Monster Joker games to the biggies. I would gladly welcome it.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Playing DQ XI S during the holidays has been such a treat for me. It's like watching the Neujahrskonzert: traditional and yet charming and never feels old.

Going forward i wouldn't mind if they localize some of the Monster games i've never tried, or get that Dragon Quest IX remaster/remake they teased last year.

Mista

Banned
Playing DQ XI S during the holidays has been such a treat for me. It's like watching the Neujahrskonzert: traditional and yet charming and never feels old.

Going forward i wouldn't mind if they localize some of the Monster games i've never tried, or get that Dragon Quest IX remaster/remake they teased last year.
Was it your first DQ?

Dragon Quest is such a great RPG series. It's great to read about other people picking up the latest entry and enjoying it. Been a fan since the first three games and love that they focus on the charming medieval fantasy worlds and keeping the battles turn-based while doing away with random encounters, starting with Dragon Quest IX for the DS. I'm excited to see what Dragon Quest XII will look like as we enter a new console generation.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
How about a localized Dragon Quest X in the meantime?? Pretty please?? :(

m3orOEg.jpg

I was drooling over copies of the game when I was in Japan 3 years ago, and we still haven't gotten it (doubt we ever will honestly). I was street passing with so many people who were even getting to play it on their friggin 3DS.

I wasn't expecting anything soon anyway. That's fine by me, they should take their time and make the best DQ game possible. That approach worked great for XI

Top Bottom