• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu Suzuki launches NFT on OASYX

spinfive

Banned
via https://www.newsfilecorp.com/releas...on-with-Creator-of-Virtua-Fighter-and-Shenmue
Suzuki will oversee the overall theme and art direction of OASYX's first NFT series, alongside GODTAIL, a multi-talented Japanese digital artist behind various anime-themed artworks and designs. The first series involves the distribution of 10,000 original characters in a free-to-own format that will serve as a base for future metaverse avatars. In subsequent series, OASYX intends to introduce a wider range of NFTs with supplementary use cases, including new characters, fashion items, and in-game gadgets.

OASYX's NFT offers comprehensive utility to its holders, granting access to Oasys' expansive ecosystem. This will also include future collaborations with notable game projects as they join Oasys.

Daiki Moriyama, Director, Oasys, said: "As the Oasys ecosystem grows from strength to strength, we're excited to debut the blockchain's first-ever NFT project, centred on collaborations with a legendary game developer in Yu Suzuki. We look forward to bringing on more exceptional icons in our industry as we pave the way forward for the mainstream adoption of NFTs and blockchain gaming, with OASYX serving as an important catalyst."

Yu Suzuki added: "As the first NFT project on the Oasys chain, in which SEGA, Bandai Namco, Square Enix and other leading game developers are participating, we expect OASYX to provide a runway for the success of NFTs in the near future. We also believe that the management of world building in its nascent stages has meaningful value for both myself and this industry, and OASYX is primed to be a major initiative in finding original value in digital data."

The launch of OASYX caps off a remarkable year for Oasys, whose key milestones include the completion of a public token sale, a strategic funding round as well as a USD20 million private token sale. Oasys is also in the final stage of its Mainnet launch, first announced in October 2022.

About OASYX

OASYX is an NFT project for gamers developed on the Oasys blockchain and published by doublejump.tokyo. Each series of NFTs on OASYX will work with a legendary game creator as a supervisor, granting comprehensive utility within the Oasys ecosystem, and will include further collaborations with renowned gaming companies as they get onboarded on Oasys.

Suzuki will oversee the overall theme and art direction of OASYX's first NFT series, alongside GODTAIL, a multi-talented Japanese digital artist behind various anime-themed artworks and designs. The first series involves the distribution of 10,000 characters in a free-to-own format that will serve as a base for future Metaverse avatars. In subsequent series, OASYX intends to introduce a wider range of NFTs with supplementary use cases, including new characters, fashion items, and in-game gadgets.

Sad to see. I don't think this will go very far in the end

Pejo

My goodwill for this man is completely lost after Shenmue 3. Hearing him fall prey to NFT scams just kinda fits after that, unfortunately.

He had a real shot to end or at least progress his flagship series, and he squandered it. What a waste.

GIF by haydiroket (Mert Keskin)

& I thought Yu couldn't fall any further after Shenmue 3.

It's a shame, dude use to make nothing but bangers.

Actually he made a lot of mediocre graphical benchmarks, but he did put out some solid titles in the past, but I believe ironically Shenmue 1 is what went to his head because he started falling apart during late stage development of that game and after its release.

Shenmue 3 proves that the wait may not have been worth it. Although I know some fans will defend the game hard and to be excited for Shenmue 4.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Gamers after 2010:

"OH MY GOD, NAKA, SUZUKI LEFT SEGA. SEGA IS DEAD".

Yuji Naka = Balan Wonder Land 🥀🥀🥀

Yu Suzuki = Shenmue 3... 🥀

Sega = Sonic Frontiers (far from perfect but pretty decent), Lost Judgment.

Cannot say i love all Sega's recent decisions, (they could bring NFT as well, ouch)
but hard to say veterans are a doing a better job than Sega itself.

The recent narrative arguing"modern Sega is the only bad guy" has to stop...

Sega isn't the one releasing Balan or Shenmue 3... 😅

Last edited:
Top Bottom