• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtubers GamePass Shilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raekwon26

cady heron nod GIF

You know, I've noticed this shilling.

I find it kind of funny.

I will say this, it seems to me to be an American thing. I've noticed that content creators and "influencers" seem to be of a similar background.

(Not casting aspersions on Americans, just noticing)

MrS

Banned
Game Pass is excellent for me since all I care about is day one games. I had/have the following -

01. Gears Tactics
02. The Ascent
03. Halo Infinite
04. Forza Horizon 5
05. A Plague Tale Requiem
06. Avowed
07. Contraband
08. Fable
09. Hellblade II: Senua's Saga
10. Indiana Jones
11. Perfect Dark
12. Redfall
13. Stalker 2
14. Starfield
15. State of Decay 3
16. The Elder Scrolls VI
17. The Outer Worlds 2

Since each game will be a $10 monthly rental, im saving $820 overall thus far and we're only eight months into the generation and less than half of what Microsoft's first party studios are working on have been announced. Oh man. I'm going to be saving a shit ton of cash. Yay me!!!

This generation will be the best yet for me!!! So yeah, for me, Game Pass is excellent.
This post is hilarious. Two thirds of those games aren't gonna be out for years. What are you paying for RIGHT NOW? What have you played this year on GP that you would call a quality release?

Last edited:

Kdad

You. How did you come across that channel? It's not popular enough to have it recommended to you for no reason.
To be fair, i recognize the logo of that channel from the BlueBox thread. Also to be fair, I didn't click on the channel because that vast majority of youtube game content is made by lunchboxes.

fatmarco

I swear Sony fans create more threads about Gamepass than actual Gamepass users.

The amount of games that I'd never have ever played without Gamepass is what makes the service do valuable to me, plus the times where a game I was planning to buy later down the track got added. Its just a fun thing to have a constant flow of games to try, so why do you care if people enjoy that?

Game Pass is excellent for me since all I care about is day one games. I had/have the following -

01. Gears Tactics
02. The Ascent
03. Halo Infinite
04. Forza Horizon 5
05. A Plague Tale Requiem
06. Avowed
07. Contraband
08. Fable
09. Hellblade II: Senua's Saga
10. Indiana Jones
11. Perfect Dark
12. Redfall
13. Stalker 2
14. Starfield
15. State of Decay 3
16. The Elder Scrolls VI
17. The Outer Worlds 2

Since each game will be a $10 monthly rental, im saving $820 overall thus far and we're only eight months into the generation and less than half of what Microsoft's first party studios are working on have been announced. Oh man. I'm going to be saving a shit ton of cash. Yay me!!!

This generation will be the best yet for me!!! So yeah, for me, Game Pass is excellent.

You're actually looking at $600+ dollars or more until ES6 probably comes out, maybe $700 or more. All with the added benefit of not owning any of those games. It's really a matter of personal taste, I prefer physical media.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You. How did you come across that channel? It's not popular enough to have it recommended to you for no reason.
Was easy. Searched for youtube PlayStation fanboy and found this guy.

Just like op must have done with gamepass since he found it and got hurt.

The problem I had with ps now was I couldn't use my old saves or dlc for PS3. Have they fixed that? Also the crossover with psplus and gamepass but I could see myself buying a month when something particular comes up.

DaGwaphics

If “the market” thinks that Gamepass is better, why are PS5’s outselling XSes? I think it is far too early to make definitive statements on this, especially considering the deep discounts most GP subs are probably based on.

Looks like you got sidetracked a bit. We were discussing the subscription services (PSNow VS. GP), not the hardware they run on.

Phase

Every time one of these threads is made I roll my eyes, but I will say they consistently provide laughs. Thanks, GAF.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
This post is hilarious. Two thirds of those games aren't gonna be out for years. What are you paying for RIGHT NOW? What have you played this year on GP that you would call a quality release?
At E3 MS dropped an additional 10 Bethesda games onto GP that day...
Tsip5bZ.jpg

Then announced some of the lineup for the rest of the year...
2Ggmrd3.jpg

---
Personallly, I've been playing MLB The Show 21, FS2020, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, D&D Dark Alliance, DOOM Eternal, and Sea of Thieves: A Pirate's Life. A bit before that I playing SW Squadrons VR, Tetris Connected VR, FS2020 VR, and No Man's Sky VR using GP PC and Quest 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom