• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtube Demonetizes The Act Man's Entire Channel Over Petty Reasons

No idea about the racism angle but I assume it's hyperbole about videos like this that he just believes because someone on twitter told him its true.

Despite all the good Act Man has done in addressing Quantum and other YouTube drama, its videos like this that got him banned. I bet you anything that Quantum, and his obsequious fanbase (that remain anyway), dug through all his old social media stuff to then bring to the attention of YouTube like good little sycophants.

Despite all the good Act Man has done in addressing Quantum and other YouTube drama, its videos like this that got him banned. I bet you anything that Quantum, and his obsequious fanbase (that remain anyway), dug through all his old social media stuff to then bring to the attention of YouTube like good little sycophants.
You know what's funny? They don't even need that.

I kept TRYING to get YouTube to tell me which videos I made caused my demonetization, and they can never give me an answer. They probably don't even have any actual dirt on me worth a demonetization, which is why they went with "Reused Content" like with some other YouTuber posters in this thread. You can bet they wanted to get rid of Act Man for a long time and they would have just resorted to that if they ultimately couldn't find any social media cancel culture weapon to use.

You know what's funny? They don't even need that.

I kept TRYING to get YouTube to tell me which videos I made caused my demonetization, and they can never give me an answer. They probably don't even have any actual dirt on me worth a demonetization, which is why they went with "Reused Content" like with some other YouTuber posters in this thread. You can bet they wanted to get rid of Act Man for a long time and they would have just resorted to that if they ultimately couldn't find any social media cancel culture weapon to use.
It's also possible that the decision just simply came down to one dude that didn't care enough to look through everything properly. He just said fuck it. After all, Act Man is just another content creator in a sea of millions of other content creators so who cares. It could be completely conspiratorial or just a case of one dude with the power to demonetize that truly doesn't care either way.

Keihart

Well this popped up on my timeline for some reason, I assume because I follow gaming/Xbox on twitter, who knows or even cares.

But the guy clearly brought it upon himself, what an idiot, satire or not, say stupid shit, win stupid prizes.

So he actually threatened to dox youtube employees and then said, it's just a prank bro?
well, mistery solved i guess.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
So he actually threatened to dox youtube employees and then said, it's just a prank bro?
well, mistery solved i guess.

The guy is a genuine idiot, if he thought tweeting this wouldn't backfire.

He did a few of these stupid tweets trying to be funny.

& Now he has been de-monetised, he is certainly burning all bridges with YouTube with more dumb childish tweets for attention and showing everyone what a clown he is, honestly I can't imagine anyone will want to work with him after this. (Mega unprofessional)

But his young impressionable fans will probably think he has been wronged.

Lokaum D+

gus sorola omg GIF by Rooster Teeth

Banjo64

cumsessed
Okay, I'm getting fed up with comments like this.
You're literally using Twitter-level internet cancel culture bullcrap to justify a megacorp's rampant and flagrant abuse of it's creators and what is effectively the theft of their money.
At this point, "racist joke" is such a broad and sweeping generic accusation that hardly even means anything in the internet lexicon (I've literally seen it being used against people criticizing China's stance on Taiwan, for example), so how the hell am I supposed to read that and go "yeah he deserved it"?
If you want to convince me of that, give me at least something tasteless and amoral on the level of the Logan Paul suicide forest incident, for crying out loud. "I don't find him funny" doesn't cut it, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't find him funny.
I suspect trip is a reeeefugee

Act Man would still be on YouTube if he would’ve left it alone, don’t let other peoples opinion affect your income.
Yup ^
What a moron.

He'll probably get monetized again, but those were some idiotic ass tweets. What kind of fucking idiot posts "joke" threats to the company that pays their bills lol
Act man is just out of pocket here and his fans still try to defend him because he is a good content creator.

The things I have seen Act man post on twitter months ago made me unfollow him and stop watching his videos so I wasn't surprised to see everything catch up to him.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Such a scary timeline and most are oblivious to it's longterm effects

Or are my posts to conspiracal @EviLore ??
None of this shit even existed a few years ago lol

YouTube provides a massive opportunity for people and people are getting rich off of it... but it's all at the behest of advertisers.

People who depend on social media for their job are a tiny portion of our economy and the vast majority of them manage to keep those jobs. I mean at this point for video content you've got YouTube/Facebook and Twitch as well, it's not even a monopoly anymore.

The only people who should be "Scared" are content creators.. welcome to humanity.. all of us have some fear of losing our jobs, it's why we don't act like complete fucking morons to our employers.

Last edited:

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
To be fair, Act Man's obsequious little sycophants (and Act Man himself) tried to do the same, they just weren't successful.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
None of this shit even existed a few years ago lol

YouTube provides a massive opportunity for people and people are getting rich off of it... but it's all at the behest of advertisers.

People who depend on social media for their job are a tiny portion of our economy and the vast majority of them manage to keep those jobs. I mean at this point for video content you've got YouTube/Facebook and Twitch as well, it's not even a monopoly anymore.

The only people who should be "Scared" are content creators.. welcome to humanity.. all of us have some fear of losing our jobs, it's why we don't act like complete fucking morons to our employers.

Indeed.

Playing Halo atm respond later mate

Gtafans93

Honestly Act man came off as a whiny entitled cunt at times. But then again how many youtubers are stiill going that still act like that?

kevm3

Actman didn't get banned for cucumbergate like posted in original post in this thread. he got posted for his doxing of youtube employees post. Those youtube employees didn't find it as satire and demonetized him.

Actman also said he's going to shoot on sight if he sees Quantum, which can be taken different ways given context. If Quantum threatened to show up, then sure, self defense. But that doesn't excuse 'act bros' talking about shooting Quantum as well.

Man how I hate people that "lol we already lost, QUICK LET'S ALL OPEN WIDE OUR BUTTHOLES!".

Perdentismo.
It the truth all of the big youtubers won't move they make hundreds of thousands and some even million a year from it
why would they give that up for lol

rofif

Banned
Actman didn't get banned for cucumbergate like posted in original post in this thread. he got posted for his doxing of youtube employees post. Those youtube employees didn't find it as satire and demonetized him.

Actman also said he's going to shoot on sight if he sees Quantum, which can be taken different ways given context. If Quantum threatened to show up, then sure, self defense. But that doesn't excuse 'act bros' talking about shooting Quantum as well.

He was just satirically repeating what qtv said/did.
The difference is that qtv did not joke and he really doxed him... and actman just frustratedly joked around.
It's like you would say "oh so what, we are all going around killing people now ?" and get banned for that

Act Man has done some questionable shit and so has Quantum. Quantum is now back out here acting like he wasn't the one shit stirring the pot to being with. YouTube is so stupid it hurts. If Act Man is banned than so should Quantum. Period. Quantum, being a religious bigoted nutcase, makes outrageous claims against other YouTubers for no other reason than satiating his own ego. YouTube then bans Quantum. Quantum (or his fans) point out hypocrisy in Act Mans own past videos on YouTube along with other social media stuff. Act Man then gets banned and this guy gets unbanned? What? Hilarious.

kevm3

They both were likely stirring things up, but in this thread, we largely get this narrative that mean ol' youtube just demonetized small channel white knight Actman for no real reason. Youtube reviewed the evidence presented by both sides and sided with Quantum and doesn't feel like he deserves to get banned and Act Man flipped out over it and decided to continue to press the issue and got himself demonetized and eventually banned. Quantum didn't make the mistake of saying he was going to dox youtube employees, satire or not. That's what got Act Man caught up. If Quantum did something similar, he'd likely get demonetized as well. And if Quantum kept pressing youtube over something they already ruled on, he likely would have gotten similar treatment.

In terms of the doxxing stuff, let Act man get the police involved and let them due their due diligence and let that play out in the legal system. All we have now is hearsay and a lot of people are siding with one person or the other depending on who they like more.

As of now, it seems like these Elden Ring fanatics are flipping out because he didn't worship their precious gem of a game. Most likely the people he was hitting with copyright strikes were extracting clips from his video and responding, and he used the copyright system to get their video removed. Is it a lame thing to do? Sure, but if he doesn't want people using his clips in their videos, then that's his prerogative.

If they don't like his views on Elden Ring, don't go to his channel. Ignore him. It's just really strange to me how people are so caught up in a game that they need to police other's opinions about that game and in the process, they are doing the opposite of what they really want to happen because they are actually driving attention to Quantum's channel.

They both were likely stirring things up, but in this thread, we largely get this narrative that mean ol' youtube just demonetized small channel white knight Actman for no real reason. Youtube reviewed the evidence presented by both sides and sided with Quantum and doesn't feel like he deserves to get banned and Act Man flipped out over it and decided to continue to press the issue and got himself demonetized and eventually banned. Quantum didn't make the mistake of saying he was going to dox youtube employees, satire or not. That's what got Act Man caught up. If Quantum did something similar, he'd likely get demonetized as well. And if Quantum kept pressing youtube over something they already ruled on, he likely would have gotten similar treatment.

In terms of the doxxing stuff, let Act man get the police involved and let them due their due diligence and let that play out in the legal system. All we have now is hearsay and a lot of people are siding with one person or the other depending on who they like more.

As of now, it seems like these Elden Ring fanatics are flipping out because he didn't worship their precious gem of a game. Most likely the people he was hitting with copyright strikes were extracting clips from his video and responding, and he used the copyright system to get their video removed. Is it a lame thing to do? Sure, but if he doesn't want people using his clips in their videos, then that's his prerogative.

If they don't like his views on Elden Ring, don't go to his channel. Ignore him. It's just really strange to me how people are so caught up in a game that they need to police other's opinions about that game and in the process, they are doing the opposite of what they really want to happen because they are actually driving attention to Quantum's channel.
The reason people tried to get Quantum's channel banned was not due to Elden Ring. He was merely discovered for his Elden Ring video. His take on it was shit but more importantly it highlighted exactly how he treats people that exist outside his worldview. Dumb. Pathetic. Wrong.

People then began digging through the rest of his YouTube videos, as well as his overall social media presence, and it turns out he's a piece of shit. Outside of his overall social media presence, the guy has made attack videos on other AV YouTubers for no other reason than himself being a narcissistic religious nutcase. Everything about his persona of being a "master calibrator" is entirely made up. He literally spent his time making ad hominem and straw man attack videos to boost his channels awareness. What an asshole and what a disappointment on YouTube's decision making. Rules are rules but when things are in a grey area they need to be brought up with multiple people within YouTube.

TLZ

Banned
People who say "oh too bad now they have to go get a real job" is just sad old boomers, angry because they've made bad life decisions and can't play video games all day, make videos about it and earn money. Or jealousy.
Uh, no thanks. I play games for recreation. And I work in something that's meaningful in life.

sol_bad

Is doxing even illegal? If Acts Man's mums personal details are available publicly, how can it be illegal?
I'd imagine it's only "illegal" if some forms of hacking was used to find personal information?

Methos#1975

Is doxing even illegal? If Acts Man's mums personal details are available publicly, how can it be illegal?
I'd imagine it's only "illegal" if some forms of hacking was used to find personal information?
Doxing in itself isn't, but using the information gained to harass or intimidate is and a case can be made that QTV did try to engage in intimidation. So it's possible if pushed QTV could in theory face criminal charges,

Meicyn

Gold Member
The reason people tried to get Quantum's channel banned was not due to Elden Ring. He was merely discovered for his Elden Ring video. His take on it was shit but more importantly it highlighted exactly how he treats people that exist outside his worldview. Dumb. Pathetic. Wrong.

People then began digging through the rest of his YouTube videos, as well as his overall social media presence, and it turns out he's a piece of shit. Outside of his overall social media presence, the guy has made attack videos on other AV YouTubers for no other reason than himself being a narcissistic religious nutcase. Everything about his persona of being a "master calibrator" is entirely made up. He literally spent his time making ad hominem and straw man attack videos to boost his channels awareness. What an asshole and what a disappointment on YouTube's decision making. Rules are rules but when things are in a grey area they need to be brought up with multiple people within YouTube.
It’s more than that. Being an asshole isn’t the root issue. It’s Quantum TV abusing the copyright strike system to shut down dissent. Anyone making any kind of video that would say anything negative about Quantum TV would get their video flagged for copyright strike, which is effectively the nuclear option on that platform because repeat or severe violations can result in suspension, demonetization, or outright deletion of a channel.

Meanwhile, there is no negative action taken against Quantum TV for abusing this. That is a problem. If you’re some nobody with a small channel trying to make something for yourself and you are unfamiliar with Fair Use laws, getting a copyright strike can seem frightening. In some cases it may make a creator choose to not make videos anymore.

Methos#1975

Quantum TV has been a cancer for years now and besides being bigot and issuing for intolerant nonsense that should of seen him banned years ago, he is also a crybaby that attacks anyone that is critical of him or just simply post information counter to him. Look at his nonsense trying to paint HDTVtest as satanic blood drinkers that want everyone gay. Guy has been known as a nut job for years in the home theater world. Hopefully this issue ends with him permanently gone from YouTube

Portugeezer

& Now he has been de-monetised, he is certainly burning all bridges with YouTube with more dumb childish tweets for attention and showing everyone what a clown he is, honestly I can't imagine anyone will want to work with him after this. (Mega unprofessional)

The tweet is obviously not serious, but he is a cunt for not telling people that it could have been the reason for getting demonetized (he knew it was bad enough to delete it), as opposed to this Quantum bullshit.

Labolas

Damn I didn't see the thread for this. Yeah hopefully he'll get his channel remonetized. Quantum Tv seems like a fucking scumbag and is unable to take criticism.
That seems to be the standard answer to anything these days... so frikkin' tired of hearing it.
Yeah, it seems some people only care about this sort of thing if it hits close to home.

BigBooper

Umm hmm always more to the story. If YouTube didn't act on that, they'd be at risk of lawsuits from employees.

Batiman

Banned
Guy sounds like a loser. Calling your buddy gay because he didn’t finish his beer? Is he 13 or something? Also threatening the people that pay your bills is not very smart

It’s more than that. Being an asshole isn’t the root issue. It’s Quantum TV abusing the copyright strike system to shut down dissent. Anyone making any kind of video that would say anything negative about Quantum TV would get their video flagged for copyright strike, which is effectively the nuclear option on that platform because repeat or severe violations can result in suspension, demonetization, or outright deletion of a channel.

Meanwhile, there is no negative action taken against Quantum TV for abusing this. That is a problem. If you’re some nobody with a small channel trying to make something for yourself and you are unfamiliar with Fair Use laws, getting a copyright strike can seem frightening. In some cases it may make a creator choose to not make videos anymore.
I would agree. Abuse of copywrite is the biggest sticking issue here. Lets not forget that through his videos he was also breaking code of conduct rules of YouTube. A bit more of a grey area for sure, but a human at YouTube should have looked through some of his videos and come to that conclusion as well.

What is that part of you called? Jealousy?
xD
I miss the days when forums like NeoGAF weren't full of people who unironically glorify megacorporate greed and posts like this would get the old-time equivalent of the "Ratio'd" treatment.
Dude you're reading way too much into this
Part of me just thought it'd be amusing to see collective meltdown of people who rely way too much on fringe megacorporate policies, it was just a random thought, it's not like i'm fucking advocating for it or as you said "unironically glorify megacorporate greed" lmao

xD

Dude you're reading way too much into this
Part of me just thought it'd be amusing to see collective meltdown of people who rely way too much on fringe megacorporate policies, it was just a random thought, it's not like i'm fucking advocating for it or as you said "unironically glorify megacorporate greed" lmao
"I'm only PRETENDING to be retarded because I'm a fucking sadistic asshole"

Yeah GTFO.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It would be amusing. After all being a content creator or streamer offers people a way to work without having to work as in go out into the world and deal with people IRL.

Asmongold for example used to work at Sam's Club and was motivated to do what he does and I think to an effect what other people want to do is work at your own pace, have your own hours, do what makes you happy and to be your own boss instead of having someone dictate what you do forever at the expense of your physical and mental health where each and every day is all work and no life.

I do very much believe if jobs similar to streaming and Work from Home jobs were completely abolished then there would be a collective meltdown.

The rising costs of living are ridiculous when wages and income are staying the same. What people could buy and own in the 90s and early 2000's is not what you can afford and own as of right now.

Less people are moving out and people are living with their parents longer as it just isn't sustainable to be on your own on low wages.

And to the people that want to say others are jealous of their success? Fuck yeah we are jealous. Envious that to us people get to sit on their ass while other people have to get up go to some place and do physical labor every day. Because that's how it appears to us from face value when there is a whole lot of crap going on with how streaming actually works, the social skills you require and all the networking it takes to make it work. It's not easy stuff. You really need the charisma and the brain to do all that stuff.

Just figure what's more appealing? Moving boxes/flipping burgers/filling out spreadsheets or talking about your views or video games that you enjoy?

Seems pretty easy to me what I would prefer.

"I'm only PRETENDING to be retarded because I'm a fucking sadistic asshole"

Yeah GTFO.
Seek help you absolute retarded twat, you're absolute insane if you're this angry over my comment jesus christ
It would be amusing. After all being a content creator or streamer offers people a way to work without having to work as in go out into the world and deal with people IRL.

Asmongold for example used to work at Sam's Club and was motivated to do what he does and I think to an effect what other people want to do is work at your own pace, have your own hours, do what makes you happy and to be your own boss instead of having someone dictate what you do forever at the expense of your physical and mental health where each and every day is all work and no life.

I do very much believe if jobs similar to streaming and Work from Home jobs were completely abolished then there would be a collective meltdown.

The rising costs of living are ridiculous when wages and income are staying the same. What people could buy and own in the 90s and early 2000's is not what you can afford and own as of right now.

Less people are moving out and people are living with their parents longer as it just isn't sustainable to be on your own on low wages.

And to the people that want to say others are jealous of their success? Fuck yeah we are jealous. Envious that to us people get to sit on their ass while other people have to get up go to some place and do physical labor every day. Because that's how it appears to us from face value when there is a whole lot of crap going on with how streaming actually works, the social skills you require and all the networking it takes to make it work. It's not easy stuff. You really need the charisma and the brain to do all that stuff.

Just figure what's more appealing? Moving boxes/flipping burgers/filling out spreadsheets or talking about your views or video games that you enjoy?

Seems pretty easy to me what I would prefer.
Don't know how much my comment warranted this paragraph of yours but I agree with you.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Don't know how much my comment warranted this paragraph of yours but I agree with you.
More in response to comments in opposition to yours since I agree with your comment. And the negativity you are getting is from these posters kneejerking reactions. But I felt that it should be elaborated on with the context you provided.

That's all.

End of the day with what work you do you just have to do your best. That's all anyone can really ask. ^_^

kirby007

So what I understand is this calling another content creators mummy is fine, getting no followup on that is fine?
A tweet saying you plan on doing the same in response is not?
LMAO

meernakh

So what I understand is this calling another content creators mummy is fine, getting no followup on that is fine?
A tweet saying you plan on doing the same in response is not?
LMAO
Act man sais his family was doxed, but didnt his mom just receive one call from the guy himself? Is that even doxing?

In return he did publicly state (in satire) that he would dox youtube employees, which is leaking personel info online to a mob.

Are those things the same? Genuine question, i havent followed the whole thing

kirby007

Act man sais his family was doxed, but didnt his mom just receive one call from the guy himself? Is that even doxing?

In return he did publicly state (in satire) that he would dox youtube employees, which is leaking personel info online to a mob.

Are those things the same? Genuine question, i havent followed the whole thing
he talked to his mom without any invitation? i would tweet worse in response

Top Bottom