• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtube bans all anti-vaxx content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Everyone knows the difference. Its just that some are being disingenuous and dramatic.
I don’t like it because I pay for YouTube premium and I don’t put up with bullshit censorship either from governments or their lackeys called corporations. We all know that Biden is openly “partnering” w social media giants to control information.

This WILL dig people’s heels in and make them not want the vaccine even more. There is no positive gain because I will continue to ignore all information on YouTube concerning the vaccine which now has no discerning or dissenting scientific opinions whatsoever. It’s the same treatment I give all cable news networks.

The same people that are in favor of this kind of bullying would have danced on the grave of Tesla because his tower was an eyesore to the community and “Edison was right”.

belmarduk

I don’t like it because I pay for YouTube premium and I don’t put up with bullshit censorship either from governments or their lackeys called corporations. We all know that Biden is openly “partnering” w social media giants to control information.

This WILL dig people’s heels in and make them not want the vaccine even more. There is no positive gain because I will continue to ignore all information on YouTube concerning the vaccine which now has no discerning or dissenting scientific opinions whatsoever. It’s the same treatment I give all cable news networks.

The same people that are in favor of this kind of bullying would have danced on the grave of Tesla because his tower was an eyesore to the community and “Edison was right”.

That sounds pretty paranoid, my dude. Clearly, you put your tinfoil hat on too tightly.

I believe in God. Therefore atheism is misinformation because it teaches there is no evidence of God’s existence.

Can we ban all atheists from YouTube now?

I dunno. I'm not necessarily saying I'm for (or against) this. I'm just saying this is a fine line to walk with a slippery slope to potentially go down. And it's a fine line that's controlled by people with all the variabilities and flaws that make up humanity.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Vaccinated people are only at risk to themselves. So who the fuck cares if they get sick or not? Children are at virtually no risk of dying from it so again who else is left that’s still involuntarily at risk??
That is complete nonsense. Unvaccinated people are not only affecting themselves. It's already been shown several times in the Covid thread how the unvaccinated are directly affecting and in some ways harming other people both physically and financially.

The unnecessary burden that they are putting hospitals alone is proof of that.

Problem is, if these people were censored to begin with, we wouldn't have as many idiots running around delivering false information.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
we were able to do this, but since people get offended by every opinion which is not their own, it changed.

console wars used to be way more vicious 10 or 20 years ago.
Nah, they really weren’t. Now people regularly go after each other IRL since so much more personal info is available, and people treat their opinions on video games as part of righteous life and death political movements.

Lupingosei

Banned
That is complete nonsense. Unvaccinated people are not only affecting themselves. It's already been shown several times in the Covid thread how the unvaccinated are directly affecting and in some ways harming other people both physically and financially.

78% of covid deaths were obese, other countries had way fewer deaths per capita than the US because of that. So every obese person also puts pressure on the health system during a pandemic.

How are they different?

Hulk_Smash

Banned

What’s the matter? Big Pharma not sharing all the billions they made off the vaccines with the hospitals?

This whole hospitals are filling up nonsense has to stop. The delta variant lasted a shorter amount of time with less people dying from it and our treatments of COVID have improved. Numbers all over the USA are already dropping.

There’s lots to the “hospitals filling up” narrative that needs to be unpacked. But this thread will be locked before we have chance to unpack them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We are in a world where NZ and AUS exists right now in real time. They should have had tighter tinfoils, me thinks.

Last edited:
You're showing your ignorance here. These huge tech companies aren't some little mom and pop shop, they have crazy amounts of power, no competition and if competition shows up they just buy or kill them.

I wonder what will be banned next.

Damn I wonder who gives them that power? Oh...

I mean if everybody was on the same page, we probably stop using Google search and YouTube.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
1984 GIF

This has been going on from the get go

Last edited:
Nah, they really weren’t. Now people regularly go after each other IRL since so much more personal info is available, and people treat their opinions on video games as part of righteous life and death political movements.
I would have to agree. As the youth start getting online, they are already exposed to not only their vulgar, loud mouth parents whose opinions are already poisoned, they get to hear, read it, retweet and repeat it to and from their peers in the echo chambers of social media, discord and gaming chats. We live in a vicious and cancerous society at this point that will eventually succumb to self-destruction at a more rapid of a pace than ever before. The vocal and sometimes violent minority is sadly growing and so many people are losing their composure.

McCheese

So you get banned for going against science? wow - all those YouTubers who make videos teaching about all 256 different genders must be really worried right now...

For all I know, or care, all of this false information is just counter-ops from foreign antagonist states to destabilize the USA or the West (by extension).
So far it has worked.
Well it has been proven that alot of anti Vax shit has been coming from Russia etc, which is hilarious considering how the right hates China etc; yet eats up their anti Vax and anti covid denying conspiracies. The reason Russia and China spread this nonsense is simply to destabilise the west and the gullible idiots fall for it everytime.

On another note was lurking here when politics section was a thing and I'm seeing the same posters getting upset about the OP with the same kind of garbage they'd post in politics.

Fbh

Hmmm.
On the one hand even though I don't like this I do think it's their platform and they should be able to decide what content they want on it.
At the same time though I do think the concept of "our platform our choice" while simultaneously also being like "everything on the videos in our platform is exclusive responsibility of the people who post it and it has nothing to do with us and we aren't liable in any way" is a slippery slope.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
This is good news tho right?

I mean I'm not a smart man so I rely on corporations to filter the information I have access to so I can live a easy life without questioning anything and lead a ignorant robotic manipulated life that will serve the agenda. I'm sure they have my interests and OUR interest as a human species at heart; take a look at our collective world nowadays! Isn't it just fucking peachy!!!!

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This is good news tho right?

I mean I'm not a smart man so I rely on corporations to filter the information I have access to so I can live a easy life without questioning anything and lead a ignorant robotic manipulated life that will serve the agenda.
The problem is not that people are educated. They are. It's that they are educated just enough to repeat what they are taught but not question what they are taught. Of course it is all relative, depending on the agenda at play. Sometimes both happening at the same time, but the cognitive dissonance doesn't waver in all.

NickFire

Well it has been proven that alot of anti Vax shit has been coming from Russia etc, which is hilarious considering how the right hates China etc; yet eats up their anti Vax and anti covid denying conspiracies. The reason Russia and China spread this nonsense is simply to destabilise the west and the gullible idiots fall for it everytime.

On another note was lurking here when politics section was a thing and I'm seeing the same posters getting upset about the OP with the same kind of garbage they'd post in politics.
Attributing the anti-vax people to one side of the political spectrum or the other is absolute garbage.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The problem is not that people are educated. They are. It's that they are educated just enough to repeat what they are taught but not question what they are taught. Of course it is all relative, depending on the agenda at play. Sometimes both happening at the same time, but the cognitive dissonance doesn't waver in all.

If Education in our current form is an aspect meant to operate within this very false construct it's no wonder there's no blowback seeing it's *needed* to survive within said construct

It's our current social/economic/everything construct that's at fault

And seeing those are core concepts into which we are born in.. who would try to go against it

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

...but disinformation based on lies and such is a no-go.
If this were the standard by which all social media platforms and media outlets were held to I'd be fine with it but it's not which is where the issue is. "Some" disinformation is okay when the people in charge of said platform deem it to be is a slippery slope that is gonna lead to a terrible place.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It worked in the past so...
You are just being dramatic. Your tinfoil hat is on too tight. You sound paranoid. Do you have a bunker with MREs (okay the food storage would be smart since supply chains are being disrupted as we speak and there are boats out in sea not allowed to dock)

*looks at the outright fascist state NZ and AUS have quickly descended into, they even have camps* *looks at NY and CA slowly emergency ordering similar policy*

Ignore the man behind the curtain, citizen.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
What’s the matter? Big Pharma not sharing all the billions they made off the vaccines with the hospitals?

This whole hospitals are filling up nonsense has to stop. The delta variant lasted a shorter amount of time with less people dying from it and our treatments of COVID have improved. Numbers all over the USA are already dropping.

There’s lots to the “hospitals filling up” narrative that needs to be unpacked. But this thread will be locked before we have chance to unpack them.
It's not a "narrative". It's a fact. Hospitals have been getting swamped for months. There is a new article every week about this hospital or that hospital reaching capacity and/or having very few ICU beds.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You are just being dramatic. Your tinfoil hat is on too tight. You sound paranoid. Do you have a bunker with MREs (okay the food storage would be smart since supply chains are being disrupted as we speak and there are boats out in sea not allowed to dock)

*looks at the outright fascist state NZ and AUS have quickly descended into, they even have camps* *looks at NY and CA slowly emergency ordering similar policy*

Ignore the man behind the curtain, citizen.

We have you and your family's best intentions at heart dear citizen. Don't you want safety? Best to ignore the rest if you're smart.. you have a family right?..

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
While I am definitely not anti-vax myself, I do unfortunately have several anti-vaccination people in my family...and it started long before the Covid-19 travesty.

I can understand to a point that it's "bad" to censor public content. Still, just imagine what would have happened if YouTube or Facebook had been around before Smallpox was widely vaccinated.

Misinformation has been the worst plague on mankind for a while now.

(Now if only they would ban unbelievably asinine videos such as those about "transvestigation" and especially anything pro FLAT EARTH.) 🌍

Last edited:

kingkaiser

Remember this OP when people ask about why off planet civilization don't bother contacting us.
Pretty sure Aliens would be far more disgusted by humans who deny effective medicine during a friggin pandemic. The level of stupidity must look off the charts for them.

Last edited:

QSD

Wow. I wasn't expecting this. A great move but it will likely make some people's heads explode.
This is just SO TYPICAL... talk about a "great move" but skim over the likelyhood of adverse ban events such as but not limited to EXPLODING HEADS. We know the M.O. by now.

joke post

gioGAF

There is no such thing as misinformation. What we are seeing here is a move from those that believe themselves to be above others stopping discussion of something they don't approve of. As another poster said "How is banning discussion of anything a great move?".

The bottom line is that your overlords believe you are an idiot and they, in their eternal wisdom, should curate what you are exposed to.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Pretty sure Aliens would be far more disgusted by humans who deny effective medicine during a friggin pandemic. The level of stupidity must look of the chatr for them.

Well said.

They would be more disgusted about the way our masters would use such a pandemic to manipulate their underlings

Pretty fucked up you're insinuating I'm against medication for a serious health issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom