• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Top 3 Street Fighter characters

NahaNago

The 94 movie had a corny charm to it...but man, the characters were so muted...maybe it was to early for its time and likely had a oow budget.
The corniness makes sense when you think about the characters. A live action could still work but they need to embrace the over the top nature of street fighter while at the same time try to make it look cool.

The corniness makes sense when you think about the characters. A live action could still work but they need to embrace the over the top nature of street fighter while at the same time try to make it look cool.
i actually like the game. i was playing it just the other day!! On the one hand it's just so bad but come on it had Raúl Juliá in it!

Celcius

°Temp. member
That I like to play as or that I like as characters?

Play as:
1. Ken
2. Remy
3. Urien

That are cool as characters:
1. Chun Li
2. Ibuki
3. Ryu or Akuma or Dudley... ok it's too hard to choose lol

1. Ryu and Ken
2. Sagat
3. Vega

These have been my favorite characters for awhile, since I haven't played any of the newer games. My go-to fighting games nowadays? DOA, MK, and SC.

Romulus

Anything but Ryu. He's like the blandest, generic default character of all time.

DYeXHkqW0AA7VnC.jpg

dr_octagon

Banned
These 3 characters accurately reflect the international world we live in

Ken = Mcdonald colour wearing showboat
Ryu = Generic karate man seriousness
Bison = Psychotic dictator, flies through the air to bring about a better world wearing a cool outfit.

Chun Li, Rainbow Mika, and Cammy.

oh and Juri and Sakura for a top 5.

Chun Li is a character i want to see in Smash cause she definitely deserves it.

Last edited:
Top three are definitely Ryu, Chun-li and Blanka, with a fourth spot going to Dalsim. That's the characters I played all the time and which defined my time playing Street Fighter 2 on arcade machines.

1. Cody
2. Alex
3. Dudley

And yes, Cody counts as a Street Fighter character. The Final Fight and Street Fighter series are closely intertwined, and maybe even in the same universe. (OG Final Fight was officially known as "Street Fighter '89" almost until it was released)

Garnox

Man, that's hard. I'm just gonna go with my mains from each entry. (Haven't played V)

SF 2 - Guile
SF 3 - Ken
SF 4 - Juri

Honorable mention - Dudley

Urien
Q/G
Makoto

Big SF3 fan if you can't tell.
As you should be. Not only do the games play well, look fantastic, and have awesome music... but they have an exceptionally awesome and memorable original cast of characters.

The best decision Capcom could make for Street Fighter III: New Generation was getting rid of the baggage of characters from Street Fighter II and the Alpha series. I don't mind that they left Ryu and Ken though, because Ken got the kick Super Art, and Ryu got the Shin Shoryuken -- that move is bonkers.

Actually, I'll honorable mention Ken as well.

Reason #1? Ken is awesome
Reason #2? As kids, when we played World Warrior on Super Nintendo, my brother always insisted on taking Player 1, and immediately picking Ryu. So I had no choice but to pick Ken. And I grew to like Ken as a character a lot, he's a consistent main for me across all Street Fighter games. (Same reason I grew to like Luigi as well, my brother would always take Player 1 and therefore, Mario. So I had no choice but to pick Luigi.)

K1Expwy

As you should be. Not only do the games play well, look fantastic, and have awesome music... but they have an exceptionally awesome and memorable original cast of characters.

The best decision Capcom could make for Street Fighter III: New Generation was getting rid of the baggage of characters from Street Fighter II and the Alpha series. I don't mind that they left Ryu and Ken though, because Ken got the kick Super Art, and Ryu got the Shin Shoryuken -- that move is bonkers.
III introduced 16 all-new characters iirc and new play styles. I preferred it when each mainline SF meant a different generation of competitors, with only a few returning characters.
But the public didn't respond (even pro players were slow to adopt it until years after the first game), and the series was dormant for 9 years

Top Bottom