• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Top 3 Street Fighter characters

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
If you're older than 30 like me, you'll no doubt remember the original 12 from Street Fighter II. But after 30 years of games, Street Fighter now has close to 90 characters in its total line-up. That includes all the EX characters that are owned by Arika. If you've played all the games that have come out since World Warrior on the SNES, and you had to choose ten of your favorites NOW, who would they be?

If you're just coming back into this series and need to catch up to get familiar with them all, I'd recommend downloading the 30th Anniversary Collection that just released, as well as Ultra SFIV, SFV: Arcade Edition, Fighting EX Layer (if you have a PS4), and if you can find it, any version of Final Fight.

Gonna start with mine:

3. Uriel

render___urien_character_select_by_bonejacker-dbd1ixg.thumb.png.a634ad9cead0dc544585472f94c8c03a.png

2. Sagat
807268918_ScreenShot2018-07-24at11_08_47PM.png.935ac326541827509c3daf6339a0aea6.pngsagat-sf4-original-select-artwork.thumb.jpg.3c9d5b4d3d86d0ef9ffbf20f3d61e288.jpg

1. Rolento
rolento-c2.thumb.jpg.6f7762dbb7aecef1b4eecb8b27480e75.jpg

greencoder

This thread (and similar) is why GAF needs more than 25 options in the polls. So people could just choose their favorites instead of making huge threads consisting of identical messages.

Last edited:
OP its Urien not Uriel.

My 3.

1.Rainbow Mika

2.Ibuki
latest

3.Alex

And I forgot one...the infamous Sheng Long from SF2!! Lol I saw an article the other day referencing this character. I remember pouring over the EGM issues trying to get this guy to appear. Those were the days.

yurinka

In no particular order Akuma, Alex, Sagat and Guile are my favorites, but it's hard to choose for me.

From SFIV I loved Abel, Juri and C.Viper, and from SFV Rashid, Zeku, Laura. I also loved Menat's design or Lucia and G's gameplay.

And I forgot one...the infamous Sheng Long from SF2!! Lol I saw an article the other day referencing this character. I remember pouring over the EGM issues trying to get this guy to appear. Those were the days.
Yep. For those who don't know, Sheng Long SF2 quote wasn't a reference to a character. It was a mistranslation of Shoryuken, Ryu's and Ken's move. Later in the Street Fighter lore appeared Ken's and Ryu's master, who was supposed to be killed by his brother Akuma but wasn't the case and came back as became a secret playable character in the Street Fighter IV series.

Last edited:

Old Retro

My first main was Blanka because I was frustrated I could never pull off Ryu's random Shoto moves from Street Fighter.

After I learned the technique of the down-down forward-forward (fireball) move, the rest fell into play. Then I began using Ryu and when SF CE was released, used Sagat mostly. Mains are still Sagat and Shotos.

Complicated-Controls-Hold-Back-the-Fighting-Genre.gif

NahaNago

Due to watching the anime it would have to be Ryu, Chun Li , and Akuma. I really wish they would make a new anime movie or series. These live action just don't quite do it quite right, well I did enjoy the van damme guile movie.

aclar00

Due to watching the anime it would have to be Ryu, Chun Li , and Akuma. I really wish they would make a new anime movie or series. These live action just don't quite do it quite right, well I did enjoy the van damme guile movie.

The 94 movie had a corny charm to it...but man, the characters were so muted...maybe it was to early for its time and likely had a oow budget.

Pejo

Oni - my favorite shoto character and just fun to play around with.
Gen - I think Alpha is still my favorite iteration of SF, and he was so fun to play even though I sucked at stance switching
Necalli - The only character I've actually enjoyed in SFV, and have a decent shot of winning with.

Design wise though I love Juri.

Top Bottom