• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your top 3 Star Wars games

1) KoToR 1 and 2 (cheating I know):
Just a couple of good WRPGs that really do the source material justice while being it’s own thing.

2) Force Unleashed:
I really like this game’s version of bridging the gap between episodes 3 and 4. The story was pretty good I thought and the attempt at making a character actiony Star Wars game was a decent one that was fun with it’s focus on ragdolling enemies and causing destruction. It could have had better, more varied gameplay but everything else was executed pretty well.

3) Jedi Fallen Order:
Honestly this is a game that doesn’t really get me excited premise/story wise like the other games on the list, but it’s a good solid 3D metroidvania-like adventure.

Honorable Mention:

Republic Commando

Last edited:
Star Wars games have this unique atmosphere, at least since 16bit era and I keep falling for it.

Here are my top 3 Star Wars games:

1. Dark Forces
316592218.jpg

2. Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
3a2a93e7e7a08b88f4a7f2228fb7a9f358f8d6872e16303a7c3f5cd935eb20ea_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

3. Battlefront (2015)
battlefront_leaked_alpha_tatooine_4.jpg
1) The Phantom Menace, ps1
2) Star Wars pod racer, gameboy color
3) Ex aequo, Battlefront 2 / Force unleashed / fallen order

sackings

Too hard to pick 3.
For flight sims my pick would be Tie Fighter, though X-Wing Alliance has better bones
Shooter / TPS Jedi Outcast
Lastly I'll just say the SNES trio of games, they are great.

Last edited:
1. Tie Fighter
Gaming perfection. Someone finally hacked the game so you can play it in proper full hd 60 fps now.
2. Jedi Outcast
With full dismemberment on this is like
a completely different game.
3. Episode 1 racer
Still one of the best racers out there.

Tommi84

Star Wars Episode 1: Racer (not showing a gameplay pic as early it was looking WAAAAY better at the time of the release and I donct understand what are these abominations shown as screenshots ;))
capsule_616x353.jpg

The Fallen Order - do I havae to say anything?

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
SW Squadrons

(Knights of the old Republic)

They're the only ones I've played.. I think

Ahh I'm forgetting Battlefront but whatever

Last edited:

Nem77

Neo Member
1. Star Wars Galaxies (Still play a bit of the emu every now and then)
2. Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight
3. X-Wing Alliance

PsyEd

Top 3 would be...based on what I played most

1. Star Wars Trilogy (Arcade - 1998)
Spent so much time and money on it

2. Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
The ONLY reason I got the gamecube...I still play it every now and then and kept my old sony CRT for it.

3. Star Wars Battlefront II (2017)
No matter who says what I love this game and MP mode never gets stale. Where else can I play as Vader and beat up the Jedi with my grandson ?

Hnjohngalt

1. Xwing
2. KOTOR
3. Star wars Rebellion. Yes this game.... yup 4x star wars.. murdering wookies with 20 star destroyers in space.. check it out

1. Star Wars The Force Unleashed 1 and 2
2. Star Wars Fallen Order
3. Star Wars Squadrons (In VR)

The Vader VR game was pretty dope also

Last edited:

Codes 208

1. Republic Commando
2. Battlefront 2 2005
3. Lego Star Wars

honorable mentions:
-the force unleashed
-battlefront 1 and 2 (post-overhaul)
-KotOR
-fallen order

Last edited:

Ozzie666

In terms of 3D generation, KOTOR was an amazing experience, Tie Fighter is also amazing. POD racer on N64 was shockingly surprisingly good. Jedi Fallen Order probably is the redemption game after a string of utter crap.

In terms of 2D, I love the old Star Wars platform games on SNES.

The in between Star Wars 32X.

I wish Lucasarts had done a Star Wars game in the vein of Fate of Atlantis or Monkey Island.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Star Wars video games have crossed many galaxies and console generations, so IGN Staff has compiled the list of the Top 10 Star Wars Video Games. Do you agree with this list or do you think we're a bunch of scruffy-headed nerf herders? Out picks for The Best Star Wars Games of All Time may be different than yours but we'd love to hear from you. Even if they're not the best, what are your favorite Star Wars games? There have to be a million different lists for Star Wars Top 10 video games, but we'd love to know your personal picks!

Handel

KOTOR 2
Battlefront 2 (2005)
Jedi Fallen Order

Hard to pick just three as different games specialize on different elements/genres that are important to Star Wars. Had to leave out a dedicated dog-fighting game but Battlefront 2 has space battles limited as they are. KOTOR 2 is just a more nuanced RPG experience than KOTOR 1, so while having issues from being rushed out, it's the superior game.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Have to say reading through the posts we have been spoiled with so many good games in the Star Wars universe

marjo

There are a lot of great ones I havent played yet (KOTOR for example). But out of what I have played

1. Tie Fighter
2. Dark Forces
3. Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight + Mysteries of the Sith expansion
This is close to the right answer, though I would swap 2 and 3.

Top Bottom