• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your top 3 Star Wars games

keraj37

Star Wars games have this unique atmosphere, at least since 16bit era and I keep falling for it.

Here are my top 3 Star Wars games:

1. Dark Forces
316592218.jpg

2. Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
3a2a93e7e7a08b88f4a7f2228fb7a9f358f8d6872e16303a7c3f5cd935eb20ea_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

3. Battlefront (2015)
battlefront_leaked_alpha_tatooine_4.jpg

Star Wars games have this unique atmosphere, at least since 16bit era and I keep falling for it.

Here are my top 3 Star Wars games:

1. Dark Forces

2. Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast

3. Battlefront (2015)
battlefront_leaked_alpha_tatooine_4.jpg

Wish they would put one of the Battlefront games on PlayStation Plus or downloadable instead of streaming on PlayStation now.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Can't not mention X-Wing and TIE Fighter. Can't not mention Rogue Squadron 3D. Can't not mention Jedi Knight II. May not mention Dark Forces. Too many for a top 3 I guess. Honorary mention Yoda Stories.

brian0057

Banned
  • Episode I: Jedi Powers Battle.
  • Knights of the Old Republic.
  • Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.
Honorable mentions:
  • The Force Unleashed.
  • X-Wing Alliance.
  • Battlefront (2004).
Some of the best Star Wars content ever made has been videogames.
And a few of them rank among the best games ever made, period.

Last edited:

Rogue Squadron GC (launch)

Kotor

Shadows of the empire (well it was fun filler aside from those damn hover bikes).

I bought an EA flight game on steam which seems okay, only played to level 2 but hoping to get some joy out of it when I get time.

The xbox 1 battlefront one was interesting.

Last edited:

keraj37

1. Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
  2. Knights of the Old Republic
  3. The Force Unleashed

Honorable Mentions
  • Jedi Fallen Order
  • Battlefront (2015)
I am playing now fallen order on PS5, and it is a good game, might even land somwhere in the top 5.
  • Episode I: Jedi Powers Battle.
  • Knights of the Old Republic.
  • Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.
Honorable mentions:
  • The Force Unleashed.
  • X-Wing Alliance.
  • Battlefront (2004).
Some of the best Star Wars content ever made has been videogames.
And a few of them rank among the best games ever made, period.
I didnt like JK:JA it was way less fun than previous JK:JO

brian0057

Banned
I am playing now fallen order on PS5, and it is a good game, might even land somwhere in the top 5.

I didnt like JK:JA it was way less fun than previous JK:JO
FYI: Jedi Outcast is the sequel. Academy came out first.
And I haven't played the former so I wouldn't know.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Really?
Why the hell is Outcast called Jedi Knight II then?
(honest question. Not rhetorical)
Because it's the second Jedi Knight game, third game in the Dark Forces series (even though the whole series lost the Dark Forces name with it and stuck with Jedi Knight since), Academy is the third Jedi Knight game, fourth game in the series.

Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith expansion
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

That's the order of release. I didn't like Academy as much as Outcast, it was more like an expansion and a bit misguided, but still it was nice to have more of that goodness and some of the scenarios were pretty fun, even if many not so much. Maybe there'd have been a real Jedi Knight III. Or not.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
Rogue Squadron(N64)
Rogue Leader(GC)
Shadows of the Empire (N64).

Admittedly I haven't played many Star Wars games. Just Pod Racer and the two new Battlefront games (I hate horde games).

Kokoloko85

Knights of the Old Republic…
Nothing comes close

I guess after that Jedi Academy 2/3

Either the star wars arcade game where you control the light sabre/ Battlefront, Snes Return of the Jedi or Phantom Menace on the PC

Dark Forces >>>>>>>>>Jedi Outcast >>>>> Jedi Knight

I haven't played a lot of significant entries because of the movies becoming terrible and my interest in the series fading...That first Dark Forces game really delighted me though

Neil Young

Kotor

Fallen order

The Old Republic MMO. This game is another in a long line of games that got too much shit. FANTASTIC prequel to KOTOR with great storytelling, voice acting, and ability to be evil as fuck. Good stand alone space combat. Great Revan story as well. Give it a shot, its free to play.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
There are a lot of great ones I havent played yet (KOTOR for example). But out of what I have played

1. Tie Fighter
2. Dark Forces
3. Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight + Mysteries of the Sith expansion

Zannegan

1. KotOR
2. Jedi Academy
3. Battlefront 2 (Pandemic, not DICE)

Great games all, and very different experiences. I always look forward to new Star Wars games; but I didn't like Force Unleashed games' gimmick, and I was so let down by DICE's Battlefronts that I'm still mad. Lol.

I'm still looking forward to playing Fallen Order, so the list may change.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I actually haven't played many SW games, but for me:

1) Battlefront 2 (2005)
2) Lego Star Wars
3) Republic Commando

I've played a few others, but not long enough to really judge them. I haven't played Fallen Order yet, but that will probably make the top 3 easily.

kuncol02

Banned
Because it's the second Jedi Knight game, third game in the Dark Forces series (even though the whole series lost the Dark Forces name with it and stuck with Jedi Knight since), Academy is the third Jedi Knight game, fourth game in the series.

Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith expansion
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

That's the order of release. I didn't like Academy as much as Outcast, it was more like an expansion and a bit misguided, but still it was nice to have more of that goodness and some of the scenarios were pretty fun, even if many not so much. Maybe there'd have been a real Jedi Knight III. Or not.
They really should call last one Star Wars Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy

Top Bottom