• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Top 10 Capcom games.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'm approaching this as a "you can only play these 10 capcom games". No particular order, would take too long to reason it out.

OG Resident Evil 1996 - PSX
Onimusha - PS2
Resident Evil 2 - PSX
Resident Evil 3 - PSX
Code: Veronica X - PS2
Dragon's Dogma - PS3
Street Fighter Zero 2 - Saturn
Goof Troop - SNES
Resident Evil 4 - Wii
REmake 2 - PS4

I'm approaching this as a "you can only play these 10 capcom games". No particular order, would take too long to reason it out.

OG Resident Evil 1996 - PSX
Onimusha - PS2
Resident Evil 2 - PSX
Resident Evil 3 - PSX
Code: Veronica X - PS2
Dragon's Dogma - PS3
Street Fighter Zero 2 - Saturn
Goof Troop - SNES
Resident Evil 4 - Wii
REmake 2 - PS4
Solid list! Goof Troop I recommend, beat it on the SNES itself...I remember near the end of the game, there was a puzzle I was stuck on for a while...good times. The satisfaction from when I finally figured it out was worth it

fart town usa

Gold Member
Capcom has one of the (in my opinion, the) deepest and most fun catalogs of any video game publisher.
This was one of the first games my brother and I got as kids. Capcom has been awesome to watch for all these decades. Truly an amazing company, it's the studio that motivates me to get new consoles. Their releases are the ones I look forward to the most.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Solid list! Goof Troop I recommend, beat it on the SNES itself...I remember near the end of the game, there was a puzzle I was stuck on for a while...good times. The satisfaction from when I finally figured it out was worth it
It's a tough game for sure in the later stages, I've made it to the last level but never beat it. I did put it on the SNES classic though, wife and I play it sometimes.

MiguelItUp

No particular order

Resident Evil PS1
Resident Evil GC
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Street Fighter II
Street Fighter IV
Darkstalkers
Dead Rising
Super Ghouls N Ghosts
Power Stone
Marvel Vs Capcom 2

It's a tough game for sure in the later stages, I've made it to the last level but never beat it. I did put it on the SNES classic though, wife and I play it sometimes.
I think I did the same too, put it on my SNES classic, unfortunately there was some emulation glitches making those darked-out levels harder to beat or impossible not sure. It's been a while since I played it on there but yea that was the holdup for me playing it on there

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Limiting to two per IP:

1. Zelda Oracle of Ages
2. Zelda Oracle of Seasons
3. Duck Tales 2
4. Duck Tales
5. Phoenix Wright
6. Phoenix Wright 3
7. Ghost Trick
8. Mega Man 2
9. Okamiden
10. Resident Evil Revelations

This was one of the first games my brother and I got as kids. Capcom has been awesome to watch for all these decades. Truly an amazing company, it's the studio that motivates me to get new consoles. Their releases are the ones I look forward to the most.

Trojan!!

Also holy shit. As a kid I thought those potholes would kill you (my friend who owned the game didn't have a manual) so I always avoided them 😂

Naked Lunch

Not nearly enough love for Strider 1 and 2 and Bionic Commando in this thread. Disappointed NeoGAF.

Capcom is just the best. They havent made much that I dont like.

1 - Street Fighter 2 Turbo [Arcade]
2 - Street Fighter 3 Double Impact [Arcade/Dreamcast]
3 - Strider 2 [PS1]
4 - Bionic Commando [NES]
5 - Ghouls 'n Ghosts [Genesis]
6 - Mega Man 2 [NES]
7 - Resident Evil Remake [Gamecube]
8 - Lost Planet 2 [360]
9 - God Hand [PS2]
10 - 19XX [Arcade]

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
1. Megaman x4
2. Capcom vs Snk 1 and 2
3.Resident evil 2
4. Dino crisis 2
5. Rival school 2
6. Duck tales
7. Monster hunter freedom united.
8. Dragon dogma
9. Lost Planet
10. Resident evil 4

sedg87

Banned
In no order:

Breath of Fire 3
Dino Crisis 2
Street Fighter 4
Onimusha
Devil May Cry 3
Resident Evil (ps1)
Resident Evil 2 (ps1)
Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, PS5, Quest, Calculator, Toaster, Microwave, ATM)
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Resident Evil 7

Hard to list only 10...But two of my all time favorite games are Devil May Cry and Sengoku Basara series.

Capcom made a lot of good games. Fighters, i like more SNK and Anime Fighting games, but of course SF2 is the King, and some other fighters are good too...CPS 1 and 2 games, Resident Evil is a classic, i love Dead Rising series too...

Only 10 is hard lol!

Last edited:

radewagon

1. Resident Evil Code Veronica
2. Megaman X6
3. DmC (vanilla)
4. Bionic Commando (2009)
5. Auto Modellista
6. Dark Void
7. Street Fighter The Movie
8. Street Fighter (1987)
9. Devil May Cry 2
10. Final Fight (SNES)

Kev Kev

no particular order

dead rising
dead rising 2
re 1
re 2
re 3
re 1 remake
re 2 remake
re 3 remake
re 7 (VR)

hard to pick a #1 but id have to go with re 7 VR simply because of the VR part. that was one of the best gaming experiences ive ever had

kunonabi

Vampire Savior
Street Fighter Alpha 2
X-Men vs Street Fighter
Project Justice
Mega Man X2
Resident Evil 3 (original)
Resident Evil Outbreak
Mega Man 3
Haunting Ground
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Dead Rising

Most of these are in my top 50 with RE3 and Vampire Savior in the top 10 at 6 and 2 respectively.

poodaddy

Pretty sure you skipped#4 on your list OP. The curiosity will keep me up at night and I'll live a shallow life from this day forward if you don't tell us what your 4 is.

Rran

This is tough. Capcom's got a great legacy. Let's try it:

10) Mega Man 11
9) Resident Evil 2 (Remake)
8) Mega Man 9
7) Resident Evil (Remake)
6) Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (3): Trials and Tribulations
5) Mega Man 2
4) Viewtiful Joe
3) Mega Man X
2) Mega Man 3
1) Resident Evil 4

Sorry, not a fighting game guy or a Monster Hunter guy or a Ghosts n' Goblins guy. But there's still plenty of good stuff to pick from.

Last edited:

sCHOCOLATE

1. 1943: Battle for Midway
2. X-Men: Children of the Atom
3. Dark Stalkers: The Night Warriors
4. Black Tiger
5. Dungeons & Dragons: Collection (Chronicles of Mystara and Tower of Doom)
6. Ghouls 'n Ghosts
7. Street Fighter Alpha 2
8. Power Stone
9. Resident Evil Code: Veronica
10. Street Fighter II: Champion Edition

Ladioss

Not a fan of fighting games. Please don't shoot me.

- Ace Attorney first trilogy
- Ghost Trick
- Okami
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
- Ducktales
- ...and all the others 90s Disney games
- Megaman 2
- Dragon Dogma
- the GBC Zelda games

Overall, I loved Capcom best during the 2000s.

Last edited:

dan76

In no order:
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Village
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 3
Marvel Super Heroes
Vampire Saviour
U. N. Squadron

Karmic Raze

I’m old school, so here goes…

Resident Evil/Resident Evil: Director’s Cut
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil: Remake
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Devil May Cry 3

And I’ll save the 10th spot for Devil May Cry 5 because I know when I get around to playing it that it’ll take the cake. I haven’t played Resident Evil 3: Remake, Resident Evil 7, or Resident Evil 8 yet. And barely played Resident Evil 2: Remake although it was really good, but not enough to make my favorites list.

2. X-Men: Children of the Atom
7c6.jpg

Solid choice. That's imo the best version of SF2. I never understood why the hardcore SF fans disliked it.
Hmmm, good question. I'm a hardcore Super Turbo fan and while I'm not fully plugged in to the community these days, I can tell you why I prefer OG Super Turbo to HD Remix.

Superficial reason: The art style is hideous. I know you can revert from 16:9 to 4:3, and you can revert from HD models to pixel models for the characters, but you're still left with HD backgrounds. And having pixel characters against HD backgrounds is really jarring. This was a big deal as, unfortunately, we live in a superficial society (check out how many pixel-counting Digital Foundry threads are made here on GAF on a seemingly weekly basis)

Gameplay reasons:
  • Too many command input, move range, and other changes (see full list of changes here) that made HD Remix practically unrecognizable from OG Super Turbo at high level play. This is a big deal; again, I only speak for myself, but my perception of the Super Turbo community is that from a gameplay perspective, it's the Street Fighter equivalent to Super Smash Bros. Melee. If you re-release a version of Melee with even one change, high level players are gonna be raisin' eyebrows very quickly.
  • Some of the nerfs and buffs seemed like too much. An example: one constant complain that I remember (and I agree with, actually) is that Zangief got way too powerful in HD Remix -- and this is coming from me, an actual Zangief fan!
  • I think the game didn't take off because there wasn't a lot of Japanese involvement in it. Love it or hate it, Japanese top player endorsement is very important to the competitive survival of a Street Fighter game. And I can't remember what happened, whether the game just didn't take off in Japan or wasn't even released in Japan (I think I remember it being the latter), but that lack of endorsement meant that at high level play, the game was DOA.
If people can put up with ugly UDON backgrounds and/or character models, and enjoy the QoL changes (commands often ARE easier to pull of), then HD Remix is perfectly fine for casual gameplay. But, yea, it was rejected by the competitive/hardcore community....

Last edited:

Karmic Raze

Solid choice. That's imo the best version of SF2. I never understood why the hardcore SF fans disliked it.
Yeah, I didn’t know the hardcore SF fans disliked it, but I’ve never been in that “community.” I quite liked that game, though, and would have liked to seen more versions of other games in that style. Like Super Street Fighter 3 Alpha.

Top Bottom