• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your top 10 action games with best character movement?

Kupfer

Whats with the rdr2 unpatched? what does patch do? I played rdr2 on ps4 until it died and bought it for steam but haven't really gotten into it. Should a patch be avoided?
It's like a double-edged sword, on the one hand the patches partially fix game breaking bugs and other serious errors, on the other hand I seem to remember that I stopped playing with the patch that made movement simpler and more direct. So I pretty much only played with the original movement and it is slow, leisurely, physics based, everything has a certain weight and once a 500kg horse is in motion, the movements are not so easy to slow down or redirect.
So I really liked this aspect of the game, similar to GTA IV, but I also know that many hated it ( that's why a patch was released ).

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
DOOM ETERNAL
METAL GEAR SOLID V
Ninja Gaiden
Zelda BotW
Halo Infinite
Ori
Devil may Cry 5
Super Mario Odyssey

Much more but a bit tired =/

Blanking out

Shemue ofcourse 💩

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
OP's list would be great if you've only been gaming for a year or so.

Yeah I'm breaking my mind thinking when I played what.. 500 games or so? Not sure. But you get my point

Then again, you'd think they were capable of making such a almost perfect sublime controlling character as Venom Snake 10+ years ago?

Last edited:

WellSheet

Horizon Zero Dawn-

the way Aloy moved with your input on the joy stick. It felt so smooth and natural. The animations, response from button presses/attacks felt great too! Can’t wait for FW.

Ghost of Tsushima

same as Horizon. The added bonus for GOT is that every single frame of that game looks so cinematic. The camera control/feel as you pan and control it during combat is pretty amazing.

Dead Cells
Resident Evil 8

Yoboman

Last of Us 2 combat movement, animations and realism is just on whole another level of realism. Don't think I've played a game with such insane animations.

Installing mods is fun because it looks so real in that game.

Easily a generational leap from TLOU Part 1 animations, detail and game play specifically.
Agree

Adding jumping, prone, dodge and contextual melee really brought it altogether and every action flows seamlessly from one to the next. Lots of actions you can make that you think shouldn't work but they've got a unique animation for it

Cryio

I loved the movement in The Prince of Persia Sands of Time Trilogy, all Splinters Cells between 1 to Double Agent, PoP 2008, Rayman 3 a lot and ... Hmm. Darksiders 2 was extremely slick IMO.

Cold war prop hunt. it feels good speeding around with a table.
Gears of War, but not the talking scenes
Pac Man
Forza Whorizon 5
Crazy Taxi

1. Resident Evil 3 (1999)
2. Resident Evil (2002)
3. Resident Evil Zero
4. Resident Evil CODE: Veronica
5. Resident Evil 2 (1998)
6. Resident Evil Director's Cut
7. Resident Evil (1996)
8. Resident Evil: Deadly Silence