• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Proudest Platinums/Achievements and your biggest failures.

Fahdis

Ace Combat 5
Using an A-10 Thunder (the slowest plane in the game) took out the 8492nd Squadron on the Hardest Difficulty.

Street Fighter IV - Vanilla
Need I say more? Fucking Trials were the worst part of this.

WipeOut HD and Fury
Rapier Speeds, Zone Zeus, Arcade Perfect... near impossible.

Killzone 2 on Hardcore
Try raiding Visari's Palace in the last level. Took me near an hour. And then the fight with Radec himself... fuck.

Battlfield 3
The Sniper level that you have to work together to get online with another person. Getting every ribbon online as well.

DriveClub
Ariel Atom Challenge
Hennessey Venom Challenge
Endurance Challenges

Uncharted Remasters - Brutal Trophies
Need I say more?

FFX
Getting all the Legendary Weapons was a pain in the ass. Fighting the Bee Sisters legit.

Ugghhh there are so many more, but I enjoyed them alot. For me collectathons can be troublesome especially in Ass Creed games but I see it as a mindless space out break from the real thing.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I've never unlocked a platinum trophy. My biggest accomplishment and my biggest failure I guess.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Double platinumed Sushi Break in EU and US version. Proudest 4 minutes of my life.
not really

Last edited:

TheCed

Proudest Platinum would be Cuphead.
It doesn't seem like the Plat is that difficult to get, but to me, it felt like a real accomplishment.

Biggest failure would be the Fortnite Save the World Platinum... I got it... It took an insane amount of time for virtually nothing. It didn't feel good. When all was done, I just felt nothing. This is the game that made me realize that my completionist obsessive gaming is not good at all.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
RJENDdb.png

This one probably, requiring you do a 400-chain flawless free-flow combo.

My memorable platinums:
vA0zb96.png

PSN level:
d30Kmqn.jpg

I don't give a shit that you don't give a shit about trophy/achievement. I am having my own fun and that's what matters.

Anchovie123

My favorites I have are 3 demon's souls platinums. I imported the Japanese and NA versions to do this.

Fallout NV was probably the hardest platinum i have but not because its hard, simply because the game ran like absolute shit on PS3. Constant crashing and when your save file reaches a certain size the game will randomly decide to run at single digit FPS numbers. At points you have to look at the sky or hug a wall for it to be playable.

COD WAW was another hard one. Veteran difficulty literally has you crawling inch by inch on the floor to get past it, some checkpoints could take up to an hour. Hundreds of deaths.

[Sigma]

PlayStation Platinums(in not particular order):
Nier Automata-because I love this game so much. I still want to run around in the world every once and a while, while listening to the ost.

Ghost of Tsushima-because I love this game so much. The samurai game I always wanted realized.

Nex Machina-Peak Housemarque top down arcade shooter goodness.

Devil May Cry 4 SE- Loved the gameplay. Playing as Lady and Trish was fun(Lady was game breaking lol).

Vanquish-Platinum baby. So action packed. Everything leads up to Tactical Challenge 6 lol.

Yakuza 0-Still my favorite Yakuza overall so it has to make my list.

Driveclub-When it comes to this, the Platinum is one thing and it's pretty easy to be honest. Anyone can get it. Everyone who played Driveclub extensively knows the real fun and challenge when it comes to the trophies is in the dlcs. Even though the elite challenges didn't have trophies tied to them, id include them into this too for sure as they were fun and even more challenging in races.

The Witch and the Hundred Knight-Listing this because I was caught off guard by how freaking dark this game turned out to be. Had me really engage. Game had tons of technical issues on PS3 but I forgave them all and actually ended up liking the game.

Transistor-enjoyed every minute and wanted more even after the platinum. Trophies weren't really tough to get but they were fun to me.

Infamous 2- Favorite Infamous game. The trophies were fun to get in this game.

Uncharted 2- Remains my favorite Uncharted game. I actually played this fully before I fully played Uncharted 1. Game was semi-tough at the time on the higher difficulty but that was more so because I wasn't use to Uncharted games.

Xbox 360 100%:
Ninja Gaiden II-100%. Self explanatory really. PlayStation ended up gettin the Sigma but nah, THIS is the one, the better one. I was definitely proud of the achievements I got in this.

Halo 3- 100% Peak Halo for me personally when it comes to multiplayer. I remembered all the fun themed events MS had going at the time.

Biggest Failure:
Wipeout HD- I can't play this game correctly even if my life depended on it lol. I went for the platinum and im only at like 29%. Watched videos and everything on how to properly play and I still suck lol. I think this is the only game ive given up on when I really wanted to go for the Platinum. I like the game though.

Im going to stop there. I have more "favorite/proudest" platinums but It was just continue on for a long time. I realized that most of 100 Platinums and 100%s are actually my favorites, whether they were difficult or not. So it just shows that I really mostly try for it in games I really like and it kinda lends itself to me being very proud of it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
My only 2 Platinums are Bloodborne and Elden Ring. Both of which I’m very proud of. I’ve wanted to Platinum other Souls games because I’ve had multiple playthroughs. I just don’t exactly feel like doing it. I absolutely adore the games and it feels weird being in NG+5 in DS3 and not even have all the endings. I just want to have fun.

I realize that I’ve spent a fortune on games. I have zero regrets. I just don’t find a thrill in getting 100%. It’s cool that people do that. I was super excited getting Bloodborne’s Platinum. I’m happy that my Platinum is where it’s at.

On 360 I knew players around launch who boosted their scores, like the stuff against ToS. I never had fun doing that. New games on new consoles are fun, but some of those games aren’t interesting at all. Even if they take an hour or two to get all the achievements. I’ve never felt like I was that type of person.

Probably most ashamed of those licensed 360 games I played. Lost, TMNT, CSI, etc.

Rented Avatar for the 15 second 1000 points.

Don’t have much I’m proud of, I just enjoy unlocking them to get more out of a game I thought I was done with.

I loved the achievements in Dead Rising. Fuck that Frank the Pimp shit though, never got it.

Aenima

Proudest was when i got the platinum on Demon's Souls on PS3. It took me like 2 or 3 weeks farming a damn stone to get the trophy,

Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 0 was another proud moment, as you need to git gud in alot minigames and challenges.

My biggest failure was also on a Yakuza game. After trying really hard to platinum Yakuza Kiwami and even beating the hardest karaoke song, i ended up giving up on the fighting challenges.

Nowadays i dont have much patience to try platinum a game, only if im really enjoying the game and im close to get the platinum trophy, i go for it. Games that ask me to do a 2nd run or require alot of time just to unlock a trophy i end up ignoring the trophies.

Bartski

Gold Member
I got Returnal platinum in less than a week from release.

This year definitely Sifu, was really hard imo before the difficulty modes patch and enemy nerfs. The Prodigal Child trophy (beat the game sub 25) really took some effort.

As far as failures go, I recently bought Uncharted 4 PS5 and tried playing it on crushing. Nope.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Proud trophies:

1: Ghostrunner (0.6%)
2: Returnal (2.3%)
3: Destiny (1.5%)
4: Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4 version) (1.2%)
5: Elden Ring (11.2%)

Sad no plat trophy:

1: Titanfall 2

Meicyn

Gold Member
Got all achievements and platinumed Dragon’s Dogma for Xbox 360 and PS3 respectively. Platinumed FFXIV on PS4, working on it for PS5.

I missed one boss on Elden Ring despite being as thorough as I could be without using a guide, but I plan to make sure I get it and finish the remaining endings soonish. Such a great game, and I enjoy it when platinums happen playing naturally.

Segaswirl

Most proud of: Getting 1000G's on every Yakuza game on Xbox then doing it again with the Windows versions. Also getting 1000G's on most of the Final Fantasy games on Xbox, I still have a few of those to go though. Most recently, I have one achievement left to go on Fall Guys, which involves buying 50 items from the store. Kinda shitty but I'll get it eventually.

Hardest achievements, probably Gold Plated on NFS. The Shadows Rushed Me on Max Payne 3. Also happy I was able to 1000G Tony Hawk 1+2 and being able to get all the achievements in Descenders with its added content.

Biggest Fail: I was planning on playing through some of the AssCreed games I own but UbiSoft are being dicks and turning the servers off soon so I don't think I'll bother now.

(...)

Killzone 2 on Hardcore
Try raiding Visari's Palace in the last level. Took me near an hour. And then the fight with Radec himself... fuck.

(...)

Before patch or after patch? The game was really, really challenging on Elite mode before it got patched. Especially, the final encounter with Radec. The difficulty level got nerfed way down after they patched it up because people were complaining.

(...)

I don't give a shit that you don't give a shit about trophy/achievement. I am having my own fun and that's what matters.

If you aren't aware, TexMex TexMex set up a dedicated thread for trophy and achievement talk right here (link).

Last edited:

Kupfer

Got General of the Army in Hell let Loose which is at 1.8% in PSNProfiles and 0.1% in the PS App.

Was actually pretty fun and I didn't even aim for platin, but the game kept me playing it for months.

Xeaker

I don't care anymore about trophies, but my best Platin were:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 & Razor Edge
Wipeout HD
Vanquish

marcincz

Persona 5 Royal is my proudest platinum trophy.
Besides it is fantastic game, great jrpg and one of my GOAT.

Midn1ght

Got the Plat in Mirror’s Edge, twice. Wish the Steam version had achievements so I could do it again.

100% achievements (DLC included) on Steam for Borderlands 2 made me hate the game. I probably won’t touch another Borderlands for a very long time.

Currently working on 100%’ing Death Stranding and Days Gone on Steam as well.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Once I fell from a high place on WoW and still didn't die, then I got this achieve for that... I think that's it 🤷

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
My biggest failure related to achievements was being stupid enough to spend hours trying to find the last fucking orb in Crackdown.

My biggest achievement was finally finding that orb.

These days the first thing I do when I get new system/launcher is to go to settings and disable achievement notifications. I want to play games my way, thanks.

multiple world records in re5 mercenaries --- also ran the message board and leaderboards for it. have 5-10 k hours on the game, played it for over a decade. met a ton of new people, even met up with a friend in hong kong. my gaming dreams were fulfilled.

> done mercs > done life! shoutout to dreamerRD who i know is on this forum.

Shifty1897

Biggest failure is beating Vanquish Challenge #6. I even studied guides on how to beat it and still couldn't execute.

Neilg

An annoying failure - got all but one in cyberpunk except for shooting a grenade out of the air with a revolver. Spent hours using a gun I didn't like hoping for a chance to try every 15 minutes and kept whiffing. Annoyingly unpredictable and impossible to practice. Gave up on getting the plat entirely.

Holammer

I usually don't care and go out of my way to 100% a game, but there are a few notable exceptions.
One of them is 1001 Spikes, I enjoyed it so much planned the most time-efficient way to farm the money, grabbed a calculator to see how long it would take. Then I did it to 100% the game.

The game is remarkably stingy with achievements. (also, it seems have more and harder ones than the Playstation version?)

Lol, believe it or not that was easy. Zone Zeus took like a month or 2. The Platinum Skins were just a case of finishing X amount of races. The hardest trophy in the game was finishing the campaign on Legendary. 😮‍💨

Wipeout zone mode is so underated. Before going clubbing I'd stick it on, take some substances and turn the music up to max. Literally went into another zone playing it. I Just wish that the PS4 version synced the beat to the track that I'm sure the PS3 did with custom music. I ended up in the top 100 on most of the zone tracks still though 🤣

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I enjoyed getting 100% trophy completion in Driveclub and DC Bikes. Some events were really tough to master but overall spending 200 hours+ with the game was very enjoyable.

Fahdis

Wipeout zone mode is so underated. Before going clubbing I'd stick it on, take some substances and turn the music up to max. Literally went into another zone playing it. I Just wish that the PS4 version synced the beat to the track that I'm sure the PS3 did with custom music. I ended up in the top 100 on most of the zone tracks still though 🤣

I did exactly the same!

Fahdis

Before patch or after patch? The game was really, really challenging on Elite mode before it got patched. Especially, the final encounter with Radec. The difficulty level got nerfed way down after they patched it up because people were complaining.

I believe it was before. Because we're sadists XD and love the pain of punishment. I even forgot it was called Elite. People talk about the Souls games, give em KZ2 on Elite, watch them cry. I realized on Elite you don't have a reticule for the gun, ammo was rare as shit so you had to forage a new gun from dead enemies and you would hope your M82 would last you at least the first section of the level to a supply crate if you were lucky and started the few levels with it. Otherwise that Magnum had to get you through. What an amazing game for its time. There was nothing like it!

I believe it was before. Because we're sadists XD and love the pain of punishment. I even forgot it was called Elite. People talk about the Souls games, give em KZ2 on Elite, watch them cry. I realized on Elite you don't have a reticule for the gun, ammo was rare as shit so you had to forage a new gun from dead enemies and you would hope your M82 would last you at least the first section of the level to a supply crate if you were lucky and started the few levels with it. Otherwise that Magnum had to get you through. What an amazing game for its time. There was nothing like it!

Souls games are usually fair. KZ2 on Elite was… not. When you tie difficulty to simple number increase/decrease, you inherently aren’t creating a fair and balanced challenge.

Fahdis

Souls games are usually fair. KZ2 on Elite was… not. When you tie difficulty to simple number increase/decrease, you inherently aren’t creating a fair and balanced challenge.

I agree with you. But the noteriety they get for being "hard" is also a fallacy. A simple Grind and overleveling your character before the next section usually does the job. And Elite wasn't just about increase/decrease. I forgot to mention the phenomenal AI. I've never seen anything like it since. Even KZ:SF was complete ass. The Helghast would Bob/Weave/Scatter/Flank (even as a group)/Cover on 3 different scales down to the Belly and Ran away from battles as well. It was only when you took out the Knife that the AI ever faltered. Honestly, it was some crazy AI on Elite. And RNG with Rico reviving you was 0 to once on a level.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
SMB3_27.png

So many deaths and restarts as a kid....Such a visceral victory.

--------------------------------------------------

I don't think I've ever 100% any single game since the start of the achievements/trophies started. I just never cared enough, most challenges are superfluously bloated or dumb. Some games have had interesting ones that encourage different playstyles and I would find those fun to try, but again, never really cared.

Some people become obsessed with them and which always came across as... strange to me.

edit: For a giggle I decided to take a look..... I lied...

I remember trying REALLY hard for my one and only 100% achievement run.
Nttcqvb.png

I've finally joined the club.

Last edited:

Mhmmm 2077

My proudest platinum would be Yakuza 0 and my biggest disappointment... not sure actually, maybe Batman: Arkham City, since I 100%'d Asylum, I want to do the same for City, but the amount of challenges you have to do PER CHARACTER is simply tiring. Maybe one day.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I’m sure if Zelda games had trophies or achievements you’d see people beat them more.

begotten

PS3: DMC1-3 & DmC (Original Trophy List)
PS4: DMC1-5 & DmC

I also main fighting games, so I have a bunch of them 100%'d on not only PSN but Steam also.

I list Devil May Cry & Fighting games as my proudest / "hardest" achievements because I know people who intentionally go for them avoid those games lol

Top Bottom