• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Pop-Tarts & Toaster Strudels (July-October)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm shamelessly ripping this off from EZA forums, but it sounds fun.

The Rules:
We only pick 2 games thats coming out between July-September October, one Pop-Tart and one Toaster Strudel.

Definition:
Pop-Tart - You have good feeling about it and believe it going to be great game.

Toaster Strudel - You have bad feeling about the game, it might turn out to be good but you have your doubts.

Mine:

My Pop-Tart.
82c69cf9511d93f0d4865b16e516bb9a.jpg

So far from everything I saw from this game looks great from the combat system to its character design and its world, I don't see this game disappointing me

My Toaster Strudel:
gwt-shrine-m.jpg

At first I was excited Ikumi Nakamura was directing this game but suddenly we heard she left the team and from then I have no Idea who is directing this game. I was also disappointed that game was First Person since I'm not really big fan of those type of games. With that being said the game can still turn to be good and from the trailer the game has killer aesthetics.

Last edited:
Ghostwire: Tokyo actually releases in October.

But if you are allowing October releases then my pop-tart (good feeling) pick will be Metroid Dread.

My toaster-strudel (bad feeling) pick will be Rainbow Six Extraction.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Ghostwire: Tokyo actually releases in October.

But if you are allowing October releases then my pop-tart (good feeling) pick will be Metroid Dread.

Right!!! I completely for got about that....My mistake I will October release as well.

There is no official release date for Ghostwire Tokyo. They've never said one either.

Deathloop was originally aiming for PS5 launch, November 2020. Then delayed to May 2021. Now it's supposed to ship in September 2021.

I bet Ghostwire ships in 2022.

There is no official release date for Ghostwire Tokyo. They've never said one either.

Deathloop was originally aiming for PS5 launch, November 2020. Then delayed to May 2021. Now it's supposed to ship in September 2021.

I bet Ghostwire ships in 2022.
The Wikipedia page for Ghostwire: Tokyo said October 2021 for PS5 and 2022 for Xbox Series, which appears to be based on Sony's CES 2021 stream from earlier this year.

But you're probably right. For example, Kena's actual release date is August, not March.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

The Wikipedia page for Ghostwire Tokyo said October 2021 for PS5 and 2022 for Xbox Series, but that appears to be based on Sony's CES 2021 stream from earlier this year.

But you're probably right. For example, Kena's actual release date is August, not March.
Yeah those dates were just guesses by Sony.

Like a day later, Sony edited that trailer and removed all the dates.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Danjin44 Danjin44 Can you explain the pop tart and toaster strudel thing? I don't care for either so I don't see why one would be good and the other bad.

Good feeling
Kena bridge of spirits

Bad feeling
Little Devil Inside

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Can you explain the pop tart and toaster strudel thing?
Its something EZA (Easy Allies) do in their Podcast, I personally never had Pop-Tart or Toaster Strudel but they way they explained, Pop-Tart is easier to enjoy.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Idk anything

But I really wanna play Tales of Arise

And that Bethesda vampire game is one which I'm hesitantly optimistic about because vampires are cool 😎👌

Kuranghi

Danjin44 Danjin44 Can you explain the pop tart and toaster strudel thing? I don't care for either so I don't see why one would be good and the other bad.

Good feeling
Kena bridge of spirits

Bad feeling
Little Devil Inside

Yeah these fit for me, Kena I'm more excited about every time they show it and I'm really into Little Devil Inside but I fear it might not really have a coherent "game" in there amongst all the great art and tone.

The pop-tart and toaster strudel thing I see like this:

A pop tart you can safely say you will enjoy it even if its not haute cuisine, like your favourite fast food, not thats its fast food quality, just that you know you'll like it and loads of others will love it.

Toaster strudels are more likely to have more complex flavours and actual real fruit as opposed to some factory made fruit paste, so they probably won't appeal to as many people generally.

It doesn't make much sense and we had to twist it like I have above to make it make sense lol, but the main point to take away is that Kyle Bosman (who made this up) had never had a toaster strudel up to that point and just assumed they were less good with no evidence other than fast food is really popular and well known so it must be the best over bespoke foods, unless its a reallllly commited comedy bit and I'm being naive (doubtful at this point lol) I think he's just doing that thing you do when you meet someone new who has a different sphere of understanding/experience and you slag something off and the person tells you how clueless you are about said thing, except thats happening on the internet with hundreds of thousands of people so it seems way worse.

He's a good guy but he needs to broaden his horizons a bit, but we all do in some aspects I mean no shame on the guy, we all have our areas of expertise. He said he was going to travel the world seemingly for this reason but he Covid cancelled his plans unfortunately.

I'd say Psychonauts 2 is my pop-tart and Deathloop is my strudel. I really hope DL tickles me in the same way as Hitman did, but I'm starting to think it might not be what I think it is, optimistic though.

Pop-Tart: Kena Bridge Of Spirits

Toaster Strudel: Forspoken

I’m breaking the rules but I have to get a word in about that latter game.

Top Bottom