• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your PlayStation allegiance may determine whether you can preorder a PS5

Trogdor1123

If I buy from a local store, I 100% get it day 1 for mrsp and get to support local business.

This seems to have risks of getting it late or not even being selected.

Nah,

Bryank75

Banned
You reward your loyal base. The Playstation Stallions that have been loyal through generations, in the bad times and highs should get first dibs.

How many asylum seekers from Xbox and PC are we gonna get this gen? Millions. They should wait in line after the VIP's get theirs.

It's what it's.

wyaNvBF.jpg

Tiamat2san

Fuck it, I’ll buy it in the store where I work.
We’ll get plenty.

i don’t like this move from Sony (would think the same if it was Nintendo or Microsoft)
Support local retailers if you can guys!

ManaByte

We’ll get plenty.

i don’t like this move from Sony (would think the same if it was Nintendo or Microsoft)

Post from this November:

"My store didn't get enough PS5s and I didn't pre-order, help me GAF!"

Methos#1975

We’ll get plenty.

If they even get them. I think it highly likely only Sony Direct will have launch consoles, hence this program

TheContact

trying to find out how old my psn is. i bought a ps3 on launch day, but i'm not sure if they forced you to sign up for psn as I probably didn't unless they made you. i checked my trophy history and my first one was january 2008, but apparently trophies didn't exist before this date so i'm not sure how to tell.

PaintTinJr

I guess the question is: What gamers fit with the console launch messaging best - to warrant getting in at day one?

IMHO, longstanding (PS2 PSN /early PS3) customers that largely buy single player games - and mostly complete them - are going to give a far better look for PS5, than say predominantly Fifa/Madden/CoD/Fornite players or gamers that buy lots of games, but rarely finish anything - as the software shortage will merely hamper their ability to easily form a satisfied view of the new system in the latter group, and probably struggle to give a justification of the new generation hardware purchase in the first group. In many respects, maybe a game like Death Stranding would be a good gauge. Players that bought and completed it, are probably more likely to put the effort in to find the good in something if it is there, and at launch of a console you probably need most of your early adopters to have that staying power to search the limited library for great experiences so they can promote the system to others.

Tiamat2san

Post from this November:

"My store didn't get enough PS5s and I didn't pre-order, help me GAF!"
Well , I work at company named Fnac in France.
We are the biggest electronic and cultural stores here.
Our website is the second biggest after amazon, and I will pre-order day one, so I don’t worry ;)
I’ll get one or two I want.
Same for any console.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I've had a PSN account since 2006, owned every Sony system and even went full digital for the damn Vita. What else do I have to do?

BTW that button down shirt and tie are pretty cool (not worn together of course).

Well, I signed up for it just for the hell of it. I figure if I am deemed worthy, I might buy it directly from Sony (although I was planning on getting it from Amazon or BestBuy online).

I do find it rather hilarious that they are asking for us to register for a pre-order with no price announcement though.

Shmunter

Well, I signed up for it just for the hell of it. I figure if I am deemed worthy, I might buy it directly from Sony (although I was planning on getting it from Amazon or BestBuy online).

I do find it rather hilarious that they are asking for us to register for a pre-order with no price announcement though.
Trolling MS

Aladin

I guess i want to experience best of both worlds. Can someone having two accounts pre-order one ps5 for me, Help me out ? (Illinois, USA). I am a pc gamer.

I guess i want to experience best of both worlds. Can someone having two accounts pre-order one ps5 for me, Help me out ? (Illinois, USA). I am a pc gamer.

You'll be able to get one from the store of your choice most likely. I really doubt they are going to be impossible to find as I expect the price to be more than people are expecting, and the launch lineup really isn't great.

Top Bottom