• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your plan of attack re: launch week

So I’m lucky enough to have two weeks off around when the consoles launch, and was also lucky enough to grab a launch-day pre-order for both. Combined with having saved like a good boy to have enough to purchase what ever games tickle my fancy, I’m left with the ultimate first-world-problem dilemma; theres just too many different games I wanna play.

I’ve got Series X coming out on the Tuesday, for which I’m liking the look of AssCreed and Watchdogs. The day after, the new Destiny 2 expansion goes live (I am a Destiny turbo nerd) so that’s a definite. And then the day after that is PS5 launch, and Demon Souls is looking mighty fine. The day after that is CoD Cold War, theres still a couple things I’d love to try on SX and PS5 (Dirt5, Godfall, Ghosts of Tsushima) and then the following week is Cyberpunk! Fucking wild, I’ll be nerdgasming for two weeks straight.

So tell me GAF, what do you reckon I should go for first, or if you dgaf about what I’m doing, tell me your own plans of attack for launch day/week.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Thanks to quick resume on the XSX you can rotate through all the titles every few minutes like a mad man. Not sure how the resuming works for multiple games on ps5 still, but at least if you see friends jumping into parties online you'll know right away and be able to pause demon's souls to join up.

The preloaded astro bot on ps5 will probably be worth a spin just to see it show off the new controller features.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Step one) work my shift like normal on Thursday (9-5)
Step two) go to GameStop to pick up my pre-orders after work (Ps5 physical and demon souls)
Step three) go home, set up playstation 5
Step four) ???
Step five) profit

schaft0620

Due to not being able to travel this year here in the US, I took the week off as well. I write for a site so I have a full calendar already made from the 1st to the 15th. I am covering both consoles and will start with making space in my TV unit, getting new HDMI cables and boxing up old collectors editions to help make room. I am spending the entire week prior capturing certain games on their current platforms to compare how they are on the new platforms (Spider-Man, Demon's Souls, old Xbox games etc etc). Then hopefully on the 21st I can play though Spider-Man and Demon's Souls without the guise of work. I did get every PS5 game minus Coaster Works, FIFA and AC:V. We shall see what else sticks with me.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Play destiny expasion until servers shit them selves, panic buy Valhalla or CoD since destiny isn’t working. Maybe pick up godfall if I feel like I didn’t waste enough money yet.

Barakov

My Plan of attack when the new consoles launch :
Y5kh97E.jpg

eihQq1B.jpg
iu

Hawk269

I am taking off Nov. 10, 11th and 12th. I am hoping/assuming that GameStop will be opening the night before for each consoles launch.

Plan 1: Xbox Series X

Work on the 9th and then depending on what time Gamestop will open for the mid-night launch head over. Pick up my Series X and head home to set it up. Downloading some of the new games I pre-ordered and also copying games from my external HDD's that I have to the internal and SSD Expansion. On Nov. 10th, I should also receive the Series S that I got for my Wife and will set that up. Pretty much spend the entire day of the 10th messing with it.

Plan 2: PlayStation 5

Again, hoping/assuming Gamestop will have a mid-night opening, head over sometime Wednesday night. Get home and set up the console and begin the download process of games and updates. Spend most of Thursday playing games on it and whatever else.

One thing I hope EVERYONE takes note of....We are in for some massive downloads. From Day 1 system updates, downloading new games or patches for existing games there is going to be a massive amount of network traffic with these new systems.

Considering the severely limited number of pre-orders GameStop even had available per store, I don't know that they'll do a midnight launch.

They might do the situation wherein you pre-ring before 9:00pm and you'll be able to take your system home then, rather than wait til midnight.

They often did that for major releases of late, though its not so much about convenience for the customer as it is they don't want to spend more payroll at all to justify staffing or security til midnight.

I have to drive almost an hour to get to the GameStop I ordered at. I'll probably just pick it up on launch day rather than night time...too risky.

TheMan

cyberpunk and valhalla. I ordered my ps5 through target and I hae a range of potential delivery dates. I'm not too worried about gettnig a ps5 launch day though

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Having it release on a Thursday for me means not really caring about taking any time off because I can still get a few hours in on Thursday and then just binge on it that weekend too.

It'll be a ton of Demon's Souls and as much COD as I can stand online with my brother. He forces me to get these every year :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

AeneaGames

So I’m lucky enough to have two weeks off around when the consoles launch, and was also lucky enough to grab a launch-day pre-order for both. Combined with having saved like a good boy to have enough to purchase what ever games tickle my fancy, I’m left with the ultimate first-world-problem dilemma; theres just too many different games I wanna play.

I’ve got Series X coming out on the Tuesday, for which I’m liking the look of AssCreed and Watchdogs. The day after, the new Destiny 2 expansion goes live (I am a Destiny turbo nerd) so that’s a definite. And then the day after that is PS5 launch, and Demon Souls is looking mighty fine. The day after that is CoD Cold War, theres still a couple things I’d love to try on SX and PS5 (Dirt5, Godfall, Ghosts of Tsushima) and then the following week is Cyberpunk! Fucking wild, I’ll be nerdgasming for two weeks straight.

So tell me GAF, what do you reckon I should go for first, or if you dgaf about what I’m doing, tell me your own plans of attack for launch day/week.

My plan of attack for (US) launch week? Looking all jealous at all the stuff on the Internet!

Only went with a PS5, secured one but might be a month after initial launch before I receive mine.

Will be longest few weeks of 2020! 😀

Managed to get both xsex and ps5 preordered. Will be playing Valhalla on Xbox and demon souls on ps5.

Probably also play miles morales and Godfall.

highrider

Banned
I’m going to be playing my Xbox one lol. I might get the new Xbox when Halo comes out but tbh most of the games I play still are 360 games lol.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I've got two weeks off, hopefully I can track down a PS5 as I unfortunately missed the pre order window, but I'll be trying to balance scouring for one and playing the Series X.

Karmic Raze

I just plan to play Spider-Man: Miles Morales on launch day up until Cyberpunk 2077 comes out and then start that. I will be jumping back and forth between the two. I don’t think I’ll have much time for anything else for a while, so I should be good.

Top Bottom