• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most anticipated Xbox exclusive

Which one is your most hyped game ?

• Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2

• Halo Infinite

• Everwild

• Avowed

• Fable

• Bright Memory Infinite

• Scorn

• The Ascent

• Forza Motorsport

• State of Decay 3

• Perfect Dark

• Starfield

• The Elder Scrolls VI

• Next Doom

• Gears of War 6

• Forza Horizon 5

• Next Compulsion Games

Results are only viewable after voting.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
So many games, but only one choice...

xbox-game-studio-lineup-2020.jpg

First of all, sorry if I missed a game.
Secondly, some games are voluntary missed because they are most likely timed exclusives. For example, no Warhammer 40K Darktide, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, or Indiana Jones (wait and see for this one)
Flight Simulator isn't here because it's released on PC, so I'd rather leave its place for another unreleased game, it's up to me you can @me and insult me.
Same poll for Playstation Exclusives: here

Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2
unknown.png

While Senua's Saga: Hellblade II was one of the first games announced for the Xbox Series X, we have no idea when it will come out
Built from the ground up for the next-gen, the in-engine trailer showcases the insane visuals Ninja Theory aim to achieve when the game hits the Xbox Series X.
And after the success of the first game, this sequel definitely feels like it takes the same dark, terrifying tone as its source material.

Halo Infinite
unknown.png

Halo Infinite was delayed to 2021 after the negative reactions to the game's visual quality. Still, this one has a strong aura and is awaited by a large majority of fans.
As for the story, we know it'll continue Master Chief's s journey and, according to Chris Lee, studio head on Halo Infinite, will "mark the beginning of a new chapter and challenge for the Chief, but it will also respect and continue threads that led to this point."

Everwild
unknown.png

This brand new IP from Rare – the developer behind Sea of Thieves, Banjo-Kazooie, Battletoads, and more – is filled with colorful and fantastical creatures that interact with humans cautiously in a slightly otherworldly setting.
It's not clear yet what kind of game it'll be, but whatever form it eventually takes, it's clear that it's going to be a beauty.

Avowed
unknown.png

Set in the Pillars of Eternity universe from Obsidian Entertainment, Avowed is likely years away.
Still, it has gathered attention thanks to the first trailer and the legacy of the developers. You definitely want to keep an eye on this one.
This another first-person RPG will surely build on the studio's penchant for epic adventures filled with memorable characters and touches of humor.

Fable

unknown.png

That's right folks. Fable is officially coming!
Very much a reboot for the series under new developer Playground Games, this new Fable still channels the original games with fantastical creatures and wondrous places. We can also expect the game to continue the tradition of letting players shape the story through their interactions with the game world.
It'll hit Xbox Series X, Windows 10 and Game Pass at some point in the future, we're just not sure when. Or whether we can wait that long ! it’s easily one of the most anticipated Xbox releases at the moment.

Bright Memory Infinite

unknown.png

Set in a futuristic city in the year 2036, Bright Memory: Infinite is a lightning-fast action game with touches of FPS developed by FYQD-Studio.
Composed of a few people, the team is focused on high speed action gameplay and demand quick reflexes from the player as the trailer perfectly showcase.

Scorn

unknown.png

Scorn is an upcoming horror title that leans heavily into H.R. Giger's art styles to create its grotesque world.
Think boney, fleshy, internal organ themes for interior designs. Guns apparently made out of bits of raw chicken and gristle. Wholesome stuff ! The artstyle has caught the attention of many gamers during it's reveal.

The Ascent

unknown.png

The Ascent, is adding another take to the ‘sci-but we’re all screwed’ view of the future.
This co-op supported shooter from Curve Digital has no firm launch date but should be dropping sometime in 2021. The game look gorgeous and has a strong cyberpunk aesthetic coupled with fast paced, top view gameplay.

Forza Motorsport

unknown.png

Like Fable, the simulation racing series Forza Motorsport is also getting a bit of a soft reboot.
Ditching the number rather than launching as Forza Motorsport 8, for example, this is a refresh for the series that's currently early in development. It'll run at 4K, 60fps and focus on delivering a dynamic, connected world.
No release date as yet, but when it does arrive you can be sure to hear a lot about it !

State of Decay 3

unknown.png

State of Decay is back with the third entry in the zombie survival-horror series. Currently in early development, it's looking to bring fans the 'ultimate' zombie survival sim, and from the looks of the first trailer, it's going to brutal.
Set in a more wintry environment, there are possibilities that you'll have to manage your internal temperature in addition to other survival needs, as the plague seems to have now spread to animals and not just humans.

Perfect Dark

unknown.png

At the 2020 Game Awards, Microsoft unveiled the long-rumored project of The Initiative — a full reboot of Rare's classic sci-fi spy adventure Perfect Dark.
This reboot of the series keeps the secret agent gameplay and our hero, Joanna Dark, into an eco sci-fi tale set in the near future. Expect plenty of spy gadgets, some gloriously hybrid buildings, and of course aliens along the way.
Details are scant on exactly how Perfect Dark will look and play, but it's already a big name to look at.

Starfield

unknown.png

Xbox players will soon see the fruits of Microsoft’s $7 billion purchase of Bethesda! Starfield is likely to be the first Xbox Series X-exclusive Bethesda title on consoles to be released.

If Bethesda can recapture the magic of Skyrim and Fallout, this might be the massive single-player experience that Xbox’s exclusive lineup has been sorely lacking

The Elder Scrolls VI

unknown.png

Like Starfield, Elder Scrolls VI is now part of Microsoft's Xbox Game Studios, alongside Bethesda's acquisition.
And just like Starfield, almost nothing is known about the game. It will be single-player and a traditional Elder Scrolls-style open RPG, but we may be waiting a long while to see this game materialize.

Next Doom

unknown.png

id Software and Bethesda Softworks will release The Ancient Gods — Part Two, the second expansion for Doom Eternal, on March 18.
While that story has already provided some pretty wild twists and turns across two games and the downloadable content, the biggest question will soon be what comes next for The Slayer.
One thing is sure, director Hugo Martin is exited:“It’s as if Sam Raimi was given a Transformers budget to go make a sequel to The Evil Dead"

Gears of War 6

unknown.png

According to Jeff Grubb, VentureBeat reporter who often has reliable information, Microsoft has "too much to do" at the moment, and does not want to focus on Gears 6 for now.
In addition, The Coalition has separated from his gameplay designer Nigel Loster, who left for The Initiative to work on Perfect Dark, another exclusive to the Xbox manufacturer.
Gears fans will therefore have to wait a while before returning to the franchise...

Forza Horizon 5
unknown.png

Forza Horizon 5 is one of Microsoft's most anticipated games and although no official announcement has been made, there are rumors that Mexico will be the destination of the fifth installment in the series.
With the approach of E3, we will be very quickly fixed on the much awaited Forza Horizon 5, which has the longest development time since the first opus.

reinking

Gold Member
I choose Fable based off of previous games. TBH, it is kind of hard to tell unless you are asking my most anticipated to get more information. If that is the case, Starfield.

skit_data

I don’t own an Xbox, but I really wanna see them bring the heat to GT7 with the next Forza. Ever since Forza Motorsport 3 I’ve considered them better than the GT-series and the last few years there has been no competition, Horizon and Motorsport has dominated IMO.

It will be interesting to see all of Zenimax output as well now that they have more economic freedom, I want the next Fallout to make a big splash.

Also really curious to see Hellblade 2, the first was very visually impressive so I wanna see what they can do on the Series X as a first party studio

Edit: Also Avowed, Obsidian has out-bethesda:d Bethesda in several titles now, I wanna see their take on a fantasy setting

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

I am skeptical about a few of the games you listed being exclusive.
Gears 6 is my choice as The Coalition is the only proven XB team.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
So many games, but only one choice...

xbox-game-studio-lineup-2020.jpg

First of all, sorry if I missed a game.
Secondly, some games are voluntary missed because they are most likely timed exclusives. For example, no Warhammer 40K Darktide, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, or Indiana Jones (wait and see for this one)
Flight Simulator isn't here because it's released on PC, so I'd rather leave its place for another unreleased game, it's up to me you can @me and insult me.
Same poll for Playstation Exclusives: here

Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2
unknown.png

While Senua's Saga: Hellblade II was one of the first games announced for the Xbox Series X, we have no idea when it will come out
Built from the ground up for the next-gen, the in-engine trailer showcases the insane visuals Ninja Theory aim to achieve when the game hits the Xbox Series X.
And after the success of the first game, this sequel definitely feels like it takes the same dark, terrifying tone as its source material.

Halo Infinite
unknown.png

Halo Infinite was delayed to 2021 after the negative reactions to the game's visual quality. Still, this one has a strong aura and is awaited by a large majority of fans.
As for the story, we know it'll continue Master Chief's s journey and, according to Chris Lee, studio head on Halo Infinite, will "mark the beginning of a new chapter and challenge for the Chief, but it will also respect and continue threads that led to this point."

Everwild
unknown.png

This brand new IP from Rare – the developer behind Sea of Thieves, Banjo-Kazooie, Battletoads, and more – is filled with colorful and fantastical creatures that interact with humans cautiously in a slightly otherworldly setting.
It's not clear yet what kind of game it'll be, but whatever form it eventually takes, it's clear that it's going to be a beauty.

Avowed
unknown.png

Set in the Pillars of Eternity universe from Obsidian Entertainment, Avowed is likely years away.
Still, it has gathered attention thanks to the first trailer and the legacy of the developers. You definitely want to keep an eye on this one.
This another first-person RPG will surely build on the studio's penchant for epic adventures filled with memorable characters and touches of humor.

Fable
unknown.png

That's right folks. Fable is officially coming!
Very much a reboot for the series under new developer Playground Games, this new Fable still channels the original games with fantastical creatures and wondrous places. We can also expect the game to continue the tradition of letting players shape the story through their interactions with the game world.
It'll hit Xbox Series X, Windows 10 and Game Pass at some point in the future, we're just not sure when. Or whether we can wait that long ! it’s easily one of the most anticipated Xbox releases at the moment.

Bright Memory Infinite
unknown.png

Set in a futuristic city in the year 2036, Bright Memory: Infinite is a lightning-fast action game with touches of FPS developed by FYQD-Studio.
Composed of a few people, the team is focused on high speed action gameplay and demand quick reflexes from the player as the trailer perfectly showcase.

Scorn
unknown.png

Scorn is an upcoming horror title that leans heavily into H.R. Giger's art styles to create its grotesque world.
Think boney, fleshy, internal organ themes for interior designs. Guns apparently made out of bits of raw chicken and gristle. Wholesome stuff ! The artstyle has caught the attention of many gamers during it's reveal.

The Ascent
unknown.png

The Ascent, is adding another take to the ‘sci-but we’re all screwed’ view of the future.
This co-op supported shooter from Curve Digital has no firm launch date but should be dropping sometime in 2021. The game look gorgeous and has a strong cyberpunk aesthetic coupled with fast paced, top view gameplay.

Forza Motorsport
unknown.png

Like Fable, the simulation racing series Forza Motorsport is also getting a bit of a soft reboot.
Ditching the number rather than launching as Forza Motorsport 8, for example, this is a refresh for the series that's currently early in development. It'll run at 4K, 60fps and focus on delivering a dynamic, connected world.
No release date as yet, but when it does arrive you can be sure to hear a lot about it !

State of Decay 3
unknown.png

State of Decay is back with the third entry in the zombie survival-horror series. Currently in early development, it's looking to bring fans the 'ultimate' zombie survival sim, and from the looks of the first trailer, it's going to brutal.
Set in a more wintry environment, there are possibilities that you'll have to manage your internal temperature in addition to other survival needs, as the plague seems to have now spread to animals and not just humans.

Perfect Dark
unknown.png

At the 2020 Game Awards, Microsoft unveiled the long-rumored project of The Initiative — a full reboot of Rare's classic sci-fi spy adventure Perfect Dark.
This reboot of the series keeps the secret agent gameplay and our hero, Joanna Dark, into an eco sci-fi tale set in the near future. Expect plenty of spy gadgets, some gloriously hybrid buildings, and of course aliens along the way.
Details are scant on exactly how Perfect Dark will look and play, but it's already a big name to look at.

Starfield
unknown.png

Xbox players will soon see the fruits of Microsoft’s $7 billion purchase of Bethesda! Starfield is likely to be the first Xbox Series X-exclusive Bethesda title on consoles to be released.

If Bethesda can recapture the magic of Skyrim and Fallout, this might be the massive single-player experience that Xbox’s exclusive lineup has been sorely lacking

The Elder Scrolls VI
unknown.png

Like Starfield, Elder Scrolls VI is now part of Microsoft's Xbox Game Studios, alongside Bethesda's acquisition.
And just like Starfield, almost nothing is known about the game. It will be single-player and a traditional Elder Scrolls-style open RPG, but we may be waiting a long while to see this game materialize.

Next Doom
unknown.png

id Software and Bethesda Softworks will release The Ancient Gods — Part Two, the second expansion for Doom Eternal, on March 18.
While that story has already provided some pretty wild twists and turns across two games and the downloadable content, the biggest question will soon be what comes next for The Slayer.
One thing is sure, director Hugo Martin is exited:“It’s as if Sam Raimi was given a Transformers budget to go make a sequel to The Evil Dead"

Gears of War 6
unknown.png

According to Jeff Grubb, VentureBeat reporter who often has reliable information, Microsoft has "too much to do" at the moment, and does not want to focus on Gears 6 for now.
In addition, The Coalition has separated from his gameplay designer Nigel Loster, who left for The Initiative to work on Perfect Dark, another exclusive to the Xbox manufacturer.
Gears fans will therefore have to wait a while before returning to the franchise...

Forza Horizon 5
unknown.png

Forza Horizon 5 is one of Microsoft's most anticipated games and although no official announcement has been made, there are rumors that Mexico will be the destination of the fifth installment in the series.
With the approach of E3, we will be very quickly fixed on the much awaited Forza Horizon 5, which has the longest development time since the first opus.
Gotta go with Elder Scrolls. It beat out Perfect Dark by a hair honestly. I know these games are years away, but that actually makes me anticipate them more. Games closer to the beginning of the gen lack the quality devs tend to unlock as the generation matures. So by time these games come out I'm sure they are going to blow our minds. Can't wait.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Starfield.

I would had said ES6 earlier this year, but after getting Series X and plowing through hours of Skyrim, I think I had enough Tamriel for now. I'm going to put in another 5 hours on the weekend and beat it for good. I'm at the end of Act II, and looking at web guides, Act III doesn't seem long (I dont think).

I was going to do that the other day but instead spent 3 hours doing Thieves Guild quests. lol

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
This is SO hard. I voted for Halo since it's my favorite series, but I truly love all the BGS WRPGS. I can't wait for Starfield and I'm dying for a new Elder Scrolls. Really looking forward to Everwild, Fable, Hellblade, Avowed --- Oh hell, the reality is I am super excited about most of those games.

NickFire

Not sure these will all be exclusive. But that aside, I'm stuck between Halo and Starfield. Halo is such a big name, has the nostalgia factor, and has been in development so long that I really want to see what they've done with it. Only reason its not sitting alone in first is the delay. Delays alone mean nothing, but delays of this length on a game that I once thought had a chance to change the MS market share by itself, are a different beast to me.

Honestly though, I really don't know much of Starfield. I'm interested primarily because its talked about so much, and I'm hoping for a game with that old school Mass Effect fun.

Robb

Gold Member
Halo Infinite as of right now. That might change when they show more footage of the other titles though.

Hellblade 2 is a close second, I cant wait to see how they'll improve on the first game.

yamaci17

My all time favorite game is Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim so.. answer is simple for me. I really do want the new Elder Scrolls!!! But I don't think it can be Xbox-PC exclusive. It's too big of a game to be excluded from PlayStation.

But I look forward to Gears 6. Will they improve the story?? How will be the graphics? Will it actually take advantage of the new powerful console? I want better presentation and a better written story with more character depth!!! Will it end the saga? Gears 4 and 5 had very little steps into the story, how will 6th game unfold based on such weak stories? How about making it a prolonged 20-30 hours campaign with a richer world (instead of the fake-hallow open world segments in Gears 5). I want a truly enjoyable high quality Gears game. I hope it does not disappoint.

Dr Bass

I'll vote StarField since it seems like it's the closest and I love good sci-fi.

Why isn't Flight Simulator listed? What's going on with that game??

Avowed by far.

I love the writing in Obsidian games and New Vegas is probably my favorite RPG of all time. If its even half as good as NV, I can die happy.

Banned
Perfect Dark, Halo, Fable in that order

although I am of course very skeptical about Halo since 343i doing something good is the rare exception not the rule

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Halo Infinite, definitely.

Also:

I really do want the new Elder Scrolls!!! But I don't think it can be Xbox-PC exclusive. It's too big of a game to be excluded from PlayStation.
Dear god. Guys, you need to get over it. You need to let it go. It's not coming to Playstation. Ever. Period. That's it. Microsoft didn't spend billions of dollars to value add to Sony's system. Any moron can see that.

CeeJay

So many possibilities in that list!

I voted Everwild. After seeing Sea of Thieves grow and blossom into one of the best games of the gen with no sign of its growth and popularity slowing I am excited to see what they do next.

Top Bottom