• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Favorite Video Games of the OO's

I'm going to be doing this thread a bit different from the other two. I'm going to be going down a third party list of the "best" games of this decade and giving my thoughts on the ones I've played and if I agree with their placement. This will take place over the course of multiple posts instead of everything being right here in this first post. Anyways, time to get started...

1. Silent Hill 2

uvrKMh9.jpg

This being number one for the decade might say more about the website I'm using to figure this out than the game. Not sure how many other places would have a survival horror game that isn't RE at number 1 for any decade. But there's a pretty niche group of people voting on what gets up there on this website and this game has a pretty huge cult following besides the people who just enjoyed it more casually. Personally I was a more casual fan. I enjoyed stuff like the atmosphere and scares but found the combat annoying and the puzzles often too obtuse. I know both had separate difficulty levels but I was too prideful to ever go all the way to easy on either, haha. I wish this was available on PC, though because it's been so long since I had played it and a new chance might reveal its wonders to me.

2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

iq0FG1V.jpg

We had to skip a game to get to this, the number 2 on the chart I was doing was Mother 3 and I've never touched that. I totally get why this is so high, I mean, I don't actually like it that much but it's very well made and this franchise has a pretty rabid fan base. For me, though, it was a fun ride that often felt like playing a movie. At the time of playing it I wasn't very big on stealth games and wasn't overly familiar with this franchise. It would be interesting to try again now but I did get a kick out of it at the time even if I didn't understand what made it one of the best games ever made to some people.

3. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

3k4VewK.jpg

This one I never beat and as I understand most of why it has such a legacy is because of what happens in the final third. Where I got to in the game I kinda found the game annoying. Not terrible mind you, but it was a rental and after returning it I never played the game again. Once more, were the game available to me now I'd like to re-try it.

4. Deus Ex

cbjSAL5.jpg

I got this for PC at release and my PC could just barely handle it, the problem was I couldn't handle it. The difficulty was a bit obtuse to me as a youngster as I didn't really get what it expected of me. Flash forward a few years and I get the PS2 port and suddenly everything locks into place for me. My play through of this would go down as one of my favorite multi-day gaming sessions ever. I have this on Steam now and have tried to re-play it but it's a bit archaic in more ways than one so it's hard to get into it the same way I did back then. I think it should get the proper remake treatment, honestly.

5. Resident Evil 4

eSA6y4b.png

Here we go. Here's a game that absolutely blew me away on the Gamecube. I need to try replaying it today to see how it holds up and I've got a copy on Steam but something keeps from re-trying it, maybe I don't want to find out it loses some of its impact? Not sure, but I absolutely adored this game when I played it back in 2005.

6. Half-Life 2

A4HSRxY.jpg

One of my favorite games ever made. I didn't have a PC that could run it in 2004 and was so desperate to play it. Eventually I got the XBOX version (yes, vanilla XBOX) and despite performance issues was basically in heaven. Next I got the Orange Box on 360 and loved it even more. Then I finally got a gaming PC and played the definitive version. This game, to me, is a huge achievement in game design and no linear shooter comes close to it in terms of well... just about anything it does. There are some with slightly better shooting mechanics and certainly there are some with better AI but I think the AI argument with this game is a bad argument because the AI works for the way the game is designed, everything feels perfectly designed and set up to at times give you a roller coaster ride while at other times giving you this sense of immersion and atmosphere. I can't say enough how much I love this game.

7. Metroid Prime

1HICkDt.jpg

I fucking love Metroid Prime, it could be the best game I've ever played, it's definitely top 5 or so. I loved it when I first played it way back when and I loved it when I replayed it via emulation a few years back. I love this genre, this sort of game where entering a new area of a world doesn't mean you did everything in the last area, I love the little secrets, the atmosphere, etc.

8. Demon's Souls

U5nhGxQ.jpg

I have not even remotely played enough of this title to judge it. I rented it back in the PS3 days and didn't get very far. I emulated it recently and got a decent ways in but still felt it was the wrong way to play it. In walks this beautiful remake the PS5 is getting, finally I can experience this proper. To be fair in the PS3 days it was also proper I just didn't get the genre at the time. I'm now such a huge Souls fan, though, can't wait to tear into this. From what I've experienced it feels like what it is... the early beginnings of the franchise. I don't suspect I'll enjoy it more than Dark Souls but the remake could be something truly special indeed, more of these old games need such remakes, honestly.

9.The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

gt8RdL4.png

When it came to Nintendo's biggest franchises it felt like the Gamecube was a lesser system than N64 (besides Metroid holy shit). Like this game couldn't really stack up against Ocarina of Time, but it had a fresh art style and was still a lot of fun. It also had a bit of a resurgence in popularity thanks to the remaster it got recently.

10. Super Mario Galaxy

JWdcX6O.jpg

Another game I never beat. At the time I liked it but I thought the Wii controls for it sucked, would have rather played with a standard controller (can you on the Wii?). I especially hated collecting stars or whatever with one hand while controlling him with the other, never made sense to me and gave me a head ache. There was something off about controlling his ass in this, found myself falling in pits far too often. Really great looking game, though with a neat, original concept.

11. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

w37zspF.jpg

And on we go with another game I could never finish. I still remember that one guy yelling at me because all we had to do was follow the damn train. Also remember a mission that was like the chase in Terminator 2. They were getting better at the formula but the game still mostly played like ass, Grand Theft Auto IV would be the entry to fix my issues with how gun fights and driving worked mostly, though.

12. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

a8HeD2g.jpg

This was one of those games I tried getting into because everyone loved it. Made it to some boss I couldn't figure out how to beat and haven't played since. Still want to figure out what makes this game tick, again I'd like to see a remake of some sort.

13. Portal

40CE0dh.jpg

This was a neat little puzzle game I forgot about after the 3 hours it took to complete and then the whole world lost its shit over it for some reason. Calm down, guys, the game is just fine.

14. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

WiciETi.jpg

My experience with this on XBOX is a horror story I'd rather not recount. I'm sure it's a great game but that XBOX port... ouch. I have it on PC but haven't been man enough to try and play it yet.

15. Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening

P9gBr6S.jpg

I bought this back when I implicitly trusted game reviewers weren't blowing smoke up my ass and the ratings for this were astronomical. Cue me not getting it at all, and I don't mean not getting the appeal, I mean the gameplay. I brute forced my way to this twin statue boss (sorry if I'm describing the boss wrong but this is my memory) at which point my hands were absolutely destroyed from trying so hard to beat him that I gave up. A friend would one day tell me if I got the launch version of the game the difficulty was busted in that version, which is interesting to know since critics seemed so fucking happy with it. Maybe one day I'll try this one out again.

16. Burnout 3: Takedown

PPqNlIM.png

I'm not big on racing games... but I'm big on Burnout. This and the next entry are simply fantastic! The sense of speed, the combat, the CAR CRASHES!!! Yes!

17. Okami

XrPJW1m.png

Playing this on my Wii it exemplified why I hate motion controls. Never got very far because motion controls can blow me.

18. BioShock

orm4RWu.jpg

What a fantastic game. I've beaten this game 5 times (I had one audio log glitched out, couldn't find it even with online guides telling me where it was, so I never got full achievement score) and it's just so well made, so atmospheric, so fun. The story is fantastic and a great meta-commentary on gaming as a whole.

19. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

d6zycy8.jpg

This is the mascot for obtuse weird PC games. I enjoyed it in bursts but to say I ever fully "got it" would be a lie. Another game I need to give more of a shot, it's certainly unique, though.

20. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

FR1KOI5.jpg

While I'm not sure the alternate world mechanic is enough to say it's a jump over the first it's more Metroid Prime and I love that. I prefer the first probably because the alternate world mechanic is honestly often annoying, it's you know one of those toxic alternate dimensions which is always annoying to deal with.

21. Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne

d2okPAD.jpg

Fun game, not quite sure why it ranks higher than the first for people? I'm I just nostalgia goggling the first?

22. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

ISXWmBq.png

Best soundtrack in a GTA game. I made it furthest in this of any GTA from before IV because of how much I enjoyed the aesthetic of the '80s and all that. The shooting stopped me from completing it, though, I have respect for anyone who got through those mechanics to beat this, though.

23. Max Payne

SyBjvmD.jpg

I legit had a Max Payne mouse pad that came with the PC version of this. Really loved shooting people up in slow-mo, it was also a really cool game for story-telling at the time.

24. Halo 3

JsUuyn9.jpg

This is apparently this site's favorite Halo, it isn't mine but it's a great game. I need to replay it via MCC but it felt far closer to what made the first special than the second game's campaign.

25. Rock Band 2

Gs7yob1.jpg

My minor, temporary addiction to this resulted in hundreds of dollars spent on DLC...

26. Ninja Gaiden

GnpUpfI.jpg

Oh, look, it's the absolute king of XBOX games I found too difficult to beat. I think I got 4 levels in, I remember beating some guy on top of a blimp and then some more open-ish level with red dragon things were eating me. Really cool game I wish I was good at.

27. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

T5gYgVC.jpg

Very fun game. Some people just look at these as roller coaster rides like Call of Duty but on higher difficulties the combat becomes a fun challenge instead of the BS your average CoD becomes. I recc it to anyone who thinks the combat isn't deep enough.

28. Halo 2

7Xyk5ti.jpg

Hey, I love any Bungie Halo but I think this one could be overrated? I get it, online matchmaking was huge for people but for me it was always about couch MP and couch co-op with friends. I'd rather play Counter-Strike against strangers. The campaign in this often missed the mark of what made the first so great, honestly.

29. Bayonetta

79Lj6TO.jpg

I didn't care much for this. I played to completion but... eh... it's certainly stylish but I don't 100% get the appeal of this style of game.

30. Batman: Arkham Asylum

AFzJBg0.jpg

Only entry in this franchise I really get a kick out of. The combat system is pretty fun and looks cool but I really liked the Metroid-like world design as well.

31. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

54JqH1n.png

The entry that totally lost me. I stopped understanding why this franchise is huge to people.

32. Mass Effect

MIVN59O.jpg

Awesome RPG, had lots of issues on console and if I replayed it now on PC I'd still have to groan over those driving parts but still, great game.

33. Perfect Dark

vtJKEcQ.jpg

Though this game had many advantages over Goldeneye in its features it didn't grab me like Goldeneye did because I had become more of a PC gamer at the time. Still a fantastic title.

34. Team Fortress 2

V2KxZqI.jpg

I'm one of those people who remembers the old previews for this where it would be this gritty, realistic military shooter game and was so excited. Then so disappointed it was this garish cartoon game. Actually prefer the first, to be honest. This game has its moments, though if you get past how they massacred my poor boy.

35. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

JghnGry.png

Hey, it's the first Zelda game I ever beat!

36. Bully

dvsx3EY.jpg

I actually got more into this than the GTAs of the era because it didn't have their terrible combat mechanics. Never beat it as I only rented it, though.

37. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Uv3O4Pp.png

What a friggin' awesome Lovecraftian horror game. The insanity mechanics were so cool, the story awesome, I loved that you were time and body hopping the whole game. Such a neat fucking game.

38. F.E.A.R.

PhK7p25.jpg

Badass shooter with amazing shooting mechanics. I can take or leave the horror stuff, it mostly works and is atmospheric but this was really about shooting mofos in slow motion.

39. Ikaruga

1oGatXY.jpg

I bought this due to glowing reviews, plus this was an era where I was experimenting with what I enjoyed. I did enjoy the first few levels of this before I couldn't get any further, though!

40. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

JwX03S7.jpg

Pretty fun campaign, pretty neat multiplayer. Worth all the hype? Not really.

41. Halo: Combat Evolved

QazOsHB.jpg

Kinda criminal how low down the list this is. Still an amazing campaign experience to this day.

42. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

3oxTQ1o.jpg

This is where this franchise began to make sense to me, I got a kick out of this.

43. Return to Castle Wolfenstein

IyDKbv4.jpg

Really fun shooter campaign.

44. SoulCalibur II

S9rvoSL.png

Played a crazy amount of this with friends, still probably my favorite fighting game.

45. Dragon Age: Origins

RQdA6hJ.jpg

What a great fucking RPG!

46. Metal Slug 3

s0A7kRJ.jpg

Fun arcade franchise. Fun with a friend, not a lot more but great art.

47. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

6LDkbGL.jpg

One of the most boring games I've ever beaten. It has its moments but man do I not get this game. Who wants to sit through 30 minute lectures on nano-machines?

48. Grand Theft Auto IV

vNN8ne0.jpg

Probably my favorite entry, they finally nailed the combat, adding a cover mechanic was very smart. Also love the enemies having locational damage. Story was fantastic, liked the way they handled the big choice and its results.

49. Dead Space

Df1qTms.jpg

Totally awesome action/horror game, one of my favorites, if not my absolute favorite. Sound design, atmosphere are off the charts, the gunplay is actually well done and a nice comfort zone between full on action game and survival horror. Love the enemies and how you need to dismember them. Just such a fantastic fucking game.

50. Braid

pxr8fAh.jpg

This game is proof reaching the end of a game doesn't mean you beat it, or understood it, lol.

Hit the image limit for a post... lol, not done yet! Will continue this!

Last edited:
51. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

sBXk0RD.jpg

Pretty neat game, don't get the hype, but it's fun.

52. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

NzBaGOU.jpg

Worst of the trilogy, still one of my favorite games. The worst thing they did in this one was separate the boss rooms from the level/world design, though.

53. Kingdom Hearts

fKfeHLS.jpg

Rented this a few times, had fun with the time I spent with it.

54. Grand Theft Auto III

Wcv4ZAo.jpg

I got a lot of play out of this but never beat the story. I reached some mission where nearly every time my car would flip and explode and you needed it. But I had lots of fun regardless, the jump to 3D was so cool at the time.

55. Silent Hill 4: The Room

TuGo2tI.png

The only entry I've completed, really loved the concept behind it.

56. Condemned: Criminal Origins

oL5nXwQ.jpg

When I first got a 360 I bought the Perfect Dark game and this... this was so much better, haha. What a cool horror game. Too bad about the sequel.

57. Conker's Bad Fur Day

kNabdgJ.jpg

I played this as an edgy teenager, so it was awesome. Honestly it probably still is.

58. Counter-Strike

pyT29NW.jpg

There isn't a game in existence I've spent more time playing. A full decade of this game being on constant rotation for me. Sometimes I literally played this for 24 hours straight. No MP game has addicted me like this since.

59. Serious Sam: The Second Encounter

anRX5Sc.jpg

Whole franchise is fun as Hell.

60. Left 4 Dead

UlVcr8k.jpg

I don't like this as much as other people do but it was def fun on higher difficulties with a group of friends.

61. Rock Band

HkIt95r.jpg

This essentially just became a code on a booklet for uploading the track list to part 2, unfortunately some of the best songs didn't transfer, though, =/

62. Serious Sam: The First Encounter

89g0Wyv.jpg

These games still hold up!

63. Burnout Revenge

1xU4R6l.png

I honestly prefer this one to Takedown, it has some really awesome features added to it. Plus it was cross-gen so you could play it with better visuals on 360. I owned both, XBOX and 360 versions, it was a double dip when it re-released.

64. Call of Duty 2

6YAevKz.jpg

Slightly longer than any other Call of Duty, the one time the campaign really felt like a full experience. But the MP is stupid in this one.

Okay... GAF doesn't want me uploading images any more, rest of list will be without them...

65. Guitar Hero II - Not the best entry
66. Mega Man 9 - Fun throwback!
67. Burnout Paradise - The switch to open world was a poor decision
68. Fallout 3 - What is this classic doing so far down the list?
69. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - Not sure why this is below II
70. The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay - Pretty cool game.
71. Need for Speed: Most Wanted - I had fun!
72. Saints Row 2 - This was fun but holy crap is performance rough in spots.
73. Devil May Cry 4 - Hey, the only one I beat! But I was really disappointed by how much this game re-uses everything and gets repetitive as a result
74. Halo 3: ODST - The hub world type layout was a neat touch.
75. The Darkness - Pretty cool concept.
76. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - Probably still my favorite entry.
77. Assassin's Creed II - Huge leap over the first.
78. The Simpsons: Hit & Run - One of my favorite open worlds to inhabit.
79. God of War - Really fun game
80. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - Still need to beat this, it's really neat.
81. Shadow Complex - Great Metroidvania.
82. Ninja Gaiden II - Seemed more doable than the difficulty in the first but also a weaker game
83. Gears of War 2 - This is where the franchise went wrong, they decided to do all these different dumb ideas for every level and try and be cinematic, just focus on the combat, fools.
84. Dead Rising - Such a cool fucking game
85. Guitar Hero: Metallica - As a metalhead this might be my favorite entry, also it has the best audio quality for Death Magnetic you can get lol
86. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Best CoD campaign
87. Call of Duty: World at War - Best CoD multiplayer
88. The Godfather: The Game - Very fun open world game
89. Resident Evil: Code Veronica - My favorite Dreamcast game
90. Doom 3 - Very underrated entry that emphasizes the horror aspect
91. Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction - Awesome open world game! They need to remake this or bring back the franchise!
92. Gears of War - Was great at the time but hasn't aged well
93. Killing Floor - Totally awesome co-op shooter
94. Red Faction: Guerilla - The best destruction in a video game
95. Fable II - This game was stupid, why did I bother beating it?
96. Borderlands - Had tons of fun playing this co-op, sure if a person was over-leveled it ruined the experience but mostly it was me and my friend who were at about the same level.
97. Crysis - You can tell this website I'm using has bad taste because this fucking amazing game is so low
98. 007: Nightfire - It was no Goldeneye but we had fun with this.
99. Twisted Metal: Black - I never got the appeal of this franchise, it was just sorta dumb fun to me
100. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit II - Great racing game
101. Guitar Hero 5 - Really good, not sure why it's so low? I guess people were just sick of the genre
102. Prey - Inventive level design but mostly just good
103. XIII - Mediocre gameplay mechanics are helped by interesting art style and other gimmicks
104. Crackdown - Totally awesome game, why is it so low?
105. Soldier of Fortune - This game floored me as an edgy teen who wanted to see people die horribly... a new game where you blow people apart would also floor me, though.
106. Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 - This was an ingenious game for how it introduced more tactical gameplay into the shooter genre, shame the franchise is dead.
107. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway - The entry that killed the franchise, one of those games that had this amazing demo that the released game was nowhere near.
108. Manhunt - This game was a decent stealth game that was properly edgy.
109. Guitar Hero World Tour - Yeah, I played pretty much all of these and enjoyed them. Rock Band is better, though.
110. Ghostbusters: The Videogame - Not great but the license helps.
111. Burnout 2: Point of Impact - Would be eclipsed hardcore by the next few entries but still fun
112. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - I've sunk hundreds of hours into this game, such a cool concept for an RTS
113. Far Cry - I spent the most time with the 360 version which I know is a gimped version but it was fun!
114. Fahrenheit - Gets dumber as it goes, that opening was so cool, though.
115. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas - The campaign was great, multiplayer even better.
116. 'Splosion Man - Fun and funny platformer especially co-op
117. The Saboteur - Decently fun sandbox game
118. Resident Evil 5 - Starts off strong but quickly goes off the rails
119. Prince of Persia - My favorite entry is this one people think is too easy because of the mechanic where you're saved from death, whatever
120. Red Faction - Neat game at the time, Guerilla is now the one to play.
121. Postal 2 - Pretty funny game.
122. inFamous - This was decent, retarded twist, though.
123. Battlefield: Bad Company - AWESOME MULTIPLAYER and even the campaign was fucking good as shit.
124. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Ages well thanks to the Nathan Drake Collection, play it on Crushing!
125. Quake 4 - Mediocre shooter
126. Turok: Evolution - Ruined the franchise
127. Scarface: The World is Yours - Totally underrated open world game that doesn't work well on most PCs, I've got a box copy and just can't get it to work! Ugh!
128. Stuntman: Ignition - Pretty neat concept, steep learning curve.
129. Medal of Honor: Airborne - Probably the most underrated shooter ever, the ability to parachute in wherever and complete objectives in any order was so neat.
130. Black - This game is awesome! It needs a PC port!
131. Killzone 2 - It pains me to see this so low, one of my favorite shooters of all time.
132. Stranglehold - Neat attempt at turning a John Woo film into a video game
133. Call of Juarez - The franchise would both get better and worse than this installment, cool stuff, though.
134. The Thing - Man this was such a cool idea, the ability to test team members and you had to monitor their fear and trust levels? Really needs a new version.
135. Resistance 2 - Don't get why this game gets so much shit, I loved it
136. SOCOM II - I had fun with it, didn't go crazy over it, though.
137. Freedom Fighters - Neat little forgotten gem
138. Far Cry 2 - The first foray into full open world for this franchise was rough around the edges but some of its charms still haven't been replicated since.
139. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - Fun at the time, can't imagine it holds up well, though.
140. Team Fortress Classic - First online MP game I really loved. Of course, that was actually in the late '90s but this site only lists proper releases

And that's as many games as the site lists (I'd have to go year by year to get more to list) which is fine, there's more games I've played, maybe even games I prefer to some of these but this feels like enough for now.

Agree with most of your list and would add:

Warcraft 3
Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne
Sands of Time
Splinter Cell
Starcraft 2

The list actually isn't my list, what I'm doing is going down the best games of the decade according to another site I use and if I've played the game I list it and give my impressions on it. My list would be in a different order.

Diablo II
Eternal Darkness
Majora's Mask
Rallisport Challenge 1&2
Resident Evil (REmake)
Resident Evil CODE: Veronica
Silent Hill 2&3
Street Fighter IV
Twilight Princess
World of Warcraft

Advance Wars
GBA, DS and PSP Castlevanias
OutRun Coast2Coast

From 2003-2009 I mostly quit gaming and almost only played online poker. SF4 and especially SSF4 got me back into gaming.

Last edited:

Ian Henry

Damn. You coming in the cut with these dope threads💯✊. Let me put ya'll on game:

Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken 5
SNK Vs Capcom: The Millenium
Batman Arkham Asylum
Abe's World: Munch's Odyssey
Virtua Fighter 4
Dead Or Alive 2
Dead Or Alive 3
Dead Or Alive 4
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Jak 2
Jak 3
R&C 2002
Ratchet & Clank: Up You Arsenal
R&C: Tools Of Destruction
R&C: A Crack In Time
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantays XII
Vagrant Story
Twisted Metal Black
God Of War
God Of War 2
Chronicles Of Riddick
Doom 3
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Resident Evil REmake
Resident Evil 4
Haunting Ground
Clock Tower 3
Siren
Ape Escape 2
Infamous
Enslaved Odyssey
Manhunt
Bully
Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within
Soul Calibur 2
Soul Calibur 3
Namco Vs Capcom
Tales Of Symohonia
Rule Of Rose
Kuon
Primal
Mark Of Kri
Def Jam: Vendetta
Def Jam: Fight For NY
NBA Street Vol 1-3
SSX Tricky
NFL Street
Phantasy Star Online
Billy Hatcher and The Giant Egg
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3
Far Cry 2
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Little Big Planet
Ico
Shadow Of The Colossus

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Here' some of mine in no order off the top of my head from the 2000-2009 era:

I favour games that run 60 fps unless it's a RPG open world kind of game where I cut the devs slack for slower paced and large scale content.

PS2
- Ace Combat 4 (10x better than the PS1 games)
- GoW (awesome, though had some slowdown)
- Gran Turismo 3 (smooth, cool replays, sweet rock music)
- Twisted Metal Black (loved V8 on PS1, so gave this a try. Loved it, but the cpu all gang up on you)
- Sega NFL 2k games (and I'm not even a big football fan, but the slick visuals and commentating were gold)

- Call of Duty games (I never played COD 1 on PC though. First MP games I sunk time into. Nothing bad except early games had mod cheaters)
- Fallout 3 (big open worlds)
- Skyrim
- Mass Effect (soap opera/sci fi style. Probably the only game I actually cared for watching the dialogue)
- EA NHL (NHL 09 and onward were sweet. Online EASHL was fun)
- Forza 2 (don't remember much but just having fun)

PC
- Diablo II (oddly hard, but like using the amazon with the valkyrie NPC)
- Heroes MM 3 Complete (it's a 1999 game but close enough! Random maps. Never played one campaign map. Possibly my most played game ever on PC)

Last edited:

PooBone

Halo: CE
Shadow of the Colossus
Silent Hill 2
Half Life 2
Psychonauts
Perfect Dark
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Metal Gear Solid 2
Resident Evil REmake
Mirror’s Edge
F.E.A.R.

teezzy

Banned
1. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
2. NHL Hitz 2003
3. Tekken 5
4. Killer 7
5. Simpsons Hit and Run
6. Final Fantasy X
7. Devil May Cry
8. The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
9. Mass Effect 2
10. Halo 3

GreyHorace

Going to be a long ass list here with some nebulous rankings. So let me do it by system:

PC

61WW8215QHL._SX342_.jpg

Baldur's Gate 2 Shadows of Amn (Throne of Bhaal included)

51H1058AMWL.jpg

Diablo 2

Xbox

1429-ninja-gaiden-black.jpg

Ninja Gaiden Black

knights-of-the-old-republic-box-art-pal.jpg

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

6c74b45a079064f97c450d7f255477db.jpg

Jade Empire

f445eded7bb66e23848c55ac10c4682a.jpg

Kingdom Under Fire The Crusaders

Xbox 360

Batman_Arkham_Asylum_GOTY.jpg

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Masseffect_box_cover.jpeg

Mass Effect

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fdavidthier%2Ffiles%2F2013%2F01%2F300px-Dragon_Age_Origins_CE_Boxart1.jpg

Dragon Age Origins

EDIT: Removed games released after 2010.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Jesus what a post :messenger_fire: i more or less agreed in no particular order up until 23, then skipped forward to make my post. I'll try do a better job of replying some time~

You're definitely missing age of empires 2

Jesus what a post :messenger_fire: i more or less agreed in no particular order up until 23, then skipped forward to make my post. I'll try do a better job of replying some time~

You're definitely missing age of empires 2

I actually am using a different website's order and commenting on any game I've actually played, it's not necessarily my order, in fact I should make a post with my order, I guess, lol.

Tschumi

This is impossible, I'm sure I'll miss some bangers.

1. Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors Expansion
> This is the game of my life, really. Well, perhaps apart from #2 on this list that was so toxic i can't bear to put it #1.. the first modern PC i ever had came with age of Empires 1 as a demo (alongside diablo 1) and, when my childish brain realised it, the full game on a disc in the top drawer of the computer desk. I first saw the Joan of Arc campaign's opening mission on a PC even in civic center, Canberra.. i wouldn't own the game until later, when i got mum to buy me the expansion, English copy, in Berlin. I couldn't play that without the Original game, which was only available in German.. so besides educating me about history etc, i also got a ton of German out of it :) thank you AoE!

2. World of Warcraft (Vanilla)
3. SSX3
4. Metroid Prime
5. Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
6. Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
7. Half Life 2
8. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
9. Civilization 3
10. Halo CE

Honourable mentions (got pushed off)
World in Conflict
Dungeon Siege
Age of Mythology
Rise of Nations
Football Manager 2009
Unreal Tournament 2k4
Conkers Bad Fur Day: Live and Reloaded
Resident Evil 4
Baldur's Gate 2
Icewind Dale 2
Neverwinter Nights 2
Serious Sam: The First Encounter (Xbox)
Counter Strike: Global Offensive (mp)
Global Operations (mp)
Diablo 2
Crysis

Total revision counter (updated while writing the post):

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Metroid Prime
2. Half-Life 2
3. BioShock
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
6. Halo CE
7. Dead Space
8. Grand Theft Auto IV
9. Crysis
10. Killzone 2
11. Crackdown
12. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
13. Deus Ex
14. Mass Effect
15. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
16. Burnout Revenge
17. Fallout 3
18. Counter-Strike
19. Red Faction: Guerilla
20. Black
21. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
22. Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
23. F.E.A.R
24. Uncharted 2
25. Dragon Age: Origins

Tschumi

1. Metroid Prime
2. Half-Life 2
3. BioShock
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
6. Halo CE
7. Dead Space
8. Grand Theft Auto IV
9. Crysis
10. Killzone 2
11. Crackdown
12. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
13. Deus Ex
14. Mass Effect
15. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
16. Burnout Revenge
17. Fallout 3
18. Counter-Strike
19. Red Faction: Guerilla
20. Black
21. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
22. Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
23. F.E.A.R
24. Uncharted 2
25. Dragon Age: Origins
#22 was an awesome game 🔥 (not to say the other games weren't also.. I'll have to add Crysis to my honourable mentions)

SuperGooey

Majora's Mask
Perfect Dark
Paper Mario
SSX Tricky
SSB Melee
The Wind Waker
Wario Land 4
Advance Wars
Metroid Fusion
The Sims
Legacy of Goku II
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Prime 3
Resident Evil REmake
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
The Wind Waker
Advance Wars
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
The Sims
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Prime 3
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5

Last edited:

Albion

My favourite decade in gaming.

Im not sure if this is cheating, as this isn't exactly a game, but the 00's gave one of the greatest og fanboy trolls, Chad Warden

Last edited:
Top Bottom