• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Favorite Marvel Games

I am inspired by the Marvel Avengers thread, everyone's favorite and ultra-successful GAAS game by Crystal Dynamics.

So what are some of your favorite Marvel games?

YvYtusi.jpg

One of, if not THE best Marvel games. An action RPG with tons of characters and bosses and fun overall across the Marvel multiverse.

1PpuIWQ.jpg

Thor: God of Thunder brings home Thor from the MCU. The Wii version is the best. Chris Hemmsworth and Tom Hiddleston lend their voices. Travel across the different Realms in an original story against the threat on Mangog!

0OwIykE.jpg

This brings back serious memories. It's a 2D platformer. Swings across levels, take photos and fight many different Spidey villains. The Sega CD version is even better as it adds a TON of content not in the cartridge version.

Last edited:
I wanna take you for a ride
When I was at MetalAlien MetalAlien house hanging out way back in the 2000s, we went out to his backyard and he plugged in his PS2 and a big projector and we played MvC2 projected on a neighbor's side of their house at night.

It was beyond awesome. Cars down the street were stopping to look.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Well we're going to go way deep as Marvel has a long history with videogames, though a majority of them were crap. But if I had to pick some of the best I've played:

marvel_ultimate_alliance_rerelease_header_1-600x338.jpg

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - I can't think of a better celebration of the Marvel Universe as a whole than this title. We visit every notable locale such as Mephisto's Hell, Asgard, the Skrull Empire and of course, Latveria. Awesome game.

Marvel's Spider-Man - I honestly can't think of any reason of why anyone wouldn't include this on their list. It's as close to perfection as we can get in a Spider-Man videogame. It's webswinging mechanics are fantastic and the combat is sublime. Plus, it has a surprisingly well written story that really hits all the right notes for a Spider-Man tale. It's the best representation of the character I've ever seen in any media. Bravo to Insomiac.

MV5BNjZmMDcxM2EtZmJlYS00OTMyLWIwZTgtYWUxOWU1MGFhZjBkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjIwNDE1NTU@._V1_.jpg

Spider-Man 2 the videogame - Of course. Insomiac's title wouldn't have existed if this surprisingly good movie tie-in game didn't pave the way with it's revolutionary webswining mechanic. Despite it's lame open world and being restricted by tying in with the movie's story, it's still a fun game to play.

51F9aXvfVxL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Captain America: Super Soldier - Supremely underrated title. While based on the MCU version of the character and featuring actors from the film, it tells an original story set in WW2. While obviously aping the freeflow combat from the Batman Arkham series, it's fun to knock around Hydra goons as Cap and throw your shield around.

51W3RGVT1HL._AC_SY445_.jpg

The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction - You're the Hulk. You go around smashing things. What more needs to be said?

91%2B8XeT7OHS._SY445_.jpg

X-Men Origins Wolverine the game - Like the Hulk example above. You're Wolverine. And you do what you do best. Never mind that it's based on that crappy movie.

f9cab6d46252f0bef2d96d858d3880ab.jpg

Captain America and the Avengers - This is the only Avengers title you need to play. And the best part of it? No fucking Gaas.

Oh, and no Kamala Khan either.

And a sentimental favorite:

18620-Amazing-Spider-Man-The-and-Captain-America-in-Doctor-Dooms-Revenge.jpg

Doctor Doom's Revenge - I am under no illusion in thinking this game is anything but crap. But it's still a nostalgic favorite of mine if only because it's the first time I got to play as Spidey and Cap in a game.

Last edited:
I can not for the life of me find a working rom of that Sega CD spiderman game
That sucks because it is such a damn good game.

Simpler time.. oh how the years have worn us down.
I know, right? No day one patches or required online BS or DLC or microaggressions.... just good ol'e 'pop-in and play'.

To this day, I still consider the PS2 the best console ever and this is from someone who started playing on a Commodore Vic-20 and Magnavox Odyssey 2.

Btw these two games were my first Marvel games.

C9nO3Ln.jpg

Not the greatest but a classic nonetheless. I had it for the Atari 2600.

WAUqKSc.jpg

I loved Scott Adams games. This was one of the few who had graphics. I have a whole thread I'll probably make about Scott Adams games.

Btw this is not the coffee drinking Trump supporting Dilbert guy.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Marvel Super Heroes
X-Men: Children Of The Atom
Captain America & The Avengers Arcade
Spider-Man Arcade
X-Men Arcade
Punisher Arcade
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Last edited:

kunonabi

Arcade:
X-Men vs Street Fighter
X-Men
X-Men: Children of the Atom
Marvel Super Heroes
The Punisher
Spider-Man: The Video Game

NES:
The Punisher

Genesis:
Spider-Man
X-Men

SNES:
Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage

PS:
Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro

Dreamcast:
Spider-Man

PS2:
The Punisher

Those are pretty much the ones I spent the most time on aside from Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge on the SNES.

Ceadeus

Btw these two games were my first Marvel games.

C9nO3Ln.jpg

Not the greatest but a classic nonetheless. I had it for the Atari 2600.

WAUqKSc.jpg

I loved Scott Adams games. This was one of the few who had graphics. I have a whole thread I'll probably make about Scott Adams games.

Btw this is not the coffee drinking Trump supporting Dilbert guy.

Sears video game system? What? I probably was not born :/

sainraja

While I enjoyed Ultimate Alliance for the little bit I played of it, the only Marvel game I really like is Spiderman PS4.

Fbh

-Spiderman Ps4: Just really fun, awesome visuals and the swinging feels great.

-Ultimate Alliance 2: Never played 1 but 2 was a lot of fun in coop. I liked it more than 3, I thought the visuals/art direction was better and I really missed the fun coop attacks in 3.

I also have really fond memories of this one:
168fac00e404ac142bc268e8ffed42e8.jpg

But it probably doesn't hold up that well.
And the final doc ock chase is probably the first time I felt actual stress in my life lol. That fucking scream man.

Last edited:

TexMex

iT68bbj.jpg

One of my favorite beat em ups. Really great game.

Outside of this, X Men Legends games on GameCube are some of my favorite co op experiences.

Would include the arcade game like everyone else here too.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
My favorite in CAPCOM's Vs series is Xmen vs Street fighter, but all those Marvel fighting games are among my favs.

A lesser-mentioned one is Marvel Puzzle Quest. Quite a few characters (though a chunk are "clones") and a variety of interesting powers. Since you get three heroes on your team (instead of the usual Player Character you make for yourself in Puzzle Quest) there are a lot of fun (and broken) combos to explore.

Tschumi

I remember a game on og xbox, or maybe GameCube, it was like a diablo clone but with superheroes.. i don't think it was ultimate alliance like on psp (a laggy mess), but something similar.. that's like the only one i remember playing.

Top Bottom