• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite main menus in video games.

Borderlands series because Claptrap doing random shit in the back and time of day in a main menu was and is quite nice.

Posted a BL3 because the song is really great and heres another Jesper Kyd themed main menu, a classic, one of the best.

Arun1910

For me AC Revelations...
The slower theme coming off the back of Brotherhood was a great contrast for many reasons.

It had a sadness to it, it was the last game with Ezio and Altair and wrapped up a nice 4 game arc.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Oh yeah that was awesome! I got the game by the end of the PS3 era but never really played it past the prologue but i do remember that main menu!

Like everybody said, the RTS stuff sucked. If they had just stuck to a third person action RPG or whatever, it would have been fine... Double fine.

In regards to ops question, I'd say Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Devil Mar Cry Series is the first thing that comes to mind.
Others include:
Phantom Dust
Splinter Cell Series (They are all good)
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy 14

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Rq2dwPa.jpg

sainraja

I think Destiny's UI has been pretty good in terms of visual style anyway (but it is pretty easy to use as well.) I also like the Uncharted menus for 1, 2. I can't remember how the third one was but I remember thinking that whoever was doing their UI was no longer with them because it didn't feel like it was from the same person. The Last of Us and Uncharted 4 menu weren't bad but it wasn't as stylish as UC1/2.

EDIT
Someone else already posted this but it reminded me of it; Halo Reach menu was pretty good too.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
OG Resident Evil 96

NEW GAME
LOAD GAME

That's all you get! lol. Game means business. There actually an options menu while you're actually in the game, I think you gotta hit select and then start. Has some weird control options within.

Last edited:

Sublyme

Neo Member

This was one of the first that came to mind. The feel of that game was something else for the time, and the title screen was perfect.

Mopey bloke

My favourite would likely be Ridge Racer V's. It looks and animates slick and has a cool soundtrack playing to it. When I first fired it up about a year ago, I just kind of wanted to stay in the menu instead of racing.

hqdefault.jpg

320px-FFXII_Title.png

hqdefault.jpg

ge97v5qd5z661.png

Metroid Prime is a given, Final Fantasy XII is a personal favorite, Melee is super iconic and Spec Ops: The Line won me over the moment there was an upside-down flag of the United States and the Star Sprangled Banner in a tenuous note. It's not the most fun game ever but it's super interesting and it's good to remember it.

Hugare

I can sit at Cyberpunks main menu forever. That theme song is INSANE.

I'd also post Dark Souls 3 if someone hadn't beaten me to it.

Then you press start and it goes to a .png background with a simple menu

The game in a nutshell: so many missed opportunities.

Aenima

Detroit Become Human with Chloe saying random stuff from time to time and diferent stuff as u advance in the game story.

Wonko_C

I've seen many channels dedicated to game music, game openings/intros, game endings, but not game menus, which should get more recognition. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and started making a channel dedicated to showcasing my favorite game menus. I haven't "launched" the channel yet and only have three videos so far, I still don't know I should really go for it or forget it. Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom