• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite FMV game

Quasicat

I pulled out my SEGA CD over the weekend to play some of my old titles and inevitably landed on my favorite FMV game for the system: Ground Zero Texas.

I had always been intrigued by FMV games, even though I was pretty bad at the first ones I played in the arcade like Dragon Lair. The FMV heavy games on the SEGA CD made these easier to play, like Night Trap and Double Switch.

So I ask you, what is your favorite FMV game?

theHFIC

Night Trap overall for its legacy in the FMV and game ratings era.

Double Switch was a good spiritual successor. Ground Zero was the best use of FMV tech overall.

How does Sewer Shark rank? It was horrible, but also it was probably the most played as a pack in.

Anki

Banned
I don't remember the name but it was a game with cowboys on 3do, it was made with real life actors.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Off world intercepter extreme

Totally garbage MST3000 rip off but some of the quips are amazing. “Hey isn’t he that little booger eater from bad news bears”

Last edited:
I don't know if Under a Killing Moon counts - but that's my favourite! Incredible game at the time, at least. Phantasmagoria was also extremely impressive and fun when it was new.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
The X Files (PC/PS1).

It's also my favourite tv show of all time, so it makes sense. It was filmed with the same cameras/crew/actors as on the show. It's a really authentic experience, but not without its flaws.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
The Daedalus Encounter, you can probably imagine why:

daedalus-encounter-tia-carr.jpg

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Idk, probably Rebel Assault 2. X-Files kinda treads the line between FMV and actual normal adventure game, if it counts then might as well count the likes of Riven (or Gabriel Knight 2) and there are plenty actually good games in that style. Like, adventure games that cleverly use FMV well, not FMV games with all their limitations.

Last edited:

Tuff McNutt

I have a soft spot for Supreme Warrior since it was the last thing filmed in the old Shaw Brothers "Shaw Town" backlot. Probably my favorite one is Corpse Killer though.

Just FYI if you have a PS4, a few of the FMV games like Corpse Killer and Night Trap got pretty nice 25th anniversary editions.

Bartski

Gold Member
Mad Dog McCree right after hooking up that latest bleeding-edge future technology CD-ROM drive to my top of the line 486DX2. Holy shit that was BAD but I loved it.

Top Bottom