• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You live in LA? Watch out for “Black Death" and Typhus

keraj37

source
The city of Los Angeles is quickly descending into a cesspool of decay and disease. With bubonic plague now likely present amongst residents, the city and the state of California are on the verge of becoming a third-world hellscape. Some say that that’s already happened...
typhus-los-angeles-rat-infested-slums-spread-disease-111118.jpg

Tucker Carlson had historian Victor Davis Hanson on his show just last week, where the latter said that California is on the verge of becoming the nation’s first Third World state. From trash being illegally dumped to city hall becoming a rat-infested den in the city of LA, it all points to the decay suffered when Democrats run things. Even police stations in the city are loaded with rats and according to Townhall, one was fined $5,000 over its conditions that left one officer stricken with typhoid fever. California’s descent has gotten to the point where there is a possibility that bubonic plague (the black death) may now be present in the city.

162869270.jpg.0.jpg

This isn’t new information either. Typhus outbreaks were being reported back in February. Typhus is not transmitted person-to-person, and flea-borne typhus can spread to people from infected fleas and their feces. Typhus infection can be prevented through flea control measures on pets, using insect repellent to avoid flea bites and clearing areas that can attract wild or stray animals like cats, rats, and opossums, according to the Department of Public Health.
Typhus is spread by fleas hitching a ride on rats. While the general population struggles under the weight of the government (local, state, and federal in LA’s case) and the homeless population continues to climb up, the same cannot be said for the rats that carry fleas the cause typhus. The rat population in LA is doing just fine, however, as piles of garbage dot the cityscape, making it Thanksgiving Day every day for the city’s fat, happy rodents, wrote the American Thinker. -SHTFPlan

California’s burgeoning homeless camps are not the most hygienic places to live, obviously. And with the homeless population growing daily, the encampments are becoming more dangerous when it comes to crime and disease. Dr. Drew Pinsky said this month that there has been a total and complete breakdown of services in the city that has placed the population at risk of infection and other health-related issues.
“We have a complete breakdown of the basic needs of civilization in Los Angeles right now,” Pinsky told Fox News host Laura Ingraham.
“We have the three prongs of airborne disease, tuberculosis is exploding, rodent-borne. We are one of the only cities in the country that doesn’t have a rodent control program, and sanitation has broken down.”

insky said bubonic plague, which is also known as the “Black Death,” a pandemic that killed off millions in the 14th century, is “likely” already present in Los Angeles. The plague is spread by infected fleas and exposure to bodily fluids from a dead plague-infected animal, with the bacteria entering through the skin and traveling to lymph nodes.
This is unbelievable. I can’t believe I live in a city where this is not Third World. This is medieval,” Pinsky said, according to Fox News.
“Third World countries are insulted if they are accused of being like this. No city on Earth tolerates this. The entire population is at risk.”

I am sure many of you Gaffers live in LA. Can you tell us more? This really looks bad.

bronk

Banned
Oh its bad as hell. Im right here in Long Beach and there's homeless encampments everywhere. When I get off work in middle of night sometimes I say something to the crack heads walking my street. They check car handles and break into cars. Im not talking about simply homeless but, drug induced zombies that are wreaking havoc. I know it sounds mean but it is a real severe problem. They obviously need help. The city needs to do something. I'm too dumb to think of a solution but I know Dr. Drew said most of them dont care about shelter, they need psychiatric help...idk

Last edited:

tkscz

This news doesn't reach outside of LA or at least it barely does. I still hear people wanting to move to California to which I warn them that it's getting increasingly harder to live there just due to how costly it gets. It was one of the reasons why so many people are leaving the state, can't afford to live there and would just end up homeless.

Wimbledon

While i can't post the videos , since i'm at work, there were several videos where a guy recorded himself i believe walking down the streets of LA. It was like that video where the girl walks down the streets while guys are catcalling her, except its first person perspective. Nothing but tarps, homeless people loitering near the gas stations camps all over the place on the sidewalks , it doesn't look pretty.

I believe it was called Skid Row. I don't live in LA but i do remember seeing the video it was very unpleasant to see.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
While i can't post the videos , since i'm at work, there were several videos where a guy recorded himself i believe walking down the streets of LA. It was like that video where the girl walks down the streets while guys are catcalling her, except its first person perspective. Nothing but tarps, homeless people loitering near the gas stations camps all over the place on the sidewalks , it doesn't look pretty.

I believe it was called Skid Row. I don't live in LA but i do remember seeing the video it was very unpleasant to see.

Tesseract

Banned
that's some shameful shit, but i dunno what you do to clean it up as it's some kinda strange concentration of cancer

Last edited:

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
In recent years, it seems like West Coast cities in general are having a competition to see which one can become a distopian hellscape the fastest as San Francisco, Seattle, and Vancouver also have pretty bad homeless problems with all of the crime and drug use associated with it. The frustrating part is that a lot of this is a mental health issue but a lot of politicians are dragging their heels to do anything about it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
LA will recover, I don't know how, maybe stop taking in so many immigrants? I think the tent city videos and pics is highly emotional, I don't know if I'd choose to live on the street like that.

Im in Van Nuys. in LA..it can be filthy here, i see tents under the freeway bridge down the block all the time. Where the old toys r us used to be, there was a guy who was building a mini house out of trash every other day. Everytime i passed by he was tying wooden slats ond large stacks of cardboard together to make walls. I really really really hope my Coe comes through next week so i can be gone forever....im terrified right now that it may get denied.

Last edited:

Sybrix

What are the homelessness laws in the US?

I live in the UK, anyone who becomes homeless or threatened with homelessness can approach their local council for assistance, if you have dependent kids or medical issues that render you more vulnerable that a normal person you will be given emergency accommodation and they will try to relief your homelessness by finding you suitable accommodation, normally via a private landlord. If they dont after 56 days from when you approach the local authority make a decision whether they have a duty to house you, if they owe you that duty it cannot end until you have been housed into suitable accommodation for a period of 12 months or more, in the interim you will get temporary accommodation.

In the US does it vary state to state or is their a country wide law on homelessness?

norm9

Under whose orders?
Recent law says that cops can't take homeless people's stuff anymore. So all that trash is technically property, as is the tent.

My work has a bunch of rv's parked out front and meter maids don't ticket them or make them move because people living in rv's are immune from tickets for some asinine reason.

That said, I'd be pissed if some fucker gave me the plague.

Last edited:

juliotendo

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but LA’s problem is unsolvable, they’ve already let it get too far. Now it will always be an issue of trying to maintain it.

Those homeless and vagrants on skid row are never going to amount to anything. You’re not going to transform them into productive taxpayers of society or are they going to go on and do great things. They’re incapable of leading a meaningful life. They’re all mentally ill and beyond treatment. It’s just a matter of them either overdosing themselves and dying, or killing each other on the streets that will solve the issue until there aren’t any left.

You can keep throwing money at the problem, and no amount of city programs are going to solve it.

Last edited:

Winter John

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but LA’s problem is unsolvable, they’ve already let it get too far. Now it will always be an issue of trying to maintain it.

Those homeless and vagrants on skid row are never going to amount to anything. You’re not going to transform them into productive taxpayers of society or are they going to go on and do great things. They’re incapable of leading a meaningful life. They’re all mentally ill and beyond treatment.

You can keep throwing money at the problem, and no amount of city programs are going to solve it.

Lol. You actually posted this dumb shit. I read it 20 minutes ago and I'm still laughing at it.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Lol. You actually posted this dumb shit. I read it 20 minutes ago and I'm still laughing at it.

Except he’s right. At this point there would have to be a major overhaul of the state government and complete change of mindset, not to save this generation or the next but maybe the two beyond it. Cali is so far in debt that it’s beyond embarrassment. It’s an abysmal failure that should be mourned over. They are also overrun with illegal immigrants whom they refuse to deport and even if they wanted to, they can’t because so much of the work force is made up of illegals their economy would collapse if they did.

LA and San Fran are cesspools. And what kills me about the people that live there is that they have no idea how good they can have it if they just put in a few good years of hard work IN ANOTHER STATE. Literally, do the Pursuit of Happyness thing and pick your shit up and move and work like a dog until you make it.

If you are not hopelessly addicted to drugs or physically disabled you totally have the choice to do just that here in the good ole USofA. My dad did it coming from the streets of Brooklyn in a single parent home. He got out of the big city, kicked the drug habit and made it fucking work. And now me and my siblings benefit from his and my mom’s sacrifice.

But they won’t do it. Why? Because they are either undereducated or hooked on drugs or have a rap sheet. One things for sure: they all have the mindset that it will never get better. I’ve worked with enough homeless to know they have a complete lack of willpower. A boss mistreats them, they quit and go back on the streets. Can’t find a babysitter, quit and go back on the streets. It is very sad to see them do this to themselves but it gets to the point where a city or any charity can no longer help them.

I may feel sorry for those people, but as for the ones that choose to remain homeless for no good reason: fine. Do what you want. But make sure to remember that when your tooth starts to ache, do not ask the state for a fucking dime. Pay for the dentist yourself. Need to go in for a cancer screening? Pay for it yourself. You oopsied and had a couple of kids? Pay for their education your damn self.

Last edited:

Tehvenom

Im in Van Nuys. in LA..it can be filthy here, i see tents under the freeway bridge down the block all the time. Where the old toys r us used to be, there was a guy who was building a mini house out of trash every other day. Everytime i passed by he was tying wooden slats ond large stacks of cardboard together to make walls. I really really really hope my Coe comes through next week so i can be gone forever....im terrified right now that it may get denied.
Yup down Sherman way, it's been really bad in the valley that they're building huts everywhere.

Except he’s right. At this point there would have to be a major overhaul of the state government and complete change of mindset, not to save this generation or the next but maybe the two beyond it. Cali is so far in debt that it’s beyond embarrassment. It’s an abysmal failure that should be mourned over. They are also overrun with illegal immigrants whom they refuse to deport and even if they wanted to, they can’t because so much of the work force is made up of illegals their economy would collapse if they did.

LA and San Fran are cesspools. And what kills me about the people that live there is that they have no idea how good they can have it if they just put in a few good years of hard work IN ANOTHER STATE. Literally, do the Pursuit of Happyness thing and pick your shit up and move and work like a dog until you make it.

If you are not hopelessly addicted to drugs or physically disabled you totally have the choice to do just that here in the good ole USofA. My dad did it coming from the streets of Brooklyn in a single parent home. He got out of the big city, kicked the drug habit and made it fucking work. And now me and my siblings benefit from his and my mom’s sacrifice.

But they won’t do it. Why? Because they are either undereducated or hooked on drugs or have a rap sheet. One things for sure: they all have the mindset that it will never get better. I’ve worked with enough homeless to know they have a complete lack of willpower. A boss mistreats them, they quit and go back on the streets. Can’t find a babysitter, quit and go back on the streets. It is very sad to see them do this to themselves but it gets to the point where a city or any charity can no longer help them.

I may feel sorry for those people, but as for the ones that choose to remain homeless for no good reason: fine. Do what you want. But make sure to remember that when your tooth starts to ache, do not ask the state for a fucking dime. Pay for the dentist yourself. Need to go in for a cancer screening? Pay for it yourself. You oopsied and had a couple of kids? Pay for their education your damn self.

Damn.

Top Bottom