• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You Can Now Transfer Your PS4 Spider-Man Save to Spider-Man: Remastered (Double Trophies!)

ManaByte

Gold Member
NOTE: PS+ Save Download WILL NOT WORK

1. Load Spider-Man PS4 (it can be disc or digital and done on PS5 in BC mode).
2. Press R1 on the main menu to upload your save.
3. Load Spider-Man: Remastered.
4. Press R1 on the main menu to download the save.

It WILL unlock all of the Remastered trophies when the save is downloaded. So if you Platinumed the original game you get all of those trophies again.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wish they would have announced that this was possible right from the beginning, since I believe their initial response was "no, you can't do that". It might have tipped the scales and made me interested in the game.

But good to know nonetheless, for when it inevitably goes on sale.

Elcid

Banned
NOTE: PS+ Save Download WILL NOT WORK

1. Load Spider-Man PS4 (it can be disc or digital and done on PS5 in BC mode).
2. Press R1 on the main menu to upload your save.
3. Load Spider-Man: Remastered.
4. Press R1 on the main menu to download the save.

It WILL unlock all of the Remastered trophies when the save is downloaded. So if you Platinumed the original game you get all of those trophies again.
I’m debating not doing this just so I can replatinum it for real. The game is too good to not enjoy.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
But can I upgrade my PS4 copy to the remastered version yet? I don't know why they don't make this happen.

DonJorginho

Banned
But can I upgrade my PS4 copy to the remastered version yet? I don't know why they don't make this happen.
200_d.gif

Boss Mog

The way Insomniac did this was actually a godsend for me since my PS4 Spider-man is an EU version and my PS5 Spider-man Remastered is a US version and so if they had just used the PS+ cloud save I would've been screwed because game saves are region specific and incompatible with other region versions. Using Insomniacs method of uploading it via the PS4 game and then downloading it to the PS5 game seems to bypass the region lock so I was able to do it even though I thought it wouldn't work. I had restarted the PS5 version and was at 64% completion but I'm glad I was able to do this because I really didn't wanna to have to get ultimate in all those taskmaster and screwball challenges again.

HotPocket69

Banned
Is there no way to buy the remaster stand alone? I have the digital PS4 version with all of the DLC (not the GOTY version) and I see nothing about upgrading it unless I’m just a fucking dummy. Do I really need to buy Miles in order to access?

If so that’s fucking dumb and they need to sell this alone for $20. Hell I’d pay $30. I totally want to plat this again and I’m starving for some fucking fresh hot releases 😩

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

Is there no way to buy the remaster stand alone? I have the digital PS4 version with all of the DLC (not the GOTY version) and I see nothing about upgrading it unless I’m just a fucking dummy. Do I really need to buy Miles in order to access?

If so that’s fucking dumb and they need to sell this alone for $20. Hell I’d pay $30. I totally want to plat this again and I’m starving for some fucking fresh hot releases 😩
Nope you have to buy the ultimate edition of Spider-Man MM and if you buy the standard edition there’s no way to buy/play the remastered edition and it sucks and needs to change.

HotPocket69

Banned
Nope you have to buy the ultimate edition of Spider-Man MM and if you buy the standard edition there’s no way to buy/play the remastered edition and it sucks and needs to change.

God fucking dammit lol

Thanks homie. Unreal they aren’t selling it by itself.

Zoro7

Banned
I actually bought the remastered version on its own using a 3rd party website. It cost around £23 and was a code to download it.

BlackM1st

Banned
Does anyone even care about trophies anymore? Try and find trophy menu on PS5. I have a feeling that Sony gave up on trophies for some reason.

Skifi28

Good for you, you search in the most bizarre places xD What about it? Seriously? I need to explain? Why it's tucked away in the corner nobody ever goes during normal use? Did they really couldn't find a place for it in the main menu?
Trophies are part of your profile so you click your profile and get an option to to look at your trophies. I think it's pretty logical, I don't see the issue.

BlackM1st

Banned
Dudes really having an autistic shitfit over the two extra seconds it takes to look up trophies 🤣
Uhuh. Drives me insane. Actually not, I simply stopped noticing trophies existence.
Trophies are part of your profile so you click your profile and get an option to to look at your trophies. I think it's pretty logical, I don't see the issue.
I dunno, to me it looks like a step back. It's hidden away and the menu itself is absolutely counterintuitive to use. You can’t read the description most of the time unless you click the trophy. You can’t tell if it’s Gold, Silver or Bronze unless you click on it again.Menu being horizontal and not vertical also doesn't help with usability. So all in all, to me it looks like Sony just don't give a F about trophies anymore.

Top Bottom