• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now play Killzone 3 on PC with M&K support thanks to RPCS3 and KAMI

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
As Sony has no plans to release Killzone 3 on PC, the community has thought about doing the job themselves.

1a7b70f6e1d08dbb7975765a4fad88cf.png

A user on Youtube, Yahfz, shared a video that gives us a glimpse at what such a PC version could look like.
Yahfz used RPCS3 in order to run the game with 60fps, and used KAMI to then inject support for mouse and keyboard:

The end result appears to be amazing. Now as you will see, the game still displays the PS3 icons.
KAMI injects mouse movements into emulated games, and can be used in other PS3 games too. According to reports, KAMI also works well with Resistance: Fall of Man.

You can download KAMI from here. You can also download the latest version of the Playstation 3 emulator, RPCS3, from here.

More RPCS3 gameplay:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Hopefully the RPCS3 patreon sees a large increase as this is going to be the only way to play this games down the line at acceptable standards. I encourage everyone to try the emulator. Its getting updates on a daily basis and improving at a steady rate.
Even with an old I5 you will be able to play 2D games and titles like Demon's Souls and more. There is stutter when shaders are compiled but its only on the first run of the game.

Holammer

I think Killzone is a series with great potential that atrophied as a Playstation exclusive. One people will later discover with PS3 emulation.

Kuranghi

This is amazing progress but I really wish they'd actually recorded the footage of UC4 and KZ3 at 60fps. KZ3 at least appears to be locked to 60 but the actual source recording is 30 (verify this if you can't tell by eye by using stepping through the footage frame by frame, every 2nd frame is a duplicate) and then its uploaded to youtube as a 60fps encode, why?

I was excited to see UC3 at 4K60 :(

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
But the original Killzone 3 already supported Move controls and the Sharpshooter which is far superior to the so called 'mouse and keyboard' noobs use these days.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Hopefully the RPCS3 patreon sees a large increase as this is going to be the only way to play this games down the line at acceptable standards. I encourage everyone to try the emulator. Its getting updates on a daily basis and improving at a steady rate.
Even with an old I5 you will be able to play 2D games and titles like Demon's Souls and more. There is stutter when shaders are compiled but its only on the first run of the game.
i installed it but i can never find any sites to download the games.

same goes for dolphin and botw.

sunnysideup

Banned
It looks great even today.

I cannot play these games with the shitty field of view and unresponsiveness. But if they mod this, it would probably be splendid.

That moment when you spend $200+ to play a gay video on the heatsink.
Hey on the other hand, I paid NeoGAF Gold to get a gay guy a custom tag on here. (This was before knowing he was gay) It was much cheaper than $200 bucks, and his Instagram is full of that kinda stuff if you're into it. Of course I'm not, and I'm being forever stalked by this weirdo now...

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Would be nice if they remastered/remade and ported the Killzone series to PC. Not much games this year and prolly next so might as well give us some console stuff :)

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Forgive me as I’ve a tad too much wine, but couldn’t you do this anyway with PS Now for PC?

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
if a remaster of JUST the MP for KZ 2 is released it would be > than all the other overhyped MP games in coming.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
So I've been trying Killzone 2 and 3 today and it's working ok! The biggest problem while playing with M+K is you still feel it's emulating a joystick. Still better than expected.

Performance wise I get 60FPS most of the time except in heavy scenarios where it can tank at 40 frames. I play with an i7 13700K, 32GB DDR5 and a 4090.
But, I'm playing it for the first time and I'm experiencing some shader compilation. I also haven't done anything to optimize RPCS3 so there that.

Here is a quick gameplay I made using M+K, 4K downsampled at 2K . It crashed after 20 minutes unfortunately probably because of shader compilation or some setting to change in RPCS3

And a few screenshots:

TqbwHP.png
TqbxXm.png
TqbbkZ.png
Tqb5ri.png
TqbUvc.png

How do I use KAMI with RPSC3?
Late reply sorry I haven't seen your message.

If you still want to try it, get Kami from there. After that:
1) Extract it (I placed it in the same folder as RPCS3 but it's not important)
2) Launch "KAMI.Windows.exe"
3) Click the "On/Off Button" and map a key on your keyboard
4) Launch RPCS3 and the game you wanna play, Kami will detect it automatically
5) Once in game, activate Kami by using the hotkey you attributed on step 3
6) Done!

Keep in mind that you need to map the keyboard and mouse in RPCS3 settings too. For me it is like that with an Azerty keyboard:

image.png

LordOfChaos

Do they put all the SPU code on GPUs these days? Or brute force through modern CPU SIMD?

Wow the lighting and vibes on that still look great, I'd love to see a new modern Killzone that pushes the PS5, we can all agree to forget Shadowfall lol

Last edited:
This art looks fantastic at a proper resolution but I feel like the original smeared look had something special.

Versus the half-resolution 3D output, taken from the Digital Foundry article (left eye on top):

FcbTsxZ.jpg

The emulator colours make it look like Rage IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom