• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now play Final Fantasy 7 with 3D character models closer to Tetsuya Nomura’s concept art.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

NiNoStyle has been working on an interesting project for the original version of Final Fantasy 7. This mod aims to balance stylized Final Fantasy VII characters with 3D models in a style based on Tetsuya Nomura’s concept art.

On December 11th, the modder released a new version of this 3D Model pack. Naturally, this latest version aims to enhance your Final Fantasy VII playing experience, by improving some of the 3D models.

Do note that this mod does not aim to change the game’s aesthetics like the Advent Children pack. While the models are not as “blocky” as before, they retain their anime-like look. They are also not as detailed as the Advent Children models, something that will definitely please all FF7 purists fans out there.

In order to install this pack, you’ll need to install and run the manager from 7th Heaven Mod Manager page. Once you’ve done that, you can download the 7th Heaven compatible versions from here.

Animagic

Banned

NiNoStyle has been working on an interesting project for the original version of Final Fantasy 7. This mod aims to balance stylized Final Fantasy VII characters with 3D models in a style based on Tetsuya Nomura’s concept art.

On December 11th, the modder released a new version of this 3D Model pack. Naturally, this latest version aims to enhance your Final Fantasy VII playing experience, by improving some of the 3D models.

Do note that this mod does not aim to change the game’s aesthetics like the Advent Children pack. While the models are not as “blocky” as before, they retain their anime-like look. They are also not as detailed as the Advent Children models, something that will definitely please all FF7 purists fans out there.

In order to install this pack, you’ll need to install and run the manager from 7th Heaven Mod Manager page. Once you’ve done that, you can download the 7th Heaven compatible versions from here.

oh man, I love it. It’s like how I always imagined it could be.
I’ve never really cared for the photorealistic jpop version of these characters.

Fbh

Did the PC version of VII ever get a nice HD background mod like IX?

The problem with all model mods/updates is that they stick out too much compared to the background.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Why would you try to take 2D concept art and apply it to only the main characters of a 3D/pre-rendered CG game?

Looks off... because of course.

I think it looks awesome. I wonder if you can pair with the hd backgrounds folks are working on. That is my dream.

Its easy once you install the mod package (cant remember the name but i can look for it if you want) as the backgrounds along with pretty much everything are all unpacked and just sit as image files that can be swapped in and out.

Watching that video/gameplay just leaves me even more baffled they went the direct they did with the Remake.

Last edited:
Its easy once you install the mod package (cant remember the name but i can look for it if you want) as the backgrounds along with pretty much everything are all unpacked and just sit as image files that can be swapped in and out.

Watching that video/gameplay just leaves me even more baffled they went the direct they did with the Remake.
I have never gotten into this, but am tempted to try the mod scene with FF7. I REALLY like the hd background recreations and this character mod. It feels like the version of FF7 I've always wanted.

I have never gotten into this, but am tempted to try the mod scene with FF7. I REALLY like the hd background recreations and this character mod. It feels like the version of FF7 I've always wanted.

Ill have a hunt around for what I used vs whats changed/updated and then post my findings.

Off the top of my head, Tifas mod was one of them. It comes bundled with like 20GB of options. May be out of date how ever.

Seems FF7 Bootleg - Tifas Mod/Package has been replaced with 7th Heaven.

Bootleg is officially dead, and 7th Heaven is now the tool you want to use instead.

Bootleg is an extremely old project, its legacy code is a mess, and 7th Heaven is doing a much better job at what it's meant to do. I am going to briefly go over the reasons why Bootleg is dead.

- 7th Heaven has long superseded it;
- It's old, and has gone nearly 3 years without a single update;
- The old codebase is beyond hopeless, it's a wonder it even runs;
- I don't have time nor will to work on a project alone without any help;
- I prefer to focus on other projects.

Consider this an official notice from the only person that was still involved in Bootleg. I will now move to do other things. I may or may not remain active on the forums, but Bootleg is now an artifact of the past regardless.

-Vgr

Yeah, everything you need is in that 7th Heaven link.

Im sure if these are included as the 7th heaven link doesnt appear to have any image previews of its contents beside the menu.

Last edited:

PanzerAzel

This is the art direction they should’ve gone for the remake. The realistic nature of the new characters is generic as fuck and lacks any personality.

Top Bottom