• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoko Taro's Crazy MHRise Story Idea

killatopak

Gold Member
Fan translation from his official tweet:

As I play MHRise, here is a story I thought up

- After the tutorial there is a rampage and the buff old man acts as a shield to save everyone but dies. In fact, he dies due to a mistake made by the player.
- Either the dango girl or the buddy plaza kid dies. The one who doesn’t falls into darkness and sets fire to Kamura village. The chorus from the buddy plaza BGM no longer plays.
- The last boss arrives but nothing you can do will harm it, but you can sacrifice one of the twins and make a weapon out of her that will damage it. You the player has the choose which of the girls. After creating the weapon, there is no longer singing in the village BGM.
- As main characters die out, they are replaced by the store generic NPCs, and they start to come to the conclusion that the player is a danger to the village. They start restricting items and weapons, making the game more difficult.
- During a super hard quest, the target monster is able to talk. They tell you the “true meaning” behind the monsters and Kamura village, and we learn the reason why our hunter has a voice in this game.
- After clearing all the village quests, the village is left asunder. You can only play online multiplayer. The players, who have lost everything, can only go on killing monsters in this cold and barren world. (Title of the game is shown)

Barakov

- The last boss arrives but nothing you can do will harm it, but you can sacrifice one of the twins and make a weapon out of her that will damage it. You the player has the choose which of the girls. After creating the weapon, there is no longer singing in the village BGM.
GIF by Busch

I love the Nier games but I think Taro should stay in his lane.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
GIF by Busch

I love the Nier games but I think Taro should stay in his lane.
I'm huge Yoko Taro fanboy and I agree with you, MH have very jolly atmosphere, there no need for the series go crazy dark.

GymWolf

I would be absolutely down for some drama monster hunter with some actual stakes during cutscenes...

YukiOnna

This is nice and all, but if he did that then it wouldn't be MH. I don't really need every game to be balls crazy. Just give me my traditional monster hunting.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I do love to see Yoko Taro work on survival horror game, it would be bat shit crazy and going to be amazing.

Horror games are at their best when they are crazy and weird.

Last edited:
Top Bottom