• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoko Taro and Yosuke Saito working on two new titles!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

200.gif

close if its old news

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
According to Saito, he received a proposal from Taro to make a certain game about a year ago, but rejected the idea as he strongly felt he would never want make such a game. But Taro was determined and tried to convince Saito with an hour-long presentation. While he was not easy to convince, Saito accepted Yoko Taro’s proposal as a result, and development of the game was decided. However, even now one year later, Saito admits he is less than enthusiastic about it, stating, “If I could quit, I would.”
I don't know if that sounds like a new masterpiece or a piece of crap. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Seems like great news to end the year. Hope one of them is a new entry in the Nier series.

Jeeves

According to Saito, he received a proposal from Taro to make a certain game about a year ago, but rejected the idea as he strongly felt he would never want make such a game. But Taro was determined and tried to convince Saito with an hour-long presentation. While he was not easy to convince, Saito accepted Yoko Taro’s proposal as a result, and development of the game was decided. However, even now one year later, Saito admits he is less than enthusiastic about it, stating, “If I could quit, I would.”
Only these guys would tease a new project by saying "I'm already tired of it", lmao

Guilty_AI

IDK, I avoided automata for so long because one glance at 2B's design and the game looked like standard weebo coomer bs.
You shouldn't. Booty or not, the standards of storytelling and game design in Nier Automata are way above that of western AAA titles.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You shouldn't. Booty or not, the standards of storytelling and game design in Nier Automata are way above that of western AAA titles.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Saito who?

googles

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (Video Game) (executive producer)

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yucky Taro's next game is literally a mobile game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yumi

Excited. Probably not a mobile game since Sinoalice is already out.

obviously want more Nier, but I’ll take whatever from this wacko. Love him. Must be hard to be Saito haha.

lachesis

Yoko Taro always pushes something different/new - so I'm wondering what kind of game he'd be pushing this time? I'd be little bit surprised if he stuck to the Nier Automata formula.

Then again he's really on the spotlight after the success of Nier Automata, so I'm sure the pressure must be enormous...

I remember an interview with Taro where he said that at one time during Automata's development he turned to Squeenix and said he wanted to do a game that you could beat in 5 minutes lol. Taro is 100% based.

Royal-Slime

Banned
I'm guessing the project Saito doesn't want to work on is Drakengard 4, more satiric and more offensive to genre tropes than Drakengard 3 was. Yosuke Saito seems like a more light-hearted man and he also mentioned one of his favorite characters from NieR is Yona from Replicant. I just don't see him being very happy about Drakengard knowing how dark it is (first two games) and how satiric was the third one.

And the other one is probably next NieR. But then again, why would Platinum Games make that Babylon's Fall game which is fantasy action RPG same as NieR? It doesn't make any sense unless Babylon's Fall is NieR (which makes sense). They did say that they're working on two projects apart from Babylon, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom