• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yara Shahidi to Play Tinkerbell in Disney's Live-Action 'Peter Pan'

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I've got pretty high hopes for this film. It's directed by David Lowery, who besides generally being a top-notch director, also directed Disney's current best remake, Pete's Dragon. Disney's already let him create one smaller project not compromised in the name of creating a blockbuster, so hopefully they'll let him do it again.

sol_bad

I've got pretty high hopes for this film. It's directed by David Lowery, who besides generally being a top-notch director, also directed Disney's current best remake, Pete's Dragon. Disney's already let him create one smaller project not compromised in the name of creating a blockbuster, so hopefully they'll let him do it again.

I didn't know the director so looked him up. Petes Dragon was good, I've heard good things about A Ghost Story and The Old Man and the Gun and The Green Knight looks great.
I'm more interested in this film now.
:)

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I didn't know the director so looked him up. Petes Dragon was good, I've heard good things about A Ghost Story and The Old Man and the Gun and The Green Knight looks great.
I'm more interested in this film now.
:)
I'm so let down by The Green Knight's corona delay :(

East Asian... Meaning countries like India, Pakistan, Iran, etc. 🤦‍♂️

Edit: I got my directions mixed up. It would be west or south Asia... Not east. *Picard facepalm.gif*
This is so much easier in British English, where that is our Asians, and the word for the American English 'Asian' is Oriental.

Slightly different languages are great!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
This is so much easier in British English, where that is our Asians, and the word for the American English 'Asian' is Oriental.

Slightly different languages are great!

Exactly. I hate the term middle eastern because ... Why? India isn't considered part of "the middle east" so what's the use of the term when India is right there next to Pakistan?

Using the term Asian as a catch-all is easier.

Armorian

Banned
Exactly. I hate the term middle eastern because ... Why? India isn't considered part of "the middle east" so what's the use of the term when India is right there next to Pakistan?

Using the term Asian as a catch-all is easier.

Eylenburg%2BMap%2Bof%2BRaces.png

Still a person of color. Like Taika Waititi.
This is such an utterly bollocks way of talking about people. As if somehow these two individuals share anything important in common, or are somehow more alike than either could be with a white person in any way, just because of their appearance.

Not singling you out mind, just fed up with this reductionist way of looking at the world.

As if white people are this separate, special group that has some fundamental quality that sets them apart from the rest of the species, and all non whites are basically interchangeable and have no real defining individual characteristics beyond the relative hue of their skin.

Coloureds, Coloured People, People of Colour, BIPOC, BAME, no matter how you slice it, it's all the same unhelpful, reductivists, cultural marxist, divisive, tribal, hateful load of toss, and I really hope one day we can actually move passed it and just treat people as individuals.

Top Bottom