• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza series general director Toshihiro Nagoshi comments on PS5.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Yakuza series general director Toshihiro Nagoshi shared more tidbits on PlayStation 5.

PlayStation 5

• Even after PlayStation 5 is released, I think PlayStation 4 is going to be the main focus for a while longer.
  • The processing power of PlayStation 5 is incredible, so when we try to think of new gameplay that will utilize its full potential, I’m not really sure which aspects of existing mechanics we should translate.
  • First there was a time when graphics improved, then there was network features, and now I guess you can say its a return to the “programmable” era? I think artificial intelligence and machine learning will continue to evolve.
  • If you would pour its power into graphics it’ll be the best that we’ve yet to see, and I think everyone is thinking about in what way we should use that power. I as well. There’s artificial intelligence and many other things I want to think about.

Reactions: TLZ

Blood Borne

I really do hope they return to the “programmable era” aka “focus on gameplay era”. COD in 8k is still COD.

I feel like gameplay innovation hasn’t happened since the start of the PS360 generation. We need innovation in gameplay. At least, Japanese developers have been making an effort unlike Western developers who only focus on graphics.

Top Bottom