• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon Xbox Series X Hands-On Preview

Concern

That's how most powerful console narrative dies.
No 1st party tittles with high-end graphic from MS, means that PS5 is most powerful console on launch.
Because it has tittles that can show that power.

These account suicides just for a driveby post are quite hilarious lol.

OT: Yakuza was never known for being graphically impressive, so not really expecting much. Gameplay looks smooth af tho. Regardless I'm not into turn based games.

BlackM1st

Banned
Why MC is so bad. WHYYYYY.

You have so many amazing characters and you choose to make a new series about 3rd grade nobody...Argh...

Yeah, I know, I'm part of the problem when game studios are afraid of innovations, but some things should stay intact if we want to save our beloved franchises.

That's how most powerful console narrative dies.
No 1st party tittles with high-end graphic from MS, means that PS5 is most powerful console on launch.
Because it has tittles that can show that power.
giphy.gif

Isa

Gold Member
So weird how Sega is giving the X the first next-gen version. But congrats to them. Got it pre-ordered on my PS, I hope this does well in the west. From what I played of the demo it was amazing. Really enjoyed the humor and cast, plus it was really fun trying to get the characters to line up for more cinematic fights. At first I was put off by the new guy but now I actually like him. I gotta go through in subs, been playing all the games that way, it'd throw me off without the original VA's. Glad its there for those that want it. I used to be all for dubs when I was younger, maybe I fell through the rabbit hole, and just getting to play and understand more stuff was a boon in and of itself. Going through 13 Sentinels with subs currently, just feels better for me.

Color me intrigued. I have Kiwami 2 to go through and then hopefully the remaining will make their way to Xbox as well. Is Judgment the zombie spin-off? If so I think I'll pass on that one.
Nah Judgment has a totally different protag and story, but has the same structure and mechanics. The zombie one is Dead Souls.

To clarify, my comment was made to suggest that after another 5 games of mostly the same fighting you will welcome a change.

Nah Judgment has a totally different protag and story, but has the same structure and mechanics. The zombie one is Dead Souls.

To clarify, my comment was made to suggest that after another 5 games of mostly the same fighting you will welcome a change.

Aha, I see. Will check it out once and if they hit Xbox.

I don't know man, what's not broken doesn't need fixing. I think if I wanted to play a turn based game I'd...play one...like FF or something like that.

Ha, you go into next gen expecting any massive leap on both systems then you'll end up saltier than you already are.

Both systems?

I mean I think that both will be capable of showing us a pretty big upgrade when it comes to visuals. Sony will be the first ones to do so and Microsoft should follow shortly afterwards.

T-Cake

In case anyone was wondering -

Yakuza: Like a Dragon will run at 4K at 30 FPS and 1440p at 60 FPS on the Xbox Series X.
In the case of the Xbox Series S, the resolution mode will run at 1440p at 30 FPS while the high frame-rate mode which targets 60 FPS will run at 900p at 60 FPS.

CobraXT

Banned
In the case of the Xbox Series S, the resolution mode will run at 1440p at 30 FPS while the high frame-rate mode which targets 60 FPS will run at 900p at 60 FPS.

The previous Yakuza game ran like shit on the PS4Pro at just 1080p/30 .. I am impressed that XSS could
run this at 1440p/30 with better graphics .. this like 2X the performance of the PS4Pro

Last edited:

T-Cake

The previous Yakuza game ran like shit on the PS4Pro at just 1080p/30 .. I am impressed that XSS could
run this at 1440p/30 with better graphics .. this like 2X the performance of the PS4Pro

Yeah, I'm not really familiar with the console versions of the previous games. I've only dabbled with Y0 on PC. But I posted all that before I read the discussion in other threads here.

Top Bottom