• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza: Like A Dragon or Persona 5: Strikers?

Karmic Raze

Which game should I get:

Yakuza: Like A Dragon

or

Persona 5: Strikers

I am on the fence about both. I loved Judgment, but I’ve never been big into turn based combat. Which do you think is the better buy? Thanks for the help! ^_^

Zheph

Very different games... one is a JRPG with your classic Yakuza touch and the other one is a musou

If I have to pick one regardless, Yakuza LAD surely

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I'm playing Strikers at the moment - unless you're a big fan of Persona 5 I think it would be hard to recommend. I'm at the second area and the gameplay doesn't seem to have exactly found it's groove (most battles are completely trivial then any boss encounter just takes forever as they all seem really tanky).

Dayspring815

Neo Member
I'm a huge fan of the Yakuza series and never played any Persona because I dislike anime artstyle, so my answer is obvious.

Last edited:
Having played P5 strikers and being a big fan of P5. I say Yakuza. Strikers seems fun and I will get through it. But Yakuza looks like a much better experience.

drganon

I haven't played persona 5 strikers yet, but I can say that Yakuza like a dragon is awesome. The story is probably my favorite of the series thus far.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Which game should I get:

or

I am on the fence about both. I loved Judgment, but I’ve never been big into turn based combat. Which do you think is the better buy? Thanks for the help! ^_^
I think yakuza like a dragon have more content.

So pick it

Hatsuma

Very different genres, so hard to pick which has greater experience. Now if you asked whether to choose between P5R or Like a Dragon, I would have said P5R hands down.

Hmmmm... for content sake, Yakuza.
If you're a fan of P5... Strikers
If you're concerned about value... Yakuza
If you haven't played P5R....get P5R lol

Yamisan

Yakuza has a lot more content and you'll be playing it much longer. Strikers is a very short game with no extra content at all.

Which game should I get:

or

Have you played Persona 5? Story-wise, it's a direct sequel.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Yakuza 7 is a great game. I don't play jRPG's and I still enjoyed it. There is some grind needed even for the main storyline but thankfully not enough to piss me off. The new city is awesome, Ichiban is a cool protagonist and the whole story is enjoyable (despite some slower chapters).

DjMystix

Huge huge huge fan of Persona series and loved P5 and P5R. P5S got boring very quickly. two main reason, writing is not that great overall and 2, persona is nothing without its social elements that don't exist in P5S.

I'm about to start Yakuza Like a Dragon so can't say much about it. I am also a huge fan of Yakuza series.

Rambone

Like others said, two very different games. One is a Persona-fied Dynasty Warriors games and the other is a traditional JRPG so you gotta figure out what you are in the mood for. You want fast paced action smashing through waves of enemies or do you want a turn based JRPG based on the Yakuza franchise (which you don't even need to know anything about to get into Like a Dragon).

Top Bottom