• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSX or PS5: The Decision I Need To Make

Status
Not open for further replies.

sircaw

Banned
Where the fuck do you get this stupid ass ides that a Xbox Series X is more easier to find and will become more cheaper? Like what the hell? ---- First off just because it's an Xbox does not mean shit, second it will not become cheap and still to this day it's hard to find. Like lol wtf?
Do you have Tourettes are something, your always so damn FUCKING AGRESSIVE IN ALL YOUR FUCKING POSTS "lollipop_disappointed:

If your not Phil's son, Chill the FUCK out dude.

Peace and hugs to you :messenger_grinning:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
still better than whatever ms is doing

Game Dog GIF by FaZe Clan

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Don't but anything by a scalpers please. Just wait and the decide for yourself if I can say, you already know what console you prefer.

trikster40

Don’t buy from a scalper. You’re only hurting everyone else. Let those douchebags sit on their inventory and go broke.

Zoro7

Banned
greatness awaits (another calendar year).
I don’t see you commenting on Xbox like this? They literally only had the medium since launch. Why don’t you say anything there? Not even cross gen titles? How are people so blinded by Xbox PR?

PS5 is confidently leading in sales so go with the one that has and will continue to have most gamers and largest community. It offers great and unique exclusives that are not pie in the sky like with MS promises. Also, Gamepass in not free 🍭 like some would like you to think here, it’s 180$/year if I’m not mistaken.

Oh, and don’t buy from scalpers…please don’t otherwise this scarcity nightmare will never end.

Last edited:
In general, from what I have seen, folks with both consoles and who are not invested in the “console war” seem to prefer the overall experience on the Series X vs. PS5. So there is that. But there is certainly no “wrong” decision here.

Last edited:

Warnen

I don’t see you commenting on Xbox like this? They literally only had the medium since launch. Why don’t you say anything there? Not even cross gen titles? How are people so blinded by Xbox PR?

That was more on the fact that they showed a teaser saying 2021 and still haven’t even anything on it. I’m sure it will be an excellent game, just not this year.

I don’t give a flying fuck about medium, didn’t even download it for free. Outriders was last cross gen game I played and it kinda sucked too. I was very vocal on that matter since I tend to enjoy looter shooters.

Dunno what MS’s PR has to do with Sony dropping a 2021 date on the end of a title card…. Well maybe now that they own Bethesda and they did the same with the next elder scrolls without the date…

Last edited:
Unless you are absolutely dying to play Demon Souls remake, Ratchet and Clank, and/or Returnal, neither console has enough games to be worth paying scalper prices. You're not really missing out on anything outside a handful of cool features (like Quick Resume or Dualsense) by sticking with last gen for a bit longer. I imagine by September or October the drops will be a little more frequent and it won't be "as" impossible to get either system at retail price (as millions more people will have gotten one already), so I would just wait, not to mention by fall you'll have a better idea of what games Sony and Microsoft will be releasing in the near future to help inform your decision

Zoro7

Banned
That was more on the fact that they showed a teaser saying 2021 and still haven’t even anything on it. I’m sure it will be an excellent game, just not this year.

I don’t give a flying fuck about medium, didn’t even download it for free. Outriders was last cross gen game I played and it kinda sucked too. I was very vocal on that matter since I tend to enjoy looter shooters.

Dunno what MS’s PR has to do with Sony dropping a 2021 date on the end of a title card…. Well maybe now that they own Bethesda and they did the same with the next elder scrolls without the date…
You don’t care about the medium great. So literally no next gen exclusives for you on your xbex. So why are you trolling about greatness awaits another calendar year when you literally brought a console that has that exact issue?

Warnen

You don’t care about the medium great. So literally no next gen exclusives for you on your xbex. So why are you trolling about greatness awaits another calendar year when you literally brought a console that has that exact issue?

becuase GoW will most likely be pushed to next year (if not further out). I bolded the word GoW in the quote, you know to indicate what I was referring to…

read drag race GIF by Robert E Blackmon

FritzJ92

I have both... you can wait... or get a Series S until you can find stock in what you want and sell the Series S afterwards... you'll still end up spending less than scalper price

Zoro7

Banned
becuase GoW will most likely be pushed to next year (if not further out). I bolded the word GoW in the quote, you know to indicate what I was referring to…

read drag race GIF by Robert E Blackmon
But there is still many exclusives released and releasing. So…….what is your point?

GloveSlap

Same here, except im torn between ps5, xsx, and upgrading my pc. Luckily you can't buy shit anyway, so i can just wait and see.

Warnen

But there is still many exclusives released and releasing. So…….what is your point?

Ok you must just be slow

Poster I quoted said GoW comes out this year

I said greatness awaits because it’s a play on the popular PlayStation tag line and in reference to that fact it will not come out in 2021.

Do you under stand now or need it one more time?

Last edited:
So, I might be caving in and paying scalper prices for either an Xbox Series X or a PlayStation 5. I just don’t know which one I should get. The PS5 looks to be about $200 more on average. I do have more of a library on PlayStation, but I like the rewards system and GamePass on Xbox.

Games that are on coming out on both that I am interested in or have already been released (my most prioritized) are: Knockout City, Resident Evil: Village, Judgment (beat it on PS4 already), Yakuza: Like A Dragon, Lost Judgment, Demon Slayer: Hinokami Kepputan, WWE 2K22, F1 2021, Back 4 Blood, Scarlet Nexus, and the AEW console game.

PS5 does have exclusives I want coming out like: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Guilty Gear: Strive, King of Fighters XV, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Final Fantasy VII: Remake Intergrade, Tales of Arise.

I’m just torn completely. I also prefer the XSX UI to the PS5 UI and I am not against trying to secure a console through regular means, but it’d be a bitch. So, flaming wars and fanboy crap aside, what do you think I should go with for my use case?
1. Don't pay scalper prices. I could see maybe paying for a bundle if it includes stuff you want or wouldn't mind having but just don't pay above retail.
2. If you are in the US (not sure how it works outside the US) just make a twitter account and follow the PS5/XSX stock accounts and have it set up to notify you on every single post. I've gotten 3 PS5s and 3 XSXs this way (not all for me but for friends).
3. Based on your post you want a PS5. You didn't mention any Xbox exclusive games. I love my Series X, but I would still suggest a PS5 to the majority of people.

Also the majority of the games you mentioned can be played on last gen systems. Honestly Ratchet is the only game anybody should be wanting a new console for outside of Demons Souls. I haven't played anything on either console that couldn't be played albeit at a lower resolution or framerate on my previous PS4 Pro.

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
Ok you must just be slow

Poster I quoted said GoW comes out this year

I said greatness awaits because it’s a play on the popular PlayStation tag line and in reference to that fact it will not come out in 2021.

Do you under stand now or need it one more time?
And this makes it ok? You’re just a tool. I gave you more than enough space on my screen with your drivel. Enjoy my ignore list.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Hmm.. that's a tough one. I would plan on buying both at some point in the future and you just need to decide which on you could wait on. I, personally, would buy the PS5 but I do want Starfield more than the PS5 exclusives coming out. Touch choice to be honest.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I'm on team buy both, if that means waiting for one or the other, so be it.

I have both, I'm not sure what I would do without one or the other, they both rock it out.

Flutta

Banned
Same here, except im torn between ps5, xsx, and upgrading my pc. Luckily you can't buy shit anyway, so i can just wait and see.

Its kinda easy, upgrade your PC you get access to games on both steam and Xbox + PS5 for its exclusives. Best combo.

Also get a switch when BOTW2 hits :messenger_beaming:

GloveSlap

Its kinda easy, upgrade your PC you get access to games on both steam and Xbox + PS5 for its exclusives. Best combo.

Also get a switch when BOTW2 hits :messenger_beaming:
Thats kinda the way i'm leaning, minus the switch. But i also really like the bc and gamepass on XsX. I actually had a XsX for a bit, but i took it back because the media player for digital files on it sucked compared to the One X (not sure if they updated it) and it was acting kinda weird. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but i was going to sell my One X to offset the cost of the XsX. Hard to justify having both a One X and XsX.

Once i have a way to play 120hz ill be in more of a hurry to decide. Need to decide whether to buy a 120hz plus monitor or spring for a 120hz Oled though.

GametimeUK

I prefer Series X, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that PS5 is the safe bet for a majority of people. You have all the first party games there and that's hard to ignore. Aside from that, that's pretty much the only thing I prefer about the Playstation personally.

Xbox has (in my opinion) the better eco system out of the two. The backwards compatibility is top notch, gamepass is good value, FPS boost is game changing. The store allows digital refunds, it supports VRR, 1440p output for when I play on my monitor.

I ultimately have to side with PS5 due to the games, but if you can live without Sony exclusives I'd say XSX is the better console for the reasons stated.

Bryank75

Banned
More on subject.... I'd avoid scalpers completely, the stock is coming, just be ready to get your order in.

I think going by the amount of exclusives you want on PS5, that is the obvious option... there will be tons of other games in the vein of those coming too.

Whatever you end up getting, enjoy!

S0ULZB0URNE

It's subjective. For me a PS5 is a million euro better than XSX.... but that's just me.
My stance is..

I would pay a scalper for more as I think it's going to get even harder to get one of these consoles as time goes by then we have E3+ Christmas shopping season which won't help.
I don't agree with paying those people more money but I do think the consoles are worth the premium 🤷‍♂️

I own both consoles and would not choose a PS5 over a XSX if it cost much more.
Console war BS to the side...I am not calling them equals but you can't go wrong with either.

Bryank75

Banned
My stance is..

I would pay a scalper for more as I think it's going to get even harder to get one of these consoles as time goes by then we have E3+ Christmas shopping season which won't help.
I don't agree with paying those people more money but I do think the consoles are worth the premium 🤷‍♂️

I own both consoles and would not choose a PS5 over a XSX if it cost much more.
Console war BS to the side...I am not calling them equals but you can't go wrong with either.

I'd pay more due to the games. The console may not be worth more on it's own but the games lineup for me is worth it...

But I can see some people that love Halo or Zenimax stuff going the other way. Of course.

I prefer trophies too though.

PS5... what games are you trying to play right now on Xbox? Returnal, Spiderman, DEMONS SOULS, and the new Ratchet looks fire out in a week or so... it was a pretty dry first few months but the games are starting to flow now.

Sounds to me like you’d prefer a PS5 based on your listed games. I’d advice you however not to pay scalper prices. It’s never worth it.

I would say get a PS5. It has a lot of exclusives you are interested in and you said your existing library is PlayStation based. The biggest benefit to Xbox for me is the backwards compatibility and future Bethesda games. However, if I had to just choose one, I’d pick Sony.

If you paying scalper prices you better go Xbox. At least with game pass you salvage your money for some time. Almost all the ps exclusive can be played on your ps4 pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom