• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSX or PS5: The Decision I Need To Make

Status
Not open for further replies.

skit_data

Where the fuck do you get this stupid ass ides that a Xbox Series X is more easier to find and will become more cheaper? Like what the hell? ---- First off just because it's an Xbox does not mean shit, second it will not become cheap and still to this day it's hard to find. Like lol wtf?
Did you read the OP? He says it’s $200 less than a PS5

Zoro7

Banned
These are all timed exclusives, so you will see them on Xbox eventually and maybe even on Game Pass, that will save you a lot of money.
Lol this is a theme that’s constantly popping up. Buy a series X and wait. Wait 6 months or a year to play the game. Then wait an additional 6 months for game to be on game pass. Win win!

Derktron

Banned
Also why do people ask the most stupidest question, you already know what people are going to advice you. Because Xbox still hurts them. --- I'm going to give you my personal advice, go with what you always played on, it helps out with choosing, now when it comes to exclusives, it's hard to say, Xbox now has the games and Sony will have the games as well. I would just get a PS5 if you can find it and if you want a Xbox just get a Series S or just try and build yourself a PC. Best of both worlds, PC and PS5. -- But it all depends on what you want. Nothing more or less. Coming on here and actually asking which to get is like asking someone when it my love life going to get good.

FR1908

Neo Member
Do you want to pay that extra $200 for those 3 exclusives? How many of those do you really need to play now? For me it's Demon's Souls, but all these months of waiting for a PS5 while playing on the Series X, the hype for DS has waned. Xbox is onfire at the moment and the real next gen trick for me currently is playing remasters of games that I didn't play last gen coupled with quick resume. I don't have a gaming PC, so playing games like Prey with FPS Boost is just as much a next-gen experience as a Resident Evil 8 I just finished. I can't think of a console launch window that made me play more on my console than the Series X with Game pass. It didn't have that Super Mario 64 or Halo in its launch window, but at least ~20 classics to choose from that I missed last gen with current gen smoothness.

In the beginning I also wanted to pay extra. Besides Demon's Souls also to experience the haptic feedback, but in the end we all know that this wears off or becomes second nature in a short time. I would definitely choose Series X for now if that saves you 200. Even now without the Bethesda acquisition paying off yet, it is a damn fine library.

Derktron

Banned
1) Don't buy from scalpers.

2) You cannot decide between PS5 and XSX ? Odd if you ask me, you should know what you really want.
He just went on here to ask for attention knowing damn well how these threads go. --- You don't ask some random idiots online what to get. 9 times out of 10, people will go with what is popular because of the fault of the gaming media. It's not hard to choose, my opinion, if you have a PC stay with PC but for games, get a PC and then get a PS5. Best of both worlds.

Birdo

Banned
Neither. You are suffering from society-induced FOMO.

Very few of the games you listed are coming out any time soon. Just wait until they are easier to find and have more games.

Lol this is a theme that’s constantly popping up. Buy a series X and wait. Wait 6 months or a year to play the game. Then wait an additional 6 months for game to be on game pass. Win win!
Nobody is actively waiting tbh. We're just playing game after game after game. There's no end to that backlog.

No Limit Buffet GIF

skakmk

Buy both Series X and PS5 when they are available at retail prices. If you own a one X or PS4 Pro, you can wait, there is no compelling reason to hop in yet (Judgement wont be on One X though). Don't give into compulsive/impulsive needs, discipline yourself, for there is nothing more putrid than buying from scalpers:messenger_grinning_sweat: .

While the series S is a great option, I don't feel it is the right console for people like us who frequent forums like Neogaf because we will eventually end up disappointed when it lags behind in performance comparisons. You can get a series S if you don't mind selling used it and taking a small loss in a few months though. This is still better than paying scalpers.

You can't go wrong with either console this generation.

Last edited:

yamaci17

You have to check out Game Pass catalogue and see if their games appeal to you. Especially if you enjoyed Bethesda games in the past generations, and if you like Halo, Gears, Forza Horizon and such, Xbox might be for you. If only a minority of Xbox-PC exclusives appeal to you, then you might be disappointed with it.

It's matter of preference between Xbox-PC excs and PS5 excs. I find Sony exclusives to have better written and composed narratives and I like those kind of games more. On the other hand, a friend of mine readily enjoys a wide variety of Halo games and is a huge addict of Forza Horizon 4 and the world/graphics they created there is also mesmerizing but simply, not for me, for example.

Karmic Raze Karmic Raze if you are going to pay scalper prices, just go ahead and buy yourself a Gaming PC with a RTX 3070/3080 (It's hard to get a RTX 3000 card as its own, but you can get new PC that includes a rtx card for a reasonable price). This will cost you the same as buying a Series X/PS5, but at least you will own a high end gaming PC, that also is able to play Series X games and also has Game Pass. But if you don't care about Xbox/PC games, just get a PS5 (though, i would wait and hope to get one for the retail prize - it's not worth paying the price of a high end PC for a PS5, but you do you).

If i wouldn't have gotten my preordered PS5, i would have used the money to upgrade my PC instead, and wait till the PS5 becomes available again. But since the situation doesn't tend to get better, i would really advise you to build yourself a PC (for the price you would usually pay for a PS5/Series X) and get a PS5 later when they are available for the usual prices.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Your money. Do what you want. I would hold and buy both for about the same amount you are about to drop on scalper prices.

If you have a decent PC you already have an Xbox. If you can get into xCloud and have a decent internet connection even better because you can use a tablet/phone. Not ideal but that should at least be able to hold you off on paying scalper prices.

As for which console? Only you know the answer to that. Again though, if you have a decent PC you already have an Xbox. Even a lower-mid range PC gets you Series S performance.

Last edited:

Bergoglio

So, I might be caving in and paying scalper prices for either an Xbox Series X or a PlayStation 5. I just don’t know which one I should get. The PS5 looks to be about $200 more on average. I do have more of a library on PlayStation, but I like the rewards system and GamePass on Xbox.

Games that are on coming out on both that I am interested in or have already been released (my most prioritized) are: Knockout City, Resident Evil: Village, Judgment (beat it on PS4 already), Yakuza: Like A Dragon, Lost Judgment, Demon Slayer: Hinokami Kepputan, WWE 2K22, F1 2021, Back 4 Blood, Scarlet Nexus, and the AEW console game.

PS5 does have exclusives I want coming out like: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Guilty Gear: Strive, King of Fighters XV, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Final Fantasy VII: Remake Intergrade, Tales of Arise.

I’m just torn completely. I also prefer the XSX UI to the PS5 UI and I am not against trying to secure a console through regular means, but it’d be a bitch. So, flaming wars and fanboy crap aside, what do you think I should go with for my use case?

saintjules

I've always said this. In the 6+ months since the launch you could have accrued the additional funds (if you saved and are working) to get a Console at a place like StockX at a $200 markup. And if you couldn't save the extra $2-300 in that time frame, you shouldn't have any business buying a $500 (+/- tax) Console.

If you really want one at this point, that would be the route to take.

Last edited:

It's true though, all these games he wanted are timed exclusives.

9ff19223638eda333d18337ac91fb9b9.gif

Mister Wolf

If you have a VRR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos capable TV get an Xbox. If you want to play Starfield get an Xbox. I can't stress enough how important VRR is. All the nitpicking you see in the DF thread becomes moot. John from DF mentions it all the time. Its even important for these games that have 120hz modes like Mass Effect.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
So, I might be caving in and paying scalper prices for either an Xbox Series X or a PlayStation 5. I just don’t know which one I should get. The PS5 looks to be about $200 more on average. I do have more of a library on PlayStation, but I like the rewards system and GamePass on Xbox.

Games that are on coming out on both that I am interested in or have already been released (my most prioritized) are: Knockout City, Resident Evil: Village, Judgment (beat it on PS4 already), Yakuza: Like A Dragon, Lost Judgment, Demon Slayer: Hinokami Kepputan, WWE 2K22, F1 2021, Back 4 Blood, Scarlet Nexus, and the AEW console game.

PS5 does have exclusives I want coming out like: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Guilty Gear: Strive, King of Fighters XV, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Final Fantasy VII: Remake Intergrade, Tales of Arise.

I’m just torn completely. I also prefer the XSX UI to the PS5 UI and I am not against trying to secure a console through regular means, but it’d be a bitch. So, flaming wars and fanboy crap aside, what do you think I should go with for my use case?

Follow your brain.

If you want to see how weaker console regarding performance on par ( sometimes better ) with XSX, then PS5 is your choice, alongside with already great exclusives to play.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Where the fuck do you get this stupid ass ides that a Xbox Series X is more easier to find and will become more cheaper? Like what the hell? ---- First off just because it's an Xbox does not mean shit, second it will not become cheap and still to this day it's hard to find. Like lol wtf?
??? My god so aggressive for no reason. Series X is literally cheaper where I live and they are in stock for over 24 hours when available. They also don't force you to buy it in a bundle with extra controllers and shit. It was in stock all day when I bought it and I bought it the next day in the afternoon. It's always like this with Series X since the beginning of the year. It's not worth paying extra for scalper price. You can even get it with "all access" plan if you're desperate.

There is just more demand for the PS5 so you have to pay extra (read the OP). It's worth it imo. That triggers you but it is what it is.

Seek help with your stupid call-outs and persecution complex.

i suggest following W Wario64 on twitter. this dude is a wizard with stock notifications and will greatly increase your odds of getting a system at msrp. also, i'd wait until after E3 or summer games events to make your mind up. we hardly know the fall/2022q1 release schedule and beyond. i think e3 well really help paint that picture.

I have both consoles and and gaming pc. i only play ps5 for exclusives and do all multiplatform on xbox with my friends or with PC crossplay since xbox live chat works perfectly on pc.

P.S. can't wait for AEW game! have very high hopes for it based on who they got for developers.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Don't buy Scalper prices. Period. Fuck that. I know waiting is impossibly hard but you're just "playing yourself" if you buy from these fucking morons.

Just wait, xsx has no games that is not available on older xbox consoles, my nephew is a xbox fan, he got the xss, after a fews months he sold it, his gonna wait for xsx to get some exclusive games before buying, even if it takes a few years. Xbox fans like me got tired of waiting, so i switched to ps, its gonna take a mighty effort, to ms get me back, as i dont really like shpoters or rpgs. If u like ps games, get the ps5 when u can.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Wait for PS5 to become available.

Get XSX for now. It should be in stock in the next few weeks. If you dont pay scalper prices you can afford both.

dcx4610

The question is, do you have a PC suitable for gaming (I hate using "gaming PC". PCs just aren't for gaming, damn it).

If yes, you'd probably be better off with the PS5 due to exclusives although that may be changing with their recent announcements.

I honestly prefer the XSX interface, controller and system in general but it's hard to make a case for the system if you have a PC. If not, you'll have to decide if the Sony exclusives are appealing to you or if you are mostly just after multi-plats and seeing what Microsoft does with all of the studios they are buying up.

Last edited:

Nester99

i got both at launch and if could only keep one. RIGHT NOW its Xbox. Later that might change when PS5 exclusives start coming out.

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
Don't forget that XsX will be getting some amazing exclusives. MS own Bethesda now, so if your going to want to be playing Starfield, the Sequel to Skyrim and other games that Bethesda publish like Doom, Wolfenstein and Evil Within series then you'll be wanting the XsX. Don't forget about the Perfect Dark reboot and Hell blade 2 as well!

The fact that all these exclusives will be day 1 on GP too already pays back the money you paid on the initial purchase, and that's not including other unannounced exclusives and other games on GP too.

I love that with a single GP Ultimate subscription, I get GP, The cloud service, EA Access XBL Gold and other GP perks like 4 months free on Spotify.

Also the fact that I get FPS Boost on many back catalog games is not to be over looked. I've recently been playing Alien Isolation at 60FPS on a game that was originally 30 and it breathes new life into these older games. Auto HDR is a nice bonus.

It just really ultimately what your looking for in a games console. I initially had a PS5 but sold it and got the XsX instead. I personally couldn't be happier. The UI is especially so much better than PS5s.

Just wait and don't give your money to Scalpers.

Last edited:

NickFire

Get whatever floats your boat. But please be careful about expressing optimism for WWE 2k22. I want it to be great, but the last one was a disaster. We can't let ourselves get too excited for the next one unless we want to risk putting the jinx on it.

Fredrik

I only have a Xbox Series X, PS5 can’t be found where I’m at, but today I would recommend a PS5. Similar performance and more games.
This might change any day though, it all depending on when MS start releasing games for Xbox Series X.

XSX is better for backwards compatibility though. And you’ll save a lot of money through Gamepass. And I don’t know if the door is closed now but if you’re lucky you can install Retroarch on it and then you’ll have possibly the best emulator box you can have for the living room.

Last edited:

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
i was joking but i guess it flew over your head. anyway, can i play those now?

Well no. But what exclusives can you play on PS5 right at this moment aside from DeS and Returnal? Not much. Spiderman MM doesn't count as that was also released on PS4 and The Astro game is just an expanded tech demo.

Both Sony and MS will take a few years into the generation before any exclusive big hitters are released.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Flip a coin. It'll give you better guidance than the console war that these questions always start.

Unless it's your first console, you should already know which system you want more. Both will give you more of what they had before.

Imagine paying a scalper for a videogame system. Again, stop relying on Wario64. Get on the discords, keep em on a second screen, and watch the chat updates. Once someone posts there's a console available, go get it. It's that simple. And instead of paying the extra scalper fee put it towards the other system. Don't be a bitch.

Reactions: MrS
I would probably just get the PS5 if you don't need the money too much. Keep in mind most of the people who are telling you no probably already have a next gen system and probably wouldn't get rid of it themselves unless for a huge profit.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Thank god god of war hitting this year, would hate to have to wait for that.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
PS5 you’re entitled to AAA games, strong ties to the PSN (assuming) and you’ll get weirded out by the speed (great weird).

SLB1904

Banned
Well no. But what exclusives can you play on PS5 right at this moment aside from DeS and Returnal? Not much. Spiderman MM doesn't count as that was also released on PS4 and The Astro game is just an expanded tech demo.

Both Sony and MS will take a few years into the generation before any exclusive big hitters are released.
''what exclusives you can play on ps5 besides the ps5 exclusives?''
also ratchet release next month. and gow and horizon are supposed to release this year. so i dont know in what way MS is in the same position as Sony

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
''what exclusives you can play on ps5 besides the ps5 exclusives?''
also ratchet release next month. and gow and horizon are supposed to release this year. so i dont know in what way MS is in the same position as Sony

greatness awaits (another calendar year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom