• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

XSX or PS5: The Decision I Need To Make

rapid32.5

May 3, 2010
PS5, unless you are poor then you may go to XSX ( gamepass).
i wanna go home tom hiddleston GIF

Nubulax

Sep 29, 2020
PS5 isn't $200 better than XSX.
Get a XSX.

Neither are work higher than scalper prices unless you really need to play Returnal and Ratchet and such. If anything id hold off on buying either until after all the E3 stuff and possibly wait til this fall closer to when Halo and potentially Starfield are out. For XBOX you are literally buying into playing old games atm lol

S0ULZB0URNE

Jan 27, 2020
Neither are work higher than scalper prices unless you really need to play Returnal and Ratchet and such. If anything id hold off on buying either until after all the E3 stuff and possibly wait til this fall closer to when Halo and potentially Starfield are out. For XBOX you are literally buying into playing old games atm lol
Strongly think both are worth more.

Varteras

Dec 5, 2018
OP, based on your post it sounds like you already know which one you really want. You seem fairly focused on the games coming for PS5. I think you know what the answer is. If it helps, consider that PS5 already has a handful of exclusive titles that might hold you over until the ones you really want. Right now, buying a Series X really won't provide you with much you can't already get on PS5 as far as new experiences are concerned. Its near-term list of exclusives, as of right now, is also much shorter. The way things are looking at the moment, it will be a few years before Series X has a substantial assortment of exclusive games. PS5's will already be fairly beefy by this time next year. The DualSense really is an awesome controller, too. PS5 is a safer bet right now, even if the price is higher for you.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Nubulax

Sep 29, 2020
Ok you must just be slow

Poster I quoted said GoW comes out this year

I said greatness awaits because it’s a play on the popular PlayStation tag line and in reference to that fact it will not come out in 2021.

Do you under stand now or need it one more time?

I think Power Your Dreams is more memeable because Dreams are about as close to new next gen games as you are going to get for an entire year on the XBOX system lol.. Also who knows when God of War will come out. Could be 2021 still, could be early 2022. Horizon is apparently also around and in that same window. Amazing to me how Microsoft is getting away with only having the Medium for LITERALLY a year.

But seriously for the OP ... why is simply waiting not an option. Is there something you cant wait to play or just HAVE to play you cant play on PS4 or older Xbox

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021
United Kingdom
Honestly Switch is a pretty great console! I concur lol. Buy a Switch and then wait til you can get PS5/Series X lol
Honestly in all seriousness had a go on my friends one and everything about the build quality screamed turbo cheap shit and pound shop special build quality wise, but the games were good and bought some nostalgia back.

waquzy

Nov 10, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
PS5 - more games, better(arguably) exclusives, Dual Sense, better resale value.

XSX - better BC, slight edge in performance, VRR and Riky support.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: ZywyPL

T-Barbs

Jul 27, 2020
New Tokyo
Both are great machines. If i was you, and considering that at the moment the XSX lacks new exclusives, i would probably buy a PS5 and enjoy.
It make more sense to wait for Microsoft to release the big games to make your money worth.