• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenonauts 2 - Official Gameplay Trailer (will be launching in a few months on PC)

fermcr

"Xenonauts 2 is a single-player strategy game where you lead a multinational force dedicated to defending our planet from alien invasion. Build and manage covert bases anywhere in the world, take direct control of your fighter squadrons as they engage alien craft, and command your assault teams in tense turn-based tactical gameplay. Xenonauts 2 will be launching in a few months on PC and a demo will be available at the Steam Next Fest in February of 2023."

Corian33

Really enjoyed the first game. I liked how you could customize your soldier builds way more in terms of equipment vs XCOM along with much larger squads. You could have like a dedicated medic, a combat engineer blowing holes in walls, riflemen with different assortments of grenades and stuff, room breachers, snipers, scouts, heavy weapons guy, etc.

Corian33

Just got the email too. Excited to see this finally jump forward to a more complete state.

I like how they’ve added an arc to the early game with human enemies then gradually bring in the aliens. Gives you some time to build up your team before they then get blasted in the face with a plasma rifle.

Skitso

Have people tried this? The game is currently in early access and clearly a WIP, but still I find it more enjoyable than, say JA3.

Corian33

Gave it another spin with the latest updates. Game is feeling much better than Xenonauts 1 and the older alpha builds for sure.

This is the game if you want something closer to OG X-COM with a modern interface. Very clean graphically and they’ve scrubbed most the weird bits of their UI. I love how you can customize your troops with so much different gear. Much more freedom than XCOM but of course without the special abilities and super powers. A much more grounded, granular experience.

I love all the games like this, and I’m glad to see this one is coming together nicely after so many years of development.

Top Bottom