• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM: Legends mobile game

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Adam Sandler Comedy GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

Blayze

Neo Member
It looks so fake but it’s apparently real?

Unfortunately, it's real; 2K admitted it to Eurogamer.

I thought the "XCOM Command Force" stuff from a year ago was a mockup or IP theft at first, just with the person responsible doing a little bit of homework online to find a company associated with 2K so they didn't have to make up their own company name for a fake picture. Other people posted messages saying they'd seen the adverts as well, but they could've been sock puppets.

When the recent footage came out--I don't know if the leaker broke an NDA doing that--a lot of us thought it was IP theft, but the active Twitter account says "optional in-app purchases" small print on the account's header image, and I think at that point someone at 2K realised the cat was out of the bag. There was a chance it was still fake until they admitted it, but that chance dropped the more circumstantial evidence showed up.

Rikkori

Hard to overstate just how disgusting this is. I know 2K is a spawn from hell's bowels, but even they should know that doing things like this ends up devaluing their IP & brand. After the great job that Firaxis did with reviving the IP and making not only good games, but legitimately XCOM 2 can fight for the title of G.O.A.T., it's very disappointing to see the direction things are going. Yeah, I know it's not Firaxis & they're doing Marvel XCOM but in the end because they don't have autonomy over their studio nor control of the IP, XCOM can keep being dragged through shit like this.

jaysius

Banned
OMG that "Incoming" voice sample were recorded in a bathroom, so were the other lines. This is amazing.

I can't wait for the shitty mobile Elder Scrolls game...oh wait, lol.

Top Bottom