• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xcloud: M&k support, less latency, 1440p resolution. Coming very soon

Ozriel

M$FT
Less latency is badly needed, but it won't be enough to be a viable alternative to gaming on dedicated hardware for many years.

It probably won't be ever. There will always be a limiting factor due to the speed of light and all that.

‘Viable alternative’ doesn’t mean ‘at the same level as dedicated hardware at home’.

If you’re capable of using a cloud service to play your favorite games without much additional lag, it’s a perfectly viable alternative. It doesn’t have to have the same visual features as native.

There’s folks happily playing Doom and Destiny on Stadia.

Ozriel

M$FT
yikes... if you can't tell those from native, the 2 worst streaming services out there... I mean... damn, that's some level of casual I didn't expect on such a forum

According to the casuals at Digital Foundry

With all that in place, let's see what we've got. Delivering such a rapid, supremely detailed game at 60 frames per second is no easy feat - especially avoiding detail loss through compression. I've got to say from a purely visual slant, Doom Eternal looks stunning on Stadia. Image quality holds up and every shotgun blast, every squelch of an instant kill takedown, and every skull lining the dungeon walls comes across clearly. Slow the footage down and zoom in and of course, we can highlight some macro-blocking, notably on darker elements of the screen. You can also expect banding artefacts in the shadows, but otherwise it's absolutely as good as you can realistically expect from a dynamic streaming platform.

I’d take Digital Foundry’s cred over yours, and they’ve said Doom Eternal running on Stadia looks very close to native…especially if you don’t slow down and zoom in.

Ozriel

M$FT
xCloud latency will always be worse than Stadia / Geforce Now, because the games run on XSX Blades/consoles, which already have worse latency compared to PC.
Wasnt there even a comparision between them all and sometimes Stadia/ Geforce Now had better latency than even playing natively on console?

Edit:

It was posted in this thread
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/digi...w-rtx-3080-cloud-vs-xcloud-vs-stadia.1628150/

This is not 100% correct.. It’s PC ( GeForce Now) that had lower latency than native Series X. Not Stadia.

There’s no indication that XCloud won’t ever match Stadia in latency.

RaZoR No1

This is not 100% correct.. It’s PC ( GeForce Now) that had lower latency than native Series X. Not Stadia.

There’s no indication that XCloud won’t ever match Stadia in latency.
I wasnt sure if it was Stadia or Geforce Now, so I listed both of them and provided the link after my edit.
xCloud can theoretically only match Native Xbox Series X (wich is sometimes even slower than Geforce Now) , except they move away from XSX Server Blades or find something completly new way to process XSX games.

Top Bottom