• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xcloud beta available today on Android for all Game Pass Ultimate subscribers

Xcloud officially launches tomorrow and they've announced the full list of 150+ games.

I've been playing the beta on my phone with a Razer Kishi and I'm getting a Nvidia Shield Pro next month so I'm pretty excited for it.

Titles I'm personally interested in:
  • Astroneer
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battle Chasers: Nightwar
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Crosscode
  • Dead Cells
  • Dead Island Definitive Edition
  • Demon’s Tilt
  • Destiny 2
  • Forager
  • Grounded
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • Hot Shot Racing
  • Journey to the Savage Planet
  • Lonely Mountains: Downhill
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of War
  • Minecraft: Dungeons
  • Mortal Kombat X (Not available in Korea)
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
  • Neon Abyss
  • Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition
  • Slay the Spire
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • Subnautica
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • The Outer Worlds
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Void Bastards
  • Wasteland 3
  • Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2

salva

so....

I'm from Australia and I know I won't have access to xcloud for probably years.
But, does anyone know if the local streaming from your own console to android is now in the latest update or coming? I don't see anything...

Similar to what is explained here:

It would be good if they released that to everyone regardless of your country.

Reactions: TLZ
So I have downloaded the game streaming (beta) app. Sign into my account and I only either have "learn more" or "sign out" Do I even have the right app installed?

Edit: Updating the app would help.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: TLZ

spons

Gold Member
So I have downloaded the game streaming (beta) app. Sign into my account and I only either have "learn more" or "sign out" Do I even have the right app installed?

Edit: Updating the app would help.
You need the Game Pass app, not the old streaming app used for the xCloud beta.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
so....

I'm from Australia and I know I won't have access to xcloud for probably years.
But, does anyone know if the local streaming from your own console to android is now in the latest update or coming? I don't see anything...

Similar to what is explained here:

It would be good if they released that to everyone regardless of your country.
That is this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.xcloud&hl=cs

DavidGzz

Surprisingly works ok on my works 2.4ghz router but I'm already back to GE Force until this comes to Windows. My phone isn't an XL so the screen is too small. Looking forward to the upgrade next year.

Allandor

So tried yesterday Minecraft Dungeons (because no connected controller needed for this game). Well, it might be my Huawei P10 that is just to old for this or well.. germany like always is not a priority for MS, but the lag made it really more or less unplayable.

But well, expected this as I tried Diablo 3 over the steam box years ago. Was not really playable just like this.

Last edited:

salva

Do you have there Hamburger menu somewhere?

Nope this is literally all I have. I've tired the streaming app, current Gamepass app, beta Gamepass app.... Meh it's all good.

yNKVfwS.jpg

sandkiller

Nope this is literally all I have. I've tired the streaming app, current Gamepass app, beta Gamepass app.... Meh it's all good.

yNKVfwS.jpg

Yeah, that's the same I get. Maybe you need to have the gamepass subscription active in your account? I know I don't have one and I see the same.

I have an active Gamepass ultimate sub...

Edit: Looks like it's not out in Australia til 2021, sorry.

You need to use this app
Or this one

I've honestly had better luck with the beta when it comes to cloud streaming. A lot of the times "play" won't be clickable in the normal app.

Last edited:

salva

Edit: Looks like it's not out in Australia til 2021, sorry.

You need to use this app
Or this one

I've honestly had better luck with the beta when it comes to cloud streaming. A lot of the times "play" won't be clickable in the normal app.

That's good to hear about xcloud!
But I really want to know about "console streaming"... from your console to your Android phone over wifi. There's literally no word or update on that anywhere.

Top Bottom