• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xcloud beta available today on Android for all Game Pass Ultimate subscribers

iJudged

Banned
Just got this bad boy in the mail yesterday and tried it out...I've never streamed any games before so this was all new to me. I ended up trying some games and I was impressed.

PS: I am using note 10 plus, and this controller is razer kishi.
razer-kishi-1.jpg

I see a lot of confusion as to what app to install, it looks like this
b61dcd37-35f1-4aef-9af0-c648e0f1cf77.png

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Coming from GeForce Now this feel so much worse. It's probably because it's running on Xbox One hardware. Most games are probably 30 FPS or worse, while GeForce Now usually gives me a locked 60 FPS.

Tangerine

Well this highlighted the fact I need a new phone! My samsung galaxy j7 isn't up to the task! I shouldn't be surprised really. From what I could play/test it seemed great to be honest. Much better/more responsive than I was expecting. Just a shame the screen tears/stutters... but like I said, my phone is shit!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Coming from GeForce Now this feel so much worse. It's probably because it's running on Xbox One hardware. Most games are probably 30 FPS or worse, while GeForce Now usually gives me a locked 60 FPS.
From what I recall, they are currently running XCloud on Xbox One S hardware, with plans to upgrade the server-side stuff to Xbox Series X next year. So that's gonna make a huge difference.

Darko

Just got this bad boy in the mail yesterday and tried it out...I've never streamed any games before so this was all new to me. I ended up trying some games and I was impressed.

razer-kishi-1.jpg

Just got mine as well, too bad the beta is closed for new people I want to test this baby out

MarkMe2525

Gold Member

razer-kishi-1.jpg

The beta that just became available is through the gamepass beta app. The app you posted is for a different xcloud beta.

DavidGzz

So, this works great even on my works 2.4 ghz router. I'm surprised. Still prefer if I could just download an app for windows instead though. Hate small screens.

Vawn

Banned
I got it working. A bit too laggy for intense gaming. I could see ot working for turn-based rpgs, etc. I haven't tried streaming directly from the Xbox though. Hopefully that works, since PS RemotePlay works flawlessly.

This thing works great. I managed to find an old Onn, Walmart brand Android tablet. The device itself is incredibly sluggish, but it loaded Sea of Thieves with zero problems. I'm kind of amazed how well it's working. The only bummer is that it doesn't have the hardware to connect to my 5ghz network. But it works. I've been playing with a lot of longer than I thought I would.

SpartanN92

Banned
I have 100mbps down and 10 up on a 5Ghz WiFi connection and it’s always run terribly. I think I just live too far from a data center (I’m in rural Kentucky).

BeardGawd

Banned
I have 100mbps down and 10 up on a 5Ghz WiFi connection and it’s always run terribly. I think I just live too far from a data center (I’m in rural Kentucky).
Keep in mind what device you're using makes a huge difference.

For instance the Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablets are horrible. They introduce severe lag and missed inputs for any bluetooth controller. At first I thought it was xCloud causing all the lag but luckily did a Google search and discovered this tablet has the same issues for everyone. Switched to a Galaxy Tab S6 and everything has been perfect. Same controller and same internet.

Darko

I didnt know the beta was back on, why didnt anyone correct me LOL'

anyways im playing halo and it looks and plays amazing and im on 2.4ghz wireless..also it remebered my save game from when I had an xbox like 3 years ago, I guess it was saved in the CLOUD :)

SpartanN92

Banned

For instance the Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablets are horrible. They introduce severe lag and missed inputs for any bluetooth controller. At first I thought it was xCloud causing all the lag but luckily did a Google search and discovered this tablet has the same issues for everyone. Switched to a Galaxy Tab S6 and everything has been perfect. Same controller and same internet.

Galaxy Note 10 :/

Sephimoth

You had me worried. The experience is good now?
Well I had to turn 2.4ghz back on in my dual band router as some of my smart home gadgets needed it. I retried the streaming, it was stuttering again at first with the 'you are on 2.4ghz!' warning, but then it switched over to 5gz automatically after a while and was running fine. I haven't really played with it much since.

Last edited:

nikolino840

Try the mobile connection

Well...my internet suck ( 20 down 3 up) but on 4g work better (i don't know if the 4g is more powerful then my home connection)

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Maybe we can agree its a mod lol

Same map with snow and new missions.

The Lost Legacy comparison hurts, at least that was a new area. This game is the map of the 1st but with snow. At least they prob cranked it out fast not having to make new areas.
If you have something like an Nvidia Shield the app does work on there, so you can play on big screen with a controller of your choice.

There may have been people that have got it working on Windows too via an Android emulator 🤷‍♂️

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Enjoy it Android owners. Would love to try it on my iOS devices but it’s not going to happen any time soon.

/salty tears...

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is it indistinguishable from a local Xbox?
When I last tried I think xCloud only did 720p and there was artifacting, but playable. Nowhere near as good as Stadia or Geforce now run on it, but now it's closer to launch it may be better. I may try a newer version of the app to see.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Is xCloud on mobile missing stuff like motion blur which makes 30 FPS better on consoles? I think it's awful.

Pantz

Works pretty good actually in my home. Outside my home, my city doesn't have a very good network so I don't have any real practical use for this yet. Cool for people who do.

I would be more interested in Xcloud for PC. Just as a way to try games out real quick, on a bigger screen.

Redlancet

Banned
So, this works great even on my works 2.4 ghz router. I'm surprised. Still prefer if I could just download an app for windows instead though. Hate small screens.
can u upload a video? because there is a lot of people me included with superior connections who notice the lag so i dont see how its great on a "2,4hz" when its not optimal at 5ghz

Redlancet

Banned

i tried on a galaxy s20 tab s6 xiomi 10,chuwi tablets and a poco f1,same noticeable lag

razer-kishi-1.jpg

What is this bad boy?

Shmunter

can u upload a video? because there is a lot of people me included with superior connections who notice the lag so i dont see how its great on a "2,4hz" when its not optimal at 5ghz
Distance from the xCloud server will be the weakest link in the latency chain. Someone with 9ms to server will get better experience than someone with 30.

Although android Bluetooth stack can have unpredictable latency between devices if using a controller too.

Sorne

I've heard that turning off location on your phone helps improve quality, and reducing lag. But haven't been able to test, since I don't have game pass ultimate at the moment.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
That’s great news, exactly what BC needs. Link please, want to read more about it.
Sorry, that I did not post it before:

Shmunter

Sorry, that I did not post it before:

That’s actually the best reason to revisit some old time favourites. Hope Sony too is paying attention...

iJudged

Banned
When I last tried I think xCloud only did 720p and there was artifacting, but playable. Nowhere near as good as Stadia or Geforce now run on it, but now it's closer to launch it may be better. I may try a newer version of the app to see.
my experience was flawless, no artifacts, looked great and virtually no latency. I was on wifi, however. I should mention that was on my note 10 plus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom