• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox to host a gaming showcase on Sept.14th at 10am. Event will be 90 minutes long.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/09/08/dont-miss-the-twitchgaming-idxbox-fall-showcase/
WireAssetTwitchSept22v2-51112199487052a790c8.jpg

The main showcase itself will feature updates for Metal: Hellsinger, You Suck at Parking, and more. Look out for new announces and trailers, what’s coming soon to Game Pass, a deeper dive with developer interviews, and gameplay of Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed (plus a couple other fun titles). Catch this part of the show on Wednesday, September 14 at 10 a.m. PT on Twitch at Twitch.tv/twitchgaming or Twitch.tv/xbox.

For all you Twitch streamers, this event is open to co-streaming. Here are directions on how to do just that!

We hope you can join us for this 90 plus minutes of exciting news and debuts on Wednesday, September 14 at 10 a.m. PT for the /twitchgaming: ID@Xbox Fall Showcase!

PlayStation is having a gaming showcase on Sept.14th that will be 90 minutes long focusing on gameplay, new announcements, and ID@Xbox.

That's a pretty long stream, hopefully there will be some good stuff announced during the event.

anthony2690

Banned
I might actually tune in, I had assumed this would be one of them twitch streams where they stream for like 4 hours with loads of interviews etc, whilst showing off the occasional game.

anthony2690

Banned
its mostly gonna be indies tho; so don't get your hopes too high people.
Lots of excellent indie games exist, deaths door was easily one of my fave games in recent years :)

I am hoping we are past that lets make everything look 8bit phase though.

CamHostage

...So, OP has never seen an ID@XBOX show before, I assume?

ID@Xbox is their indie label (and when I say indie, I don't mean in the everything-is-indie-these-days sense where AAA indie games might get mixed in there, although they are handling the Ghostbusters shoot-em-up game through that and there's stuff like Hellsinger in there,) so this will be smaller games you've never heard of before. Also, the ID@Xbox shows tend to be long-form demos and chats with developers rather than a slew of titles and a sizzle reels, so even at 90mins I would guess there will not be a huge quantity of games shown, they don't really pack games in just for the sake of numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/c/IDXbox/videos

Go into it with those expectations and you should enjoy yourself if these are your types of games. But don't be confused when you read that "Xbox to Host a Gaming Showcase"...

(BTW, this already got posted the other day: )

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/id-xbox-fall-showcase-announced-for-september-14.1641194/

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
The OP says: "90 minutes long focusing on gameplay, new announcements, and ID@Xbox"

As if the indie stuff is just one part of it, but I think it's ALL of it?
It's an ID@Xbox stream. It's all indie stuff. The bigger stuff will be on the TGS stream.

Ok, this is an Indie showcase. Not a full Xbox games showcase.

Think of it like the Xbox equivalent of a Indie World showcase from Nintendo.

Top Bottom