• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox surprise announces new 'Deep Pink' game controller in Italy, releases globally for $64.99/€59.99

Highlight-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Deep-Pink-3000x1682:VP4-1399x600

https://techgameworld.com/xbox-anno...aly-of-the-new-deep-pink-wireless-controller/
Xbox has announced that its new Deep Pink Wireless Controller will be available in Italy as early as tomorrow
Check out the refreshed design of the new Xbox Wireless Controller. Deep Pink, has contoured surfaces and refined proportions to ensure greater comfort during play. Keep on target with the non-slip grip and hybrid d-pad. Capture and share content instantly with the dedicated Share button. Pair multiple devices like Xbox Series X|S (click here for more info), Xbox One, Windows PC, Android and iOS, play games and quickly switch between them.

Availability and price of the new Xbox Deep Pink​

Xbox has stated that, the new Deep Pink Wireless Controller, it will be available from tomorrow in ItalyFrance, Germany, the Nordic countries, Holland/Benelux, Poland and Spain. The market price will be €59.99.

And you? What do you think of this new Xbox Deep Pink Wireless Controller ? Let us know with a comment below and always stay tuned to TechGameWorld.com for other news and reviews from the world of technology (and beyond!).
Xbox-announced-the-arrival-in-Italy-of-the-new-Deep.jpeg

Xbox-announced-the-arrival-in-Italy-of-the-new-Deep.jpg

1675185346_751_Xbox-announced-the-arrival-in-Italy-of-the-new-Deep.jpg

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/X...63q03f19z?icid=XboxAccCat_CC1_R1_WLC_DeepPink

Xbox Wireless Controller - Deep Pink​

Experience the modernized Xbox Wireless Controller, designed for enhanced comfort during gameplay. Stay on target with textured grip, seamlessly capture and share content.

Stay on target​

With sculpted surfaces, refined geometry, and enhanced sharing options, the Xbox Wireless Controller puts unparalleled comfort and control in your hands with battery usage up to 40 hours. Quickly pair with, play on, and switch between devices including Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows PC, Android, and iOS.¹
Sneak-Peak-Carousel-1-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Deep-Pink

Get a grip​

Stay locked in with textured grip on the trigger, bumpers, grips and back case.
Sneak-Peak-Carousel-3-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Deep-Pink

Full circle​

The hybrid D-pad offers players a familiar yet refined twist on the classic Xbox Wireless Controller.
Sneak-Peak-Carousel-2-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Deep-Pink

Go ahead, show off​

Tap the dedicated Share button to seamlessly capture and eternalize your conquest.

Microsoft is making a big splash with this 'Deep Pink' special edition Xbox controller. It's being marketed as an enhancement to the standard Xbox controller, though I'm not entirely sure if that marketing is in line with the product provided.

Looks like retailers are rapidly adding the product to their inventory since this announcement was on short-noticed, aside from Microsoft, EBgames Australia seems to have been one of the first to have a major as relating to the controller, https://c1-ebgames.eb-cdn.com.au/me...deep-pink-controller-announce-lg.c8e2de4b.jpg

I'm 99% sure this has been available in NA for a long time. I wonder why IT is just now getting it.

Xbox US is showing in stock again though, which it had been OOS for awhile.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I browsed the store for fun in Denmark.

Looked after a black controller, but the only one I could get was a pink one.

No thank you.

Since May of 2022

Well, the US may have had it before, but it's back in stock and Microsoft is marketing it again.

Europe is getting the controller for the first time with a big marketing campaign, also including New Zealand and Australia. I guess some event must be coming soon to warrant this new focus on the Deep Pink controller.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Well, the US may have had it before, but it's back in stock and Microsoft is marketing it again.

Europe is getting the controller for the first time with a big marketing campaign, also including New Zealand and Australia. I guess some event must be coming soon to warrant this new focus on the Deep Pink controller.
If someone wants a pink Xbox controller I guess this is the way to go. Or design lab.

If someone wants a pink Xbox controller I guess this is the way to go. Or design lab.
If you want pink the standard one is actually better. My girlfriend wanted one, and it was always OOS so I figured I'd use design lab but it's impossible to recreate the buttons unfortunately. You just gotta choose black/white/colored. This controller looks way better outside of the white back.

ReBurn

Gold Member
If you want pink the standard one is actually better. My girlfriend wanted one, and it was always OOS so I figured I'd use design lab but it's impossible to recreate the buttons unfortunately. You just gotta choose black/white/colored. This controller looks way better outside of the white back.
It's a trade off I guess. I'd prefer black buttons with white markings and pink back over the matching pink on the buttons and the glaring white back. But everyone has their preferences.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Microsoft are making a killing on basically selling custom facebuttons.
Most of their latest designs are or were designlab features.
VKSHiQO.png

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
They always win with their colours and designs in my opinion. Design lab is just the icing on the cake.

Make an elite v3 that's robust and doesn't break every 5 minutes and add it design lab and I'll throw my money at it.

Hoppa

I like the shade they went with but the pictures with the hands make it look a lot more saturated. Any pictures of it in normal lighting?

Black_Stride

I’m still loving my Xbox anniversary controller. It uses different part, and makes it feel like a different controller than the the rest of the series controllers.

Fn3SfgyaAAIf7_v
Whats the difference between the anniversary controller and the Phantom controllers.
Or any special edition controller in fact?

Like the Forza 5 controller or the absolutely sublime Aqua Shift.
maxresdefault.jpg

forza-horizon-5-xbox-controller-banner.jpg

db9373ee-1c63-44b2-bd22-108719d40afc.jpg

Last edited:

Larxia

Make an elite v3 that's robust and doesn't break every 5 minutes and add it design lab and I'll throw my money at it.
I'd love a Xbox controller that has some of the dualsense quality : Much more silent buttons and sticks, and better working buttons too.

I hate how on Xbox Series controller the buttons won't work properly depending on the angle you press them or the amount of pressure. For example in Kingdom Hearts I have to hold the A button to fly, but I often randomly fall because the input goes off, even if the button is actually still being pressed, I need to press it harder, and the angle impacts it too. This isn't an issue on the dualsense because if the button is pressed, it's pressed, no matter what, how it should be.

Sadly the dualsense compatibility on PC isn't great, especially with how the rumbles only work on the left side if the game doesn't use haptic feedback.

So yeah, a more silent xbox controller, with better buttons, something more reliable that doesn't break in 6 months, I would be verry happy.

Reactions: Isa

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Whats the difference between the anniversary controller and the Phantom controllers.
Or any special edition controller in fact?

Like the Forza 5 controller or the absolutely sublime Aqua Shift.
maxresdefault.jpg

forza-horizon-5-xbox-controller-banner.jpg

db9373ee-1c63-44b2-bd22-108719d40afc.jpg
It’s a smoother plastic, and the rubber grips. And most importantly, it has a signature from Phil Spencer himself. A god among men.

Last edited:

ARK1391

I don't like pink things, but that is a really good pink color for a controller. I'd never buy it, but it does look nice.

manfestival

well since this is a xbox controller thread. What batteries/charger do yall recommend? I got my xsx controller to keep my dual sense company back for Christmas but was wondering what the best option is once the battery runs out? I have charging station for my dual sense but this is my first wireless xbox controller.

Black_Stride

I don’t think they all have both. And do they have Phil Spencer’s autograph?
Most of the actual LE controllers are the smoother plastic and have rubberized grips.
The "not so" LE controllers have textured grips.

Rubberized grips go all the way back to the king of LE controllers the Lunar White one:
71XEvNJ90kL.jpg

Rubberized grip is also an option in DesignLab.

Last edited:
I like the shade they went with but the pictures with the hands make it look a lot more saturated. Any pictures of it in normal lighting?
The first two images?

For example in Kingdom Hearts I have to hold the A button to fly, but I often randomly fall because the input goes off, even if the button is actually still being pressed, I

This seems more of an issue with your hands/fingers than the controller tbh.

Larxia

This seems more of an issue with your hands/fingers than the controller tbh.
Uh? It doesn't happen with Xbox 360, It doesn't happen with ps3/ps4/ps5, it happens with Xbox Series.
It's a problem with the controller. The buttons can be pressed, but not actually triggered, because the triggers doesn't actually match with the "click" of the button, it's further than where it clicks, which is dumb. You can make the input go on and off just by sliiitghly moving your thumb, without the button going up at all.

Warablo

Most of the actual LE controllers are the smoother plastic and have rubberized grips.
The "not so" LE controllers have textured grips.

Rubberized grips go all the way back to the king of LE controllers the Lunar White one:
71XEvNJ90kL.jpg

Rubberized grip is also an option in DesignLab.
Always loved the look of that controller.

Black_Stride

Always loved the look of that controller.
I missed the initial run of them like a bitch due to stupidity.
And ive been conteplating paying scalper prices for one ever since.
I think this year I'm just going to say fuck it and pull the trigger so I can stop looking at listings of unopened Lunar White controllers.

Warablo

I missed the initial run of them like a bitch due to stupidity.
And ive been conteplating paying scalper prices for one ever since.
I think this year I'm just going to say fuck it and pull the trigger so I can stop looking at listings of unopened Lunar White controllers.
Might be able to make your own version of them on Design Lab at this point

Fahdis

Got a Pink and White one made recenetly on Design Labs with Textures and Rubber grips. Its very cool. I wish Sony let us customize the same way.

Hoppa

The first two images?
Shopped so it’s hard to tell how accurate they are.. I saw a video of it on YouTube and those pictures are actually spot on. Might sound obvious that the marketing for a specific colored controller would need to match the product but the cosmic red Dualsense looked a little bit different in person to me

Black_Stride

Might be able to make your own version of them on Design Lab at this point
Its what I was saying earlier in the thread.
The only thing truly custom about most of these color LE controllers is the face buttons.
Almost everything else can be replicated in DesignLab.
We had the Phantoms, we had the Shadows the current season has Camo and Metallics, im sure next season will have the Shifts.

But matching the face buttons is impossible.

Top Bottom