• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X/S will let players free up storage space by ‘selectively uninstalling parts of games’

And there you have it...a feature somewhat similar to PS5s selective download feature. This sounds like you would have to download the whole game first then delete portions. Im not sure PS5 works this way

Xbox One already has this feature. You can just download parts of the game for Halo Masterchief, Call of Duty etc.. Microsoft is just expanding this feature to next gen.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
This is an old feature, but in don't see why most developers would want to use it. They spent years creating something only for you to download half of it.
You can install a game and never touch the stuff you don’t care about anyway, so this just quite literally cuts out the bullshit. I’ve wanted this for a while, because it makes perfect sense to save space and makes no sense for me to keep downloading bigger and bigger patches for multiplayer modes I’m not interested in (thanks, Doom 2016).

You know everyone who installs CoD is going to uninstall the single player the instant they finish it, or maybe never install at all. And that’s fine. You paid for it, you should get to use it how you wish.

HF2014

Great feature. Im not playing online. But im just wondering how will this work when games get updated, like the multiplayer getting an update, will it detect you dont have the multiplayer or vice-versa?

yurinka

Nice to see it also has this feature already available on PS5, PS4 or XBO.

Let's hope in this generation more devs support it than in the previous one.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Next XBOX will intorduce a feature that allows you to not even install your games at all. Just pay 500 for the box and 70 for the games and stare at your blank screen!

Next gen baby. Where you pay out your ass and dont even play the games.

GloveSlap

You can install a game and never touch the stuff you don’t care about anyway, so this just quite literally cuts out the bullshit. I’ve wanted this for a while, because it makes perfect sense to save space and makes no sense for me to keep downloading bigger and bigger patches for multiplayer modes I’m not interested in (thanks, Doom 2016).

You know everyone who installs CoD is going to uninstall the single player the instant they finish it, or maybe never install at all. And that’s fine. You paid for it, you should get to use it how you wish.
Yep, Doom is definitely one of the best examples for the need for this.

I've wanted seperate single and multi installs for a while. I just wish it was mandatory. As it is now devs might not do it because they want to sell their stupid microtransactions in multi.

Top Bottom