• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX SERIES X/S | LAUNCH OT | THE X-FACTOR

TLZ

Banned
Honestly love it so far, it's fast looks beautiful and man is it quiet
It's awesome. I just wish the UI looked new though to go with the new box and new gen.

And man is it heavy. It looks like a high quality, classy little PC.

When I added it online to my MS account it showed up as Xbox One. This is weird. I'll see if I can change its name.

Hosam6xavi

Banned
27 November this beast will be mine

Microsoft have a good chance to compete with Sony in Saudi Arabia, big market that was mainly for Sony because they invest big here

Now a lot of youtubers have the console and did reviews and people on Twitter talking about it and the gamepass subscription

We already know that the pre-order numbers exceeded microsoft expectations.

It will be interesting to see how it will do in the future

Gtafans93

It's awesome. I just wish the UI looked new though to go with the new box and new gen.

And man is it heavy. It looks like a high quality, classy little PC.

When I added it online to my MS account it showed up as Xbox One. This is weird. I'll see if I can change its name.
yeah mine did that as well, weird, I only wish there were more Enhanced next genish games, Valhallas amazing but no ray tracing is kinda a bummer, Oh well the fast loading and switchings Good enough.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

djjinx2

IMG20201110115226.jpg

Controller feels great, they have taken some nice touches from the Elite 2.

Is it slightly smaller, the Series X controller feels better in the hand.

Love it so far, coming from OG Xbox is night and day!

Finally have 4K and HDR, loading Forza Horizon 4 as I speak

MrFunSocks

Banned
Damn those are some big updates for Series X optimised games. Gears 5 was like 60GB, Forza Horizon 4 was about 60, think sea of thieves was about 30.

You can also go into the manage game screen and view the file info on the installed game, and it tells you the AppModel:GDK or XDK, Gen:Scarlett or Durango, and some other also pretty useless info haha.

Zuzu

I posted a similar picture a few hours ago in the official Xbox thread but here’s mine all set up. I picked it up this morning about 12 hours ago from EB Games in Australia. I’ve got it connected to an LG 4K monitor and I’m using a 1Tb Samsung T7 SSD for my external storage. The new controller is nice but I still like my Elite 2 more so I’m going to primarily use that still. It really is an awesome machine so far. Hats off to the engineers at Microsoft 😊

klCzWdR.jpg

Last edited:

Dibils2k

I posted a similar picture a few hours ago in the official Xbox thread but here’s mine all set up. I picked it up this morning about 12 hours ago from EB Games in Australia. I’ve got it connected to an LG 4K monitor and I’m using a 1Tb Samsung T7 SSD for my external storage. The new controller is nice but I still like my Elite 2 more so I’m going to primarily use that still. It really is an awesome machine so far. Hats off to the engineers at Microsoft 😊

klCzWdR.jpg
wow how did you get the new Forza! so jealous

So I have my Xbox Series X plugged in, updated and all of that, but it can't find any of my cloud data from the Xbox One, so none of my saves transferred. Am I missing something here? I thought this was all supposed to just work?

DavidGzz

Drove by GameStop to get to the gym and there is a line outside...is there more stock that people have to line up to get?

Emedan

3 pages on launch day, isn't that kind of sad.

Edit: Not baiting, genuinely, what's up with that?

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Costco.com has the X and S available fir members only with estimated shipping week to 11/23. Both are bundles with an extra controller.

Sure they’ll go fast (if not already) as Wari64 tweeted links, but available as of a couple minutes ago though.

OrtizTwelve

Picked up my Series S this morning at Target. I was able to order one for store pickup last night around 1:30am EST. They lasted in stock about an hour online in terms of availability depending on specific store, so the idea of having store pickup only based on your area definitely gets rid of the bots and scalpers and made the process pretty smooth --- if you were online at the right time.

I was going to get the X but don't really need all that power and didn't want to spend $500. The S is a sleek little console and I really like it so far.

Pickup this morning around 8am was smooth, store wasn't crowded or anything and there were a few other customers waiting in line to pickup the new XBOX. Really smooth and easy launch day. Honestly, the smoothest launch day of any console as far as I remember.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any word on a Witcher 3 xsx patch?

Never played Witcher 3 and I get the xsx today

debating whether to start it today or wait for it to be enhanced for xsx

3 pages on launch day, isn't that kind of sad.

Edit: Not baiting, genuinely, what's up with that?

More people are interested in PlayStation than Xbox in particular after the generation they both have had. besides the Xbox OT is busy with launch talk.

I got my Series X this morning and will get a PlayStation 5 in 2021.

draliko

Box configured and ready to play as soon as i finish download something :) Seems like server are being (comprehensibly) hammered, can't get more than 5mb speed, you guys in the same boat? Or just this side of the world (Italy)?

Data Ghost

Box configured and ready to play as soon as i finish download something :) Seems like server are being (comprehensibly) hammered, can't get more than 5mb speed, you guys in the same boat? Or just this side of the world (Italy)?
U.K. here and Warzone has been downloading most of the day here and once done there is the next gen patch so I don’t think I’ll be playing it today. Been getting as avg of 15mbps.

draliko

U.K. here and Warzone has been downloading most of the day here and once done there is the next gen patch so I don’t think I’ll be playing it today. Been getting as avg of 15mbps.
ok, seems fair, after a download reboot now at least i got near 20mbps zone, i downloaded small games first to have something to play this evening, tetris and minecraft dungeons, hope that tomorrow destiny and horizon will be available for the evening

DavidGzz

Yeah i believe they posted online there would be limited stock with special bundles or something?

Yeah, they had two extra but 25 or so showed up. They all left when u arrived and the employee had to give them the bad news. It says it on the door so not sure why people continue to wait so long for nothing.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Have fun with X/S guys. I'm waiting it out for a bit.

Costco Canada FINALLY has a tab, but it's only for Series S. And when you click it all it shows is a controller?!?!? lol

Considering how out of stock next gen systems are, looks like it'll be 2021 availability there for X.

I don’t think the patch has been released yet.

Mine just got a 37 gb patch and it specifically called it an "Upgrade" and not just a patch.

Dude you quoted might not have gotten the upgrade or it didn't trigger, maybe try starting the game over or something

Aside from that. System is a BEAST and its so snappy, I really dont care about either systems UI's or menus but I can't lie I was cruising around them all morning cause of how fast it is.

Quick Resume is Super convenient...was playing some assassins creed, went and ran a race in forza, then jumped to ori and ran around just to test it out, went back to assassins creed where i was literally mid jump and the game just picked up right there lol.

Hmm. My earlier comments about cloud saves not working appears to only apply to the two Ori games. Every other game I've tried since has the cloud saves show up just fine. Disappointment gone, more confusion as to what happened to my Ori saves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom