• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X|S – Official Next-Gen Walkthrough – Full Demo [4K]

MrFunSocks

Banned
It's rendering at 1080p
If you didn't know, and couldn't tell by the avatar, he's a sony fanboy that's trolling.

Video was irrelevant since it's just the same Dashboard and Guide as the Xbox One.

This Demon's Souls isn't on any other platform. It's not like the Dark Souls remaster for PS4, this is a full remake.

I don't know anything about that Gears DLC, I'm talking about the main game that MS keeps using as an XSX showcase.

I can play Demon's Souls right now on my PC in native 1080p.

Just catching up on this thread and jesus christ, we now have people using Subnautica to bash the Series X lol. A BC game having pop-in is not a problem with the series X. BC doesn't magically re-program games to get rid of all of their problems.

That wasn't good advertising. Pop-ups in Subnautica (last gen game) are terrible and Dirt 5 still has a lot of screen tearing. Game switching is slow and unimpressive for anyone who's had an SSD.

At the end they try to hype old networking hardware in those consoles and a slow, overpriced Seagate drive. Maybe it'll work with soccer mums but nobody else.

I had a lot of snake oil vibes watching it.

Oh so you have "instant resume" on your SSD? What is this SSD connected to? PC's don't have an instant resume feature either, so you can't be talking about PC....

Last edited:
I'm really excited for Remote Play. What a revolutionary new idea!
A share button and dynamic backgrounds! I love the innovation, really gets me excited
Dynamic backgrounds have been on Sony systems for a whiiiiiiile now, they're pretty darn cool though.

I just don't understand why the thread is filled with Sony fans random attacks. If the PlayStation has the best games why do you even CARE what Xbox does or has? I guess Concern Concern was right "I don't love my favorite console I just hate yours!"

What are you even in about? I never said the graphics were awful, I said it looked like an Xbox One game, which it does.

Yea, Gears 5 looked awesome on Xbox One but I don't see a huge upgrade there, it's not something that gets me excited for XSX either in terms of the updated graphics or the quality of the game itself.

And I'm not an Xbox hater, as I said, I wish MS well but they need to do better on the exclusives front. Gears 4 was one of my most played MP games this gen. I have an XSX pre-ordered.
Series X version looks like PC running on Ultra. I played it on PC on Max settings. Watch videos in 4k.

Show me all this in Xbox one version

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

Xbox fans are definitely a different breed i tell ya smdh...
I had always heard the term “fanboy”, and have come across a handful over many years, but GAF and PlayStation take it to an entirely new level. The hate for MS and all things Xbox is a huge turnoff and I find myself coming here less and less.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m a GAMER. I do prefer consoles a bit over PC (mainly because that’s where my friends and family play and the ease and convenience), but I do love my PC too.

For financial reasons I fully understand having to choose and own one, but outside of that the hatred is pure foolishness. Both consoles are awesome.

REDRZA MWS

I just don't understand why the thread is filled with Sony fans random attacks. If the PlayStation has the best games why do you even CARE what Xbox does or has? I guess Concern Concern was right "I don't love my favorite console I just hate yours!"
I’ve come to the understanding most of these MS and Xbox haters are just haters of the greatest country on Earth. Home of the free, land of the brave! Like a famous actor once said:

1q3oevZ.gif

quest

Not Banned from OT
I had always heard the term “fanboy”, and have come across a handful over many years, but GAF and PlayStation take it to an entirely new level. The hate for MS and all things Xbox is a huge turnoff and I find myself coming here less and less.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m a GAMER. I do prefer consoles a bit over PC (mainly because that’s where my friends and family play and the ease and convenience), but I do love my PC too.

For financial reasons I fully understand having to choose and own one, but outside of that the hatred is pure foolishness. Both consoles are awesome.
It was not as bad until a lot of people bought into the insider's hype of the god like PS5 blowing the series x out of water. With estimates at 10-25% more powerful from E3 2019 until the cerny presentation hit. Instead of taking it with grace people just went all out attack mode. Instead of taking another winning generation with 60-70% market share and enjoying it they needed for some reason to attack I found it strange. In 2013 we all had reason to unit against DRM. This time we have 2 solid companies doing different things. I think it really pisses people off that Microsoft won't be Sony light also. That strategy just doesn't work instead of being happy about more diversity it was all out attack mode. I find it humorous myself I see it as enjoy your victory and the best first party games in the world no reason to be triggered lol.

Concern

It was not as bad until a lot of people bought into the insider's hype of the god like PS5 blowing the series x out of water. With estimates at 10-25% more powerful from E3 2019 until the cerny presentation hit. Instead of taking it with grace people just went all out attack mode. Instead of taking another winning generation with 60-70% market share and enjoying it they needed for some reason to attack I found it strange. In 2013 we all had reason to unit against DRM. This time we have 2 solid companies doing different things. I think it really pisses people off that Microsoft won't be Sony light also. That strategy just doesn't work instead of being happy about more diversity it was all out attack mode. I find it humorous myself I see it as enjoy your victory and the best first party games in the world no reason to be triggered lol.

Thing is there is no "victory" for them. They're not cashing a check for either company selling better. Just a bunch of over the hill men fighting over plastic boxes. Some of them are on here so much that I wonder if they're even successful at anything in life besides trying to argue on a forum over a game consoles.

You look at post history and most spend more time bashing the other console rather than enjoying theirs lol.

I've had a PS1 all the way through to the PS4. Sony fans have become unbearable.... At least the ones on neogaf and on social media. They spend more time slating other consoles then they do playing games. Instead of talking about features they like on Sonys they spend more time moaning about the other console. If Sony does something it's great but if MS or Nintendo do it its awful and bad for gaming. I've never noticed how big hypocrites Sony fans are until this gen.

They've spent so much time slating and talking about Xbox that they've actualy made me switch (well that and I'm looking forward to gamepass and bathesda games.)

Because MS isn't publishing any of those titles. Same reason Sony isn't showing them, they aren't theirs to show.
Dude I'm all xbox but rheir competition has shown some true next gen stuff like ratchet and clank , gt 7 , demonsouls and miles morales don't u think its about time they beg ubi to atlest show some next gen gameplay to atleast give a hint of what these 12 tf machine is capable of, literally not even 2 weeks left and not a single next gen showing show me 4k 30 gameplay of one x and 4k60 on series x so I can be excited about this is borderline ridiculous now

MrFunSocks

Banned
Dude I'm all xbox but rheir competition has shown some true next gen stuff like ratchet and clank , gt 7 , demonsouls and miles morales don't u think its about time they beg ubi to atlest show some next gen gameplay to atleast give a hint of what these 12 tf machine is capable of, literally not even 2 weeks left and not a single next gen showing show me 4k 30 gameplay of one x and 4k60 on series x so I can be excited about this is borderline ridiculous now
Lol “true next gen stuff” like a GT7 zero gameplay trailer, a PS3 game, and a cross gen game that’s releasing on PS4 too. Ratchet and clank is the only next gen game they’ve shown anything of really.

there is plenty of next gen series x footage out there now.

SynTha1

Like I have said before I don't like Microsoft as a company cause they always do the least but talk the most and I'm not just giving a company who has time after time year after year blatantly lie and do absolutely nothing to move this industry that we all love forward they have brought absolutely nothing to the table since they came into the console business im 42 I have watched them from the beginning. I don't know about anybody else but I hate people trying to insult my intelligence and thats all Microsoft does. So you can throw money at a company who does the least amount of work for it all in the name of being a gamer but not me.

They did show up coming games. I don't disagree that it would be nice if they had some next gen stuff demo'd, but they don't have the publishing rights to those games so they aren't theirs to show. 2 weeks from now and the debate will be over anyways. The Medium will be out mid december as well.

MiguelItUp

Looks solid. They're already miles ahead on the launch OS/UI compared to what the Xbox One received, god that was hot garbage.

It is weird how bad DIRT5 looks. Like its color palette is just really really unappealing to the eyes. And it is by the Driveclub team. Driveclub still remains probably the best looking most photorealistic racing game out there. Just so strange.

As for the showcase, well it is not for me since I have a windows PC already, but the console does look pretty good.

Imagine if Sony took BC seriously and gave us a sweet 4K60 upgrade for Driveclub...

Arkam

OS and console look slick as always. But damn does this almost feel like an OS update on my X1X since they are the same games. Also that guy calling out Dirt5 as a visual showcase? Was he not watching the same thing we were?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Imagine if Sony took BC seriously and gave us a sweet 4K60 upgrade for Driveclub...

They designed their system for full HW BC which is almost 100% and support boost mode. HW BC allows them to not have to dump of money on SW solution (like MS does), which means less testing and less development and more compatibility. While that means you can't easily improve old games, Sony knows that BC is a little used feature once the generation gets rolling.

They designed their system for full HW BC which is almost 100% and support boost mode. HW BC allows them to not have to dump of money on SW solution (like MS does), which means less testing and less development and more compatibility. While that means you can't easily improve old games, Sony knows that BC is a little used feature once the generation gets rolling.

I know what their reasons/excuses are, but we're so deep into diminishing returns with graphics quality that it's a shame that we can't get a simple resolution/framerate upgrade for (soon to be) last-gen games. Driveclub wouldn't even need new textures or effects, it would look great out of the box.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I know what their reasons/excuses are, but we're so deep into diminishing returns with graphics quality that it's a shame that we can't get a simple resolution/framerate upgrade for (soon to be) last-gen games. Driveclub wouldn't even need new textures or effects, it would look great out of the box.

Well a PS4 Pro patch would go a long way. This would serve both Pro and PS5 users, but again why spend the resources on something very little people own or play?

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
BTW is it only the current Xbox 360 and Xbox games that are playable on the XBox One playable on the XSX? Or will all 360 and One games be playable?

Azurro

Banned
They start the next gen walkthrough and all they show is backwards compatibility and crossgen games. They really don't have anything for this gen.

Edit: Quick resume is cool though, the transition took 12 seconds, but then it was already loaded and ready to go. Pretty cool functionality.

Edit 2: I get that it's an official video and they have to shill, but really? "Dirt 5 a cool showcase of next gen"...sure buddy.

Edit 3: The auto HDR is the coolest feature they have, pretty impressive.

Ok, all in all, my first comment still stands, it's pretty evident they are behind on their game development schedule, they have nothing.

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
That's what Sony was probably thinking when they shit-canned Evolution Studios in the first place.

What a shame that the bean counters made the call on that one.
Agreed, Damn shame what they did to Evo Studios. Could of had them working on an open world Motorstorm entry for launch right now.

MrFunSocks

Banned
BTW is it only the current Xbox 360 and Xbox games that are playable on the XBox One playable on the XSX? Or will all 360 and One games be playable?
All games that are currently bc on the one, as well as every single non Kinect Xbox one game.

kingthrash always on point.

i see a lot of fanboys upset and in denial :messenger_tears_of_joy:

How can someone post crap like this and pretend they’re not a fanboy that’s just console warring? Jesus lol. It’s a PR video.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
That's good....buuuuuut......I wish they would add some other games like Bloodwake from OG Xbox and Blur and Matrix the Path of Neo from the 360 (among others).
I think they likely will start making more games BC. They stopped work on that when they got the team to start working on BC for the Series S/X, so hopefully they’ll keep going with the rest of the library now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom