• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X: Phil Spencer Says You Haven't Understood The True Power Of Next-Gen Yet

MrMiyagi

Banned
It's a hard sell because nobody buys a next gen $500 console that plays the same games as the Xbox one, just better. There's a reason why Xbox OneX and ps4 Pro didn't sell huge numbers, people just don't care enough about games "feeling better". Everything MS showed looked lack luster because no matter the resolution and framerate, they looked like the typical games we're playing now. While Sony showed a single tech demo running at 1440p and 30fps and everybody was creaming their pants because it had a much bigger wow-factor.

Last edited:

onQ123

I can say one thing: Using my Surface Pro 7 feels better than any other laptop or tablet I can remember using, The controls are so smooth & responsive that it almost feel fake to just moving the cursor around. I think this will be the feeling when playing next gen consoles with really responsive controls. like going from the mouse with the roller ball to a laser mouse. You can't really show it but gamers will feel the difference right away & going back will feel sluggish.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I can say one thing: Using my Surface Pro 7 feels better than any other laptop or tablet I can remember using, The controls are so smooth & responsive that it almost feel fake to just moving the cursor around. I think this will be the feeling when playing next gen consoles with really responsive controls. like going from the mouse with the roller ball to a laser mouse. You can't really show it but gamers will feel the difference right away & going back will feel sluggish.

SP7 is like sex with a computer.

REE Machine

Banned
I was expecting at least one next gen looking game from them but that wasn't done. It was surprising given how they hyped the event.
Iwas expecting their whole show to be gameplay for third party atleast to show off what they are doing. If sony has their conference and shows gameplay of games, thatll look bad on MS until they have another show

Frederic

Banned
I was expecting at least one next gen looking game from them but that wasn't done. It was surprising given how they hyped the event.

They already said that they are going to show their games in July. They also said that the event in may are only third party games, so why should they show their games during that even?

They already said that they are going to show their games in July. They also said that the event in may are only third party games, so why should they show their games during that even?

They showed HellBlade and Project Mara before. They could have had a teaser of a 1st party title at the event.

It could have built up hype for their next event.

Nice tag BTW.

Last edited:
Iwas expecting their whole show to be gameplay for third party atleast to show off what they are doing. If sony has their conference and shows gameplay of games, thatll look bad on MS until they have another show

They did hype it up alot. I believe that's where there mistake was. Because of that people were speculating all sorts of things. And when those things didn't happen they had to apologise for overhyping the event.

Frederic

Banned
They showed HellBlade and Project Mara before. They could have had a teaser of a 1st party title at the event.

It could have built up hype for their next event.

Nice tag BTW.

Huh? They already said in July. What are you talking about?
they should not have a teaser at the event for first party, because they said it’s 3rd party only

I mean at least they show us something and don’t delay everything and are whisper quiet for months.

Frederic

Banned
They did hype it up alot. I believe that's where there mistake was. Because of that people were speculating all sorts of things. And when those things didn't happen they had to apologise for overhyping the event.

they already apologized. Seriously. Do we have to bring up that again? It’s old news. with this crap.
Should we start again talking about Sony’s horrible road to ps5 event?how many dislikes the video got? How all the zzzZzzzzzZzzz appeared at the chat?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
they already apologized. Seriously. Do we have to bring up that again? It’s old news. with this crap.
Should we start again talking about Sony’s horrible road to ps5 event?how many dislikes the video got? How all the zzzZzzzzzZzzz appeared at the chat?

Horrible? Hardly... Still, a GDC deep dive on the architecture + UE5 reveal not that long after vs non real-time / certainly not running on the console cinematic footage? :lol

they just need to show more games on both sides, that will make us clearly understand. You can do this phil and cerny. Games, games, games. with actual gameplay.

only real game that ps5 has shown is Godfall:

daq8Kog.jpg

Frederic

Banned
only real game that ps5 has shown is Godfall:

daq8Kog.jpg

And there was ZERO gameplay. Just cinematic.
To be fair the Unreal Engine 5 demo showed more gameplay than all the other nextgen games showed so far combined.

Gameplay? With zero NPCs?
What exactly was the gameplay here? To showcase a boring ass walking simulator. Lol.
Still it’s just a TECH DEMO. Not a game at all.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS

Look bad on who? The only people that seem to have disliked it are people who were never going to buy an Xbox in the first place. The likes to dislikes ratio on all the YouTube videos other than Assassin’s Creed Valhalla showed the user base was happy enough, and that Valhalla nonsense is on Ubisoft more than anyone.

In terms of the average consumer, they had no idea this event even existed also. So it’s really not that big of deal you’re trying to make it out as.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It's time for Xbox Series X to be the top dog, let's have Halo parties again, guaranteed quality online gaming (Xbox Live) it's time for Microsoft to give gamers a deal, obviously SONY isn't giving up.

REE Machine

Banned
Look bad on who? The only people that seem to have disliked it are people who were never going to buy an Xbox in the first place. The likes to dislikes ratio on all the YouTube videos other than Assassin’s Creed Valhalla showed the user base was happy enough, and that Valhalla nonsense is on Ubisoft more than anyone.

In terms of the average consumer, they had no idea this event even existed also. So it’s really not that big of deal you’re trying to make it out as.
The user base was happy enough that they came out and apologised for hyping it up the way they did? Hell the only gameplay we got was the first game made by one guy and that shir been out on pc for a while now, they fucked up, they admit they fucked up and people were pissed about it

Andodalf

Banned
And there was ZERO gameplay. Just cinematic.

Gameplay? With zero NPCs?
What exactly was the gameplay here? To showcase a boring ass walking simulator. Lol.
Still it’s just a TECH DEMO. Not a game at all.

we got some gifs of what for sure looked like gameplay, but I’m not sure if they were official or a leak. Also I wouldn’t call it a walking simulator, it’s a Melee focused destiny looter game from the looks of it.

Huh? They already said in July. What are you talking about?
they should not have a teaser at the event for first party, because they said it’s 3rd party only

I mean at least they show us something and don’t delay everything and are whisper quiet for months.

I mean a teaser would have been nice in that event. Even if it was a 3rd party event they still could have showed something to get their fans excited for the event in July. Don't think there's anything wrong with that.

The next generation is not going to be ushered in by Xbox...that honor goes to the 3080 Ti, and it’s going to be glorious indeed.

Because it seemed you played this feature down.. but it has a purpose.
Noppe i did not, i dont see it as a priority to play PS3 and PS2 games on my PS5, cous i played all does games several times. (And sold them a long time ago)
For me it is important that i can play PS4 games on my PS5 cous i have a backlog of PS4 games that i did not play, and i can play them on the PS5. When that is done than i focus on NEW games especialy made for the PS5....but thats me....😉

Top Bottom