• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X is the best console for FPS/shooters in 2021. 5 exclusives worth getting excited about

Gamers are always arguing which console is better, but I see it differently. Both PS5 and Xbox Series X are amazing consoles with different strengths. PS5 has more story driven exclusives while Xbox has more shooters and multiplayer focused titles. I plan on making a separate PS5 video but for now here are 5 XSX exclusive (not on PS5) titles releasing this year. Which ones are you hyped for?

1.Bright Memory Infinite 2.Exomecha 3.Stalker 2. 4.Crossfire X 5. Halo Infinite

Last edited:
I can’t imagine playing a Stalker game on a console without M/KB. Alternatively a Stalker game made for a controller isn’t really a Stalker game I want to play anyway.

I’m not really excited about any of them besides Stalker and even then it being on console worries me.

Crossfire maybe? It’s made by Remedy right?

Last edited:

yazenov

No offense but you just listed the reasons I don't own an Xbox.
gross spit GIF

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
All of them but Halo, S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Crossfire X are the ones I'm most interested in.

Series X/S is most assuredly the home of shooters and once all the games from the new studios start dropping Xbox will be king of WRPGs too.

MiguelItUp

The Xbox controller was always my favorite controller for FPS games. I was (and still am) the biggest fan of M/KB, but the Xbox controller definitely made me appreciate and respect FPS titles there more so.

That being said, I think Stalker 2 and Halo Infinite are the titles in this list that I care about most. Even if I play them on PC. Scorn as well.

No offense but you just listed the reasons I don't own an Xbox.
gross spit GIF

Have you heard about the snow ball effect and momentum? The narrative has already been set and people are buying the PS5 in droves due to it having the best 1st party games and also the best place to play 3rd party games because they run and look better on the system. The image will be difficult to change, even if the wishful hope and dreams of the xbox fanboys somehow became true and the 3rd party games on the xbox started to run slightly better than on the PS5 a year or two from now. It wont matter.

I will never understand why guys like you say shit like “this is why I don’t own an Xbox” and then your entire post history showing obviously how much of a PlayStation fan you are is right there for everyone to see? You weren’t going to buy one no matter what games are put out for it.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
disgusted cat GIF

Then I get on Destiny 2. I am somewhat interested in stalker I love the atmosphere.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
For me -

1. Bright Memory Infinite
2. Halo Infinite
3. Crossfire X (campaign only)
4. Wolfenstein III (could be 2021 but will most likely be 2022)
5. Stalker 2

Magog.

Banned
Borderlands 3 is the only FPS I enjoyed last gen and only because it had fun co-op.

Last edited:

yazenov

I will never understand why guys like you say shit like “this is why I don’t own an Xbox” and then your entire post history showing obviously how much of a PlayStation fan you are is right there for everyone to see? You weren’t going to buy one no matter what games are put out for it.
Because Microsoft doesn't cater to consumers outside of their demographic (shoot bang / dudebros ) is the reason why Xbox doesn't interest me. I am not being dishonest here..

And apparently, I am not the only one from if their sales figures are any indication..., or lack of it, compared to the PS4/5 and Switch. Unless Microsoft comes up with quality and variety like Sony, they will be a distant third this generation, like all their generations.

MrMephistoX

It’s fair I pretty much buy all my FPS on Xbox because it’s a great layout and trigger setup but anything relying on buttons I buy on PS.

thelastword

Banned
XBOX used to be the shooter console, but no longer.....Halo had a lot to do with that, but Halo has now fallen over a cliff....The best shooters are also on PS, like Titanfall 2. Destiny, all the Battle Royale shooters.....The XBOX controller did well to cement the XBOX's status as the FPS console with it's trigger buttons. Even then, PS's controller did have it's own strengths for shooters, looking at the best times posted in the first Modern Warfare, mostly was on PS3.....Then you can say that the best FPS games in the PS3/360 era were Killzone 2 and RFOM 3 hands down...

With DS4, PS took over everything and had the liveliest multiplayer. Destiny 1 sang on PS4 and the rest is history. Certainly we did not get many hallmark shooters like we did in the 360/PS3 era, but the third party shooters were all more populated and played better on PS4 with it's excellent controller.

Yet, even now, in this gen. XBOX cannot win in this shooter warfare....PS5's knack for 120fps dominance and with a controller that can't be beaten on features and immersion, there is no way XBOX can take that lead.....COD controls and feels better with the Dual Sense, so does Destiny and Rainbow Six.....You will see many other games will continue to stamp on that DualSense seal of approval throughout this gen....Like in Battlefield, but moreso, Sony is gearing up once again to put it's latent shooters back in rotation.....Expect a really innovative and well polished Killzone, Resistance and Socom/Mag for this generation......If they nail one of these out of the pack, farless two, it's a forgone conclusion......

wipeout364

I just hope they don't fill Bright memory infinite with as much filler as Bright memory had; that game just dragged on way too long.

Shooters are fantastic and I probably played Modern warfare more than any other game last year but you can't just eat junk food all the time.

I can’t imagine playing a Stalker game on a console without M/KB. Alternatively a Stalker game made for a controller isn’t really a Stalker game I want to play anyway.

I’m not really excited about any of them besides Stalker and even then it being on console worries me.

Crossfire maybe? It’s made by Remedy right?
Game is probably going to have m/k support.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Not a lot of cool games tbh, out of that list I'm only interested in STALKER. Personal preferences I guess.

Game is probably going to have m/k support.
At this point they should implement that by default in all FPS games, at least the singleplayer ones.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I think most are, at least the games I've played --- especially with cross platform between xbox/ps and PC.
Oh, didn't know that! Very cool indeed.

I'm glad console players can get the option to do so. I play most games with a gamepad (even on pc) but I still think m+kb is the king when it comes to most first person games.

Krisprolls

Banned
Bright Memory was a 55 / 100 rated game, I'm not sure why people would get excited about the next installment.

Even for first person shooters I'd say a PS5 is better due to being the only one with adaptive triggers (a clear improvement in the latest Call of Duty) and slightly better performance.

That, or a PC to play with mouse and keyboard, which is arguably the best way to play those games.

Last edited:
Xbox has allways been the shooter console, hasn't really been working for them,maybe they need to move away from begin the dudebro American console, they need to make it more multicultural or make it less attached to American culture like apple products.

Last edited:
Really struggling to come up with exclusives when your propping up a sequel to Bright Memory of all games and free to play stuff like Exo Mecha. Really says something about your console.

I'm interested in Crossfire because of Remedy, but that also reeks of a just contract work for them. It may not even have any of thier unique personality.

Stalker 2....yeah lets see if that even makes 2021 let alone even come out this gen or at all...

Halo Infinite should have been out at launch. Still pretty skeptical of whatever 343 does. Open world is a trendy thing to do when you have no idea what to do with your series and having no idea what to do is what I would use to describe 343.

Yeah, none of this is super promising.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
For people complaining about Xbox being a FPS studio - most of the big WRPG studios are now owned by Microsoft. Then there is Ninja Theory and Double Fine, they already have a lot of diversity in their catalogue.
LMAO at the downplaying.

You forgot Second Extinction OP!
OP VisualFidelity VisualFidelity misses out most of the good stuffs coming in 2021. I think The Medium, Scorn, Exo One, Shredders, Microsoft Flight Simulator and Halo Infinite are some of the best stuffs coming out in 2021 for Xbox. Here is the complete list
I also don't think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is coming out in 2021. There website listing that said 2021 was later removed(i.e., they are not confident in a 2021 release anymore). There are more chances of Starfield launching in 2021. We should also hear from Arkane Austin(Prey 2?) and MachineGames(Wolfenstein 3?) pretty soon, since these two studios have not released anything major since 2017.
PS5 has more story driven exclusives while Xbox has more shooters and multiplayer focused titles.
More like you are only mentioning FPS games for Xbox(including one that is not even coming out this year).

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Not so sure if this is true at all, even for 2021. Most console players who are into shooters are playing on PS4 no? Don't think that will change with PS5/XSX. Also, those games you listed aren't even out yet they might be garbo or mediocre. So XSX being better at a specific type of genre has no basis.
But hey, what do I know, I mostly play FPS games on PC anyways. It never felt right with a pad.

Top Bottom