• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X Director Asks: Why Do You Want To Know Specs So Early?

Tenka Musou

Banned
just hard sometimes when walking at CES and people get mad I won't tell them specs. Literally walk away calling me an Asshole.

p4VJHkd.png

Last edited:

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
I'm more interested in, whether they have any disruptive tech, like Kinect up in their sleeves or not. That would drive sales. Or buy HL: Alyx.

Speaking on my behalf, I want to know what kind of Juice this Xbox Bad Boy is going to bring. Cmon Microsoft tell us how juicy delicious this box is going to be. That is all, now going back into hibernation mode.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I suppose he'd be more appreciative if nobody gave a fuck what Xbox had in store. It comes with the territory, genius.

It is all tactics, they want Sony to release the Specs of the PS5 first..and than bragging like Hell if they realy have the most powerfull Console..not only the strongest Xbox console ever😉

Wanting to know the performance of a machine in a performance-driven market is not a spoiler.

That box is :
Going to last me a generation, multiple years and be (in line with your sales pitch) central to the entertainment demands of me and my games-playing friends and family.

That box is not:
A plot-point in a 2-hour movie that sets me back 10 bucks.

Conflating 2 distinct things in order to perform some virtual shrug takes either ignorance or dishonesty.

Journey

Banned
"To me it's like movie spoilers I don't want to know until I buy my movie ticket."

Uh no. I'm buying a piece of hardware. I want to know specs before I buy.

I understand what he's saying, context is important, he's not saying you'll find out the spec's after buying, what he's saying is that it's too early in the production to give that away, because revealing your cards to your rival is not a good idea, but in terms of the movie analogy, it's like letting someone review the movie before the movie is done filming, or talking about a plot of a book before you're finished writing and publishing it.

I guarantee we'll get to know the spec's before we buy, it has been like this for every console release.

Gamernyc78

Banned
warring bs aside I think most ppl want to know so thy can envision and be happy about what type of graphical leaps and features we will see next Gen. I don't think about console warring when I think about what specs can be. I think about "damnnnn if said box is 12tf with raytracing imagine how good next Uncharted game or Halo is going to look on it" shit gets me anxious and excited.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I mean... what else is there to be excited about? There aren't really exclusives any more, with MS bringing everything to PC, so people have to latch on to something.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
He didnt tell anyone to buy Series X without knowing the specs. The actual movie in this case is the Series X reveal, not the launch. They dont want to reveal specs before the actual reveal(which will happen around May).
You don’t have the software so people want to know if you have the hardware. How does this guy not recognize that lol.
They have actually shown more 'software' for Series X then Sony has for PS5(Halo Infinite, MSFS 2020, Everwild and Hellblade II).

Last edited:

DESTROYA

What a really stupid comment, it’s just like everything else if I’m spending my hard earned money I want to know what I’m getting.
These consoles aren’t going to be cheap so consumers want to get the best they think they can buy.

I understand what he's saying, context is important, he's not saying you'll find out the spec's after buying, what he's saying is that it's too early in the production to give that away, because revealing your cards to your rival is not a good idea, but in terms of the movie analogy, it's like letting someone review the movie before the movie is done filming, or talking about a plot of a book before you're finished writing and publishing it.

I guarantee we'll get to know the spec's before we buy, it has been like this for every console release.

I don’t understand how it’s still, at this point,
too early in production, when other people on here tell me that these things are set in stone a least 2 years prior to release date.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
We need fuel for the console war.

To be fair, why wouldn't people be interested? It's new hardware, what other can you be interested in when we talk hardware?

Journey

Banned
I don’t understand how it’s still, at this point,
too early in production, when other people on here tell me that these things are set in stone a least 2 years prior to release date.

Certain things on a chip level are, but total RAM or SSD size for instance can be upgraded last minute.

sublimit

Banned
" To me it's like movie spoilers I don't want to know until I buy my movie ticket. "

Did he seriously compared the specs of a console with movie spoilers?
By his example it's like saying "i don't want to know what engine and horse power my car will have until i actually buy it because i don't want to spoil myself." Lol

I mean i don't give a shit about specs myself but i understand why some people want to know.

Top Bottom