• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X could launch with an exclusive Superman game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

OsirisBlack, the same forum user who recently dropped details on what sounds very much like a next-gen The Order: 1886 sequel and previously locked down most of the details for PS4 Pro ahead of its reveal, has continued their series of teases with some vague hints toward a handful of new third-party games that could be coming to Xbox Series X.

OsirisBlack posted a handful of videos pointing to Killer Instinct, 28 Weeks Later, and Superman in response to a question about third-party launch exclusives for Xbox Series X. They added that Microsoft's E3 presence in June is "going to be hard to beat". Microsoft owns the Killer Instinct franchise of fighting games, so a new reveal in that series wouldn't be a huge surprise. I'm honestly not sure what to make of the 28 Weeks Later tease - that particular zombie horror series has lain dormant for a while, so it might just be a reference to zombies in general, unless another World War Z-style offshoot is on the way.

onQ123

OsirisBlack, the same forum user who recently dropped details on what sounds very much like a next-gen The Order: 1886 sequel and previously locked down most of the details for PS4 Pro ahead of its reveal, has continued their series of teases with some vague hints toward a handful of new third-party games that could be coming to Xbox Series X.

OsirisBlack posted a handful of videos pointing to Killer Instinct, 28 Weeks Later, and Superman in response to a question about third-party launch exclusives for Xbox Series X. They added that Microsoft's E3 presence in June is "going to be hard to beat". Microsoft owns the Killer Instinct franchise of fighting games, so a new reveal in that series wouldn't be a huge surprise. I'm honestly not sure what to make of the 28 Weeks Later tease - that particular zombie horror series has lain dormant for a while, so it might just be a reference to zombies in general, unless another World War Z-style offshoot is on the way.

It's weird seeing someone posting a article on Neogaf about posts made on neogaf lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
VWgwMkx.png

TimFL

The zombie tease is probably for a new State of Decay with a potential MMO style multiplayer. They were very open about working on a 3rd installment back when MS bought them up.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

The studio that did Killer Instinct said they aren't developing a new KI, which makes me skeptical of this info

Hobbygaming

And? Where's that Horizon Zero Dawn and "other titles"?

If you stack your chips in one place you're going to lose more often than not.
Jason Schreier hasn't been wrong yet, you can take his words as confirmation at this point

Hobbygaming

Unconfirmed game that was an unconfirmed exclusive gets debunked by an unconfirmed person.
Which of these three is the most confirmed thing ? There is an awesome debate to have here.
You're not familiar with Jason Schreier's track record?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I'm taking a Spider-Man game over Superman game any day of the week, remember

giphy.gif

the reaction if this released on next gen hardware Neogaf, the gaming community would BREAK.

Codes 208

And who do you think has announced more exclusives for their next gen console ?
As of right now? Technically neither. Godfall is the only ps5 confirmed title but its cross-plat with pc. Xbox SX has halo infinite and hellblade 2, but these are technically cross-gen. And on pc.

so its a net 0/0

I didn't even knew that a Superman game was in development till this rumor turned up a couple days ago. The only one I remember playing Superman was that N64 game that my parents rent for me... What a sad weekend I had during that time.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
As of right now? Technically neither. Godfall is the only ps5 confirmed title but its cross-plat with pc. Xbox SX has halo infinite and hellblade 2, but these are technically cross-gen. And on pc.

so its a net 0/0
There's also Flight Simulator, Project Mara and Everwild. The Xbox One cross gen thing was for the first year, so it may not apply to Hellblade 2 and Project Mara.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
OsirisBlack is far from a credible source...and if Schierer shut it down I’m more inclined to believe him.

Heinrich

Banned

so its a net 0/0

hellblade 2 is not coming to. Xbox one

It wouldn't surprised me if MS releases a KOTOR remake/reimagine as a XSX exclusive at launch. The XSX would then be a day-1 purchase for me. XSX may not have as many killer exclusives as the PS5, but it does have value in Gamepass, Ultimate etc.

EDMIX

It wouldn't surprised me if MS releases a KOTOR remake/reimagine as a XSX exclusive at launch.

Yea let me stop you right there....

EA isn't going to do anything of the sort, if a KOTOR remake exist, its going to be on PC, PS and XB, it won't be only on one system. Massively unlikely, like damn near 0% of that happening as that license they have with Disney is clearly to make Disney the most bank, not make MS the most money or move units of anyone's system or something.

Top Bottom