• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Unboxing ( IGN )

Vasto

"We have the Xbox Series X and we're unboxing the retail version of the console to show everything inside including the fancy packaging it comes in! In addition, we compare it to all consoles. See the Xbox Series X vs. PS5, PS4 Pro, Xbox Series X and more! "

"The Xbox Series S that is the cheapest next gen entry console is in our hands and we're unboxing the retail version to show everything inside. We also compare the Xbox Series S vs PS5, Xbox Series X and a ton of other consoles. "

Senua

d8J4Pmc.gif

chonga

"The Xbox Series S that is the cheapest next gen entry console is in our hands and we're unboxing the retail version to show everything inside. We also compare the Xbox Series S vs PS5, Xbox Series X and a ton of other consoles. "

I still don't get why people are surprised at the size like this dude is. Comparing it to the One X saying wow it is even smaller than that. No shit there's no optical drive and the storage has gone from a bulky hard drive to a couple of chips.

longdi

Banned
wtf even insides of Series X box have drawings of holes. freaks me out with tyhrophobia. :messenger_pensive:

Though i say, Series X looks the most premium of next gen by far.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Series S looks really great, I can't believe how small it is even compared to the One S. I wonder what the power draw will be like.

dorkimoe

A lot of their marketing efforts in the run up to new gen have been incredibly reactive to what Sony does. Very surprising considering they claim that they don’t see them as competition.
Lol so because Sony unboxed a console. Microsoft better not do it or they’re copying?
Lolol
By that logic remember when Microsoft announced their date first and then Sony reacted and also announced a date

TBiddy

irrelevant picture

Wrong picture, I assume? What's it got to do with the unboxing of XSX and XSS?

It's impressive, by the way. Even the packing for XSX and XSS looks more premium than for the PS5.

Last edited:

TriSuit666

Banned
The packaging for the Xbox consoles is really nice - makes the PS5 cardboard look like the insides of a Subaru Imprezza WRC:

Bland, and uninspiring.

Codes 208

Series S looks really great, I can't believe how small it is even compared to the One S. I wonder what the power draw will be like.
Im guessing generally the equivalent of the One X considering the similar hardware specs.
Not console warring just stating facts. They could have given IGN the green light to do this on any day and they choose the day after Sony? Trying to steal some of the limelight methinks.
they did green light to allow journalists to do hands on previews nearly a month before Sony did (or more considering Sony still hasn’t really allowed much) this is just one example of a more reactionary step (and frankly I find it pretty minor). Overall MS’ approach has been deliver all of the details up front (like how they announced the console itself during the game awards, which was months before Sony even name dropped the console) whereas Sony has been more laid back with their reveals, preferring tidbits over time in a strict manner.

FritzJ92

Not console warring just stating facts. They could have given IGN the green light to do this on any day and they choose the day after Sony? Trying to steal some of the limelight methinks.

So MS knew Sony's agenda, had the time to worldwide ship all Xbox Series X | S to appropriate locations, and make sure they don't unbox until after Sony does this... got it conspiracy theorist present

Codes 208

Series X already draws less than One X, and Series S is less powerful. Should be even less.
I’m not entirely sure of that. According to DF The SX Was drawing upwards to 210w (And it can pull a total of up to 310w) while the One X generally peaked around 170

which overall still isn’t that drastic. My gaming pc is 500w and almost never hits anywhere near that high.

tryDEATH

Everything about the Series X exudes a premium product experience, from the pull tabs to the table top unboxing presentation that showcases a very nicely crafted unboxing experience. MS and the team at Xbox have really outdone themselves with everything, can't wait to get my hands on it.

NullZ3r0

Banned
A lot of their marketing efforts in the run up to new gen have been incredibly reactive to what Sony does. Very surprising considering they claim that they don’t see them as competition.
You do realize they've had these units for a while and MS just lifted their embargo, right?

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member

435959.jpg

Reactions: MrS

J_Gamer.exe

Microsoft are doing everythight right

Everything?

Apart from not having any next gen games at launch to show off a next gen system.

No next gen controller or UI.

Bragging about power but unable to show anything thats better or even level with PS5.

Anchoring down their next gen machine with old xbox one.

Having dev issues with their tech.

Seem reactionary in their tweets etc rather than sticking to their own plan, like their just clinging onto Sony coat tails.

Getting gazumped in ssd and io tech.

Apart from all that they have done everything right 🙄

cireza

Banned
I’m not entirely sure of that. According to DF The SX Was drawing upwards to 210w (And it can pull a total of up to 310w) while the One X generally peaked around 170
Yeah, you are actually right. I think I inverted the numbers, bad memory.

Iced Arcade

man just ship mine with a brown cardboard box with some bubble wrap. as long as it has that new electronic smell

Last edited:
Top Bottom